The Refreshment Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries Centauri

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
10 1/2" ash and paduak mix with unicorn hair core
Aries walked into the Great Hall admiring the mad handiwork again of the faculty, outdoing themselves constantly each year. He seriously didn't know how they pulled it off. He looked about and could see no sign of Violet yet but then again, she could be anywhere in this mad cap place, thronged already with students wearing anything from witches costumes, to cinderella, to merlin only knew what.

His own costume was a crazy thing he had not been able to resist using, especially considering how his best mate Fenton had a major thing against clowns or anything that looked like them. So evil jester it had been, the next best thing really. Walking straight to the refreshment table he looked about and nearly dropped the few nuts he had just picked up when he saw Andromeda. His tongue would have to be magically rolled back up again as it seemed to be now a permanent fixture on the floor. Gathering his wits before his girlfriend caught him ogling one of his bestfriends, Aries tried his best to turn the other way.

In what seemed to be something completely different from every other girl, Violet was completely covered from head to toe in costuming. Well, Lucy had followed a similar theme, but Lucy was particuarly conservative. They had decided to go video-game themed this year, Lucy dressed as Princess Zelda, and Violet, impressively, dressed as Samus from Metroid. The costume was heavy, but it was better than the alternative of wearing skin-tight blue PVC. Violet wasn't sure she could do that. So she stuck with the power suit. And even in that, she had to suck her stomach in to fit. Why do I do this to myself?
Putting her helmet back on, Violet strode in to the Great Hall, scouting out her boyfriend. She noticed Andy dressed as Princess Leia from the Star Wars films, and was very impressed at how she pulled that off - that outfit was tiny, something Violet wouldn't ever have worn if you'd paid her $1 million. Spying Aries, finally, next to the refreshment table, Violet smirked, and walked closer to him, raising her arm with the cannon on it. She rested her other hand on the cannon, looking as though she was charging it, before lowering her arm and taking off her helmet with her free hand, revealing a flushed face and messy blonde hair. "Happy Halloween," she said with a small smile.

Aries turned to see some kind of muggle looking robot thing approaching and cocked an eyebrow as the person inside the costume raised what looked like a miniature canon at him. Damn great costume, he just hoped that the thing wasn't loaded. Within seconds his girlfriend was whipping off the helmet and smiling at him. She looked hot, he could quite happily ask her to keep putting the helmet back on all night long, just so he could see her take it off again and have her blonde hair tumble down the way it did about her shoulders. So some people had to wear half nothing to look sexy, how many of them could actually wear a tank and pull it off. He put his arms about her kissing her lightly on the mouth before checking out the costume properly.

"Now that is one hell of a costume. What are you supposed to be?"

"Court Jester, my dear, twisted, demonic friend," she said with a wink, kissing him back happily. His costume was kind of scary, but Violet didn't mind if he kept the mask off. She much preferred to look at his gorgeous face, anyway. "Interesting costumes around here," she added, looking around at the assembled staff and students. "Glad you like this one, though," she said, with a smile. "I'm Samus Aran, video game character. She's a bounty hunter from an alien planet who destroys these things called space pirates. Weird concept and I'm no good at the game at all, but Angus is a video game whiz," she said with a laugh. "Andy's costume sure is impressive," she mentioned, giving a small nod in her direction. "I don't think I'd ever get away with wearing something like that, but she looks good."

"Friend? did you really just call me friend?" he grinned pulling her closer and not caring one iota who was watching, "Now you know better than anyone that I am alot more than that".

It was hard to get to grips with her inside her costume but he would try all the same, there was something infinitely sexy about a girl in uniform.
"Never really played any of those" it was a tad embarrassing sometimes how she had so much more knowledge of the muggle world than what he did, her mentioning Andromeda's costume nearly made him splutter.
"Very... nice. yeah. Can't wait to see Fenton's face when he sees her" he couldn't help but shake his head, falling in to the big brother roll he assigned just for Andy.
"I think" he smiled turning back to look at the most beautiful girl there, "I think you could wear anything and still look stunning".

"I know, my love, but it is oh so much fun to see you react like that," she grinned, happily enjoying the feeling of being close to him, even if her costume did get in the way, just a tad. It didn't matter. She was happy standing here with the love of her life, and that was all she needed. "Heh, it's okay. Raised by muggles, well a muggle and a witch pretending she was a muggle," she shrugged, shaking her head slightly. She still couldn't believe her mum had just given it all up and gone to live a normal muggle life - why would you? Nevertheless, she turned back to face Aries, a smile on her face. "You are too kind. And far too handsome. How did you get to be so handsome?" she questioned, jokingly. "You make that costume look amazing, even if the mask does creep me out a little," she admitted, with a sheepish grin.

Fenton knew people would have trouble reconciling him with the costume he had chosen. His slender willowy frame looked all bulked out, the outfit charmed to mould to his body as if the muscles were all his. He felt great in it though a quick glance in one of the mirrors on the way down nearly scared himself. He entered the hall and looked about it was brilliant. Durmstrang had never pulled off anything like this. Spotting the very person he wanted to see he strolled over to where Aries and Violet stood.
"Would the two of you get a room already" he grinned putting his own hand around Violet and giving her a quick peck on the cheek before moving his hand to pat Aries on the back.
"Hey this place looks the shnitz doesn't it?" he chuckled pulling the mask back so it fell behind him like a hood.
"Damn near hard to breath in that thing" he grinned reaching for a few snacks when his gaze took in Lily and then Andromeda.
"Oh man are we at the over dressed area or what?" he had never seen his surrogate sister look quite this way and as much as he had told himself that's all she was now, an old pang came hurdling back. Pure lust he told himself, after all old habits were hard to die and she had been his longest habit ever.
"Anyone see Trista yet?"

Aries laughed as Fenton strolled over in the ghastly costume he had chosen and gave Violet a warm welcome. Since joining the school and Fenton hooking up with Trista a fellow Ravenclaw the four had become a tight unit, which was great. He had still to ask Violet if she even liked the other girl but he did and she was good for Fenton that was all that mattered.

Ignoring the comment about the room, it was only when Fenton passed the one about being over dressed did Aries smile.
"Yeah I wondered the same thing myself man" he laughed, "nope haven't seen her but she'll show up not to worry".

It wasn't long though before music began pumping around the room and the feast got underway. The songs seemed to be mixed with fast and then slow.
"This is going to be tricky" he smiled at Violet offering her his hand, "want to dance?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back