The Quiet of The Dungeons

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni had finally finished all the work that she had been putting off until the last moment. Well really it wasn't too much at all. Though Toni knew that when the weeks went on the work would get more and more. She was not looking forward to that at all. Yet she was looking forward to the school weeks going on. Time always helped, if only a little.

After finishing all her work and seeing that the Slytherin common room was empty, Toni decided to wonder about the school. Maybe she would run into someone she liked, maybe not. Either way it would be more interesting than sitting in the common room getting lost in her thoughts.

As Toni passed the spot where Sam and her had gotten into the fight she could almost feel her heart beat faster with the memories. Pushing the whole ideal out of her mind, Toni continued on her walk.

Harri was wondering around the school, for once she was up to date on all her homework and she had absoloutely nothing to do, she would go to her dorm but she couldn't really bare to stay up there on her own anymore.
As she walked she soon found herself in the dungeons, "Lumos," she said, nearly jumping out of her skin as she saw her ginger cat Jasper right by her legs, "Jasper," she whispered stroking him softly, she shook her head as she walked on and he followed her. She carried on walking and looking around at the damp dark dungeons, wishing she hadn't worn the mid thigh length dress, she was starting to get cold. She heard more footsteps ahead of her, "Hey," she called, spreading light over the girl.

Toni tried to think about only thoughts that weren't bringing back awful memories. She tried to think about Sadie who should be wondering about somewhere. That cat never seemed to leave her alone anymore, but she didn't mind. Even at times like this she liked to have at least someone.

Hearing a girl's voice and turning around to see a girl and a light coming out of a wand. "hey" Toni said looking at the girl being able to tell she was older. Though Toni couldn't place her face from anywhere. "What brings you to the dungeons?" Toni asked.

"Just having a wonder," Harri said laughing, "I haven't been down here since the last time I had potions!" she said laughing, and that had been some time last year, "I'm Harri by the way," she said smiling. "How about you? What are you doing here?" she asked, trying to figure out if the girl was a Slytherin or not.

Toni nodded her head as the girl said that she was just wondering. "Not many people just wonder the dungeons" Toni said as she rubbed her arms for the simple reason that it was cold down here. It always was though. She was just hoping that spending some much time down here would make her get used to it.

"Nice to meet you Harri" Toni said absentmindedly. At least this was someone to talk to. Toni needed someone to talk to right now and hopefully cure her thoughts and her boredom. "I'm Toni" She said briefly as she looked over the girl trying to figure out her age and house.

"I just felt like going for the walk. The common room is surprisingly empty" Toni explained "The Slytherin common room of coarse" She said a hint of pride as she managed to state the word Slytherin.

"Nice to meet you Toni," Harri said, she laughed as the ginger cat, Jasper, began meaowing((OKay I blatantly can't spell that:p)), "Oh and this is Jasper," she said, she probably looked mad introducing a cat but she loved him, so she thought it only right.
"Of course," she said ,her tone still light and friendly "Empty? The Gryffindor ones always full to the brim," she said, sometimes to full it could get annoying at times, if you ever felt the need for a bit of time out the common room wasn't somewhere Harri would go.
"Your a first year right?" she asked,

Toni nodded at the girl as she spoke though she couldn't help but smile when the cat began to meow. Looking at the cat that Harri at introduced as Jasper she smiled. "Well my kitten Sadie about somewhere" Toni said looking around as if the cat was just going to pop up as she did quite often. Though realzing that Sadie was no where to be found, Toni smiled thinking about how Sadie was probably in the dorm taking up the whole bed.

"Well the Slytherin dorm is quite the opposite" Toni said realizing that her words were quite ironic. Slytherin and Gryffindor being opposite that was like normal. Yet Toni sort of wished that the Slytherin dorms would be boucning with people.

As Harri asked if Toni was a first year, she wondered if it was obvious. "Yeah I'm a first year" Toni said trying to figure out what year the girl was in. Though she couldn't really figure it out. Toni wasn't the best at determining age. "What year are you in?" Toni asked as she pushed a piece of her hair behind her left ear out of habit.

Harri smiled, "You like cats then?" she asked stating the obvious, her British accent seemed to have got stronger on her visit home, it was strange how when she got home she noticed it kind of faded, but now it was the strongest it had been for a long time.
"Yeah I have a dorm on my own so I think I win," she said laughing.
"Thought so," she said nodding, the girl didn't look exactly young but she had seen most of the second years around, "Third," she said, "The years just keep on getting better by the way," she said laughing.
"How you finding school so far?" she asked.

"Yeah I'm a bit of an animal lover" Toni said thinking that an animal lover didnt' really fit her personality. Though even if it didn't it was rather true. Smiling slightly seeming to find this girl not too bad, though she couldnt' help but notice Harri's accent. It was british like Sam's accent and like Beau's accent.

Though when Harri said she had a dorm alone Toni smiled "I wish I'm stuck with a third year and a first year. But it's not too bad" Toni explained. Really the girls in her dorm did keep to themselves, though it was perfectly fine with Toni.

"Oh a third year" Toni said realizing that this girl must know her room mate but not really caring about asking. It wasn't like Toni needed a background check. After staying all those years with Amanda, her sister, Toni could deal with almost any room mate. Yet as Harri said that the years kept getting better as the years went on Toni wanted to sigh in relief. Though she remained silent.

"The school's ok" Toni said thinking about how she hadn't explored it as much as she would have liked yet. With all the drama and the classes, Toni really just didn't have time. "Classes and all that are ok. The work seems rather boring though I expect as the year goes on it will be more interesting or at least I hope so" Toni said.

"Well thats not too bad!" Harri said as she spoke of the girls she shared a dorm with.
"Oh yeah, the work gets much better! Especially third year electives," she said smiling. "So Toni, do you have any older brothers or sisters at the school?" she asked trying to see if she could recognise anyone in Toni's face, she didn't have any luck.

Toni shook her head when Harri said it wasn't too bad. It was better than rooming with her sister and that was about it. Pushing the idea of third year electives out of mind, Toni tried to move on with the conversation. Toni really didn't like the idea of electives. None of them seemed to exciting to her at all.

"Actually I'm the first of my family to come here" Toni said a hint of pride in her voice. She was still thrilled that she was the first, that could never been changed. "Though three of my sisters are coming next year" Toni said adding an eye roll as she thought about Bailey, Skye, and Madison coming next year. That was not going to be fun at all.

"How about you? Do you have any siblings here?" Toni asked.

"Three? You have triplet sisters?" Harri said suprised. "No I'm an only child," she said, she couldn't be bothered to go into the whole Tommy situation, he was her brother, just not genetically in anyway, it was a long story not one she thought a first year would be interested in.
"It must be pretty good having four of you right?" she asked, big families always intrigued her. Like Caysi's family there always seemed to be loads of them everywhere! In her house it was just three of them.

Toni let out a small laugh when Harri seemed surprised that she had triplet sisters. "Yeah I have triplets for sisters" Toni said rolling her eyes. Madison, Bailey, and Skye were three brainy triplets that Toni really didn't want to think about.

Though as Harri said that it must be pretty good having four of them, Toni shook her head for a moment. "Oh no I have three sisters coming up next year, in total I have nine siblings. Eight sisters and one brother" Toni explained. She always had to expect that surprise that awaited when Toni said that she had nine siblings. Some of the time half the people didn't believe her.

"Nine?" Harri said laughing, "Seriously? Well thats.... wow!" she said grinning. "I guess that gets a little annoying at times right?" she said, trying to imagine having eight brothers and sisters was practically impossible to her, how could they all fit in one house? Seemed to be the question springing to Harri's mind.

Toni nodded her head already expecting Harri's shock. Most people thought her parents were insane for having that many child. Toni thought they were insane. She would be so much happier just being a single child.

"Yeah nine siblings" Toni said rolling her eyes. "It is so annoying. I have to share a room with my eight year old Sister Amanda" Toni explained hating the fact that she actually had to share a room in such a big house. "I always try to sell the siblings but no one seems to want them" Toni said letting out a small laugh.

Robert wandered around the dungeons, trying to find the spot he found last time he came here. Spotting two girls he sauntered over to them. "Hi." He said, in as much as a low voice as he could manage. He hoped he wasnt interupting.

Toni was paying attention to the conversation with Harri when she heard another voice, this time a boy's. Hoping it was Beau or Sam, though realizing as she turned that it was a boy she had never even noticed before. "Hey" Toni said trying to be friendly though she couldn't manage a smile.

"I'm Toni" She said introducing herself briefly hoping the boy would do the same.

He half smiled at Toni "I see. I'm Robert." he said, still looking at her. "Ive heard so much about you" he said, his eyes glittering and his eyebrows wiggling menecingly.

"Well Robert" Toni began though she was quite liking the fact that she was already known. "I've never heard of you though" She added wondering what he had heard about her. Probably nothing good, but what did that matter.

"What have you heard about me?" Toni asked keeping any curiousity out of her voice. She picked a small piece of her own hair and twirled it absentmindedly.

(omg!! a third!)

Robert stared at Toni when she started playing with her hair, that was the third person he had come over to and that had happened to today! he thought. Why do girls do that?

He smiled, "Ive heard, enough, to know" he said, trying not to let on too much. "Your very, what's the word, independant, possibly" he said slowly.

Toni rolled her eyes as Robert said that he had heard enough Useless information She thought as she let the piece of hair she was twirling fall back to her face. Pushing the piece behind her left ear, she listened as Robert tried to find the right word. "Independent?" Toni repeated

"Well I guess you could describe me like that" She said her tone not caring as much. How was she supposed to find out what people were saying about her if boys like this wouldn't speak up. "So what are you doing wondering the dungeons. I usually don't see people like you down here" Toni asked though she had a small smirk pressed upon her lips.

He let out a single laugh. "Im new here, joined two days ago. Earlier i came exploring down here, and was, distracted, i'm just trying to re-trace my steps" he said honestly. He wondered about the girl. "And you? What's a Slytherin such as yourself doing, in such an empty area?" he asked, turning his head slightly to the side and smiling briefly."What do you mean, like me?"

Toni listened as the boy said he was just trying to retrace his steps. Whatever happened to the dungeons being nice and peaceful but most importantly empty. "Well a Slytherin like myself is trying to get rid of a bit of boredom" Toni said ignoring the fact that she had finally started to grow cold due to area.

"I am allowed to hang out in empty areas" Toni said a small smile on her face though it wasn't meant as a good nor a bad thing. Though in the back of her mind Toni couldn't help but wonder what the boy had meant by a slytherin like herself. Probably nothing Toni thought pushing it aside. "oh I meant nothing by it" Toni lied placing a rather fake smile on her face.

"So big surprise you know I'm in Slytherin." Toni said rolling her eyes as if her house was obvious "What house did that dumb hat put you in?" She wondered.

"Ah that sucks," Harri said, she couldn't imagine sharing with an eight year old, that must be pretty hard. "You tried to sell them?" she repeated laughing, "Atta girl," she said grinning.
She turned when she heard another voice, this time a male one "Hey I'm Harri," she said, Toni wasn't bad for a first year and she could clearly see this boy was a first year, she hoped he wasn't the annoying kind.

"Your style is very revealing. Im sure it wouldn't take long for anyone to know you were slytherin" he said, raising his eyebrows. "Of cource, empty areas have most impact" he said, shoving his hands in his jeans pockets.
He listened to her before repling, "Griffindor." he waited for her reaction. "Don't. Are there rules for Slytherin and Griffindor? No. I didn't think so ether." he finished for her. He didn't want houses to get in the way of friendships.

Checking out the area, he started to get bored himself. "You coming? Or are you going to stay by your lonely self in this damp pit?" he asked, wincing. "C'mon. Could be fun" he said, and turned to go out the way he came. He stopped, "By the way. Who's she?" he asked, nudging her head in the direction of the other girl, who had been silent since he'd arrived. She spoke, Robert smiled again, "Pleasure Harri to meet you." he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back