the powers of women

Ashton Smith

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Ashton walked angrily through the happy streets of the harbour. He had just had another argument with his stupid wife. Stupid b!tch. Who on earth does she think she is telling what do do and that he was nothing. He had taught her a lesson, one that she was often taught but never mastered.
As he got o a more suitable silent place he began to brood away with himself. He looked out to the water, the way it shimmered in the moonlight was amazing. Ashton was so caught up with his thoughts that he diddnt notice someone walking towards him untill they were right behing him. He turned quickly to see who was stupid enough to come near him. As he looked he saw that it was a girl....A beautiful blonde girl. He was speakless and felt funny. He had to really concentrate to talk. "H...Hello, are you ok?" What the heck was wrong with him, why was he being so nice? Ash did not like this one bit but couldnt stop it.

Jess was wandering through the harbour, not really heading to a particular destination, just pottering around. She was just about to head home when she spotted a young looking man by the water. She walked up behind him then tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey." She smiled at him as he asked her a question.

"I'm very well thank you, and yourself?" Jess was a very smiley person, always polite and friendly.

Ashton again felt his breath taken away. His sour mood had vanished and he felt like a child. He just looked at the smiley girl with is mouth open. "Well.... i am.... fine.... now.....Were you going anywhere, would you like to walk with me?" Would you like to walk with me? How dull was that, and since when did he WALK with people he had just met....This was strange, but a good strange a strange that Ash could live with and enjoy from time to time. He stood up properly and held out his muscular arm. " My nae is....Ashton." And now he was introducing himself before she had properly spoken to him, He must be drunk or something.

Jess felt a warm sensation trickle through her body as he spoke, she smiled at him and accepted the hand shake. "Ashton, I'll remember that...Well it's to meet you." She said to him, with a friendly voice and a smile. Is he upset or just shy? Or am I being stupid? Jess thought whilst feeling a little confused, she was always one for putting a smile on people's faces, but did this guy need a friendly face, or something else? Jess began to walk with Ashton as a number of thoughts rushed through her head.

She smiled at him again. "So are you from around here...your face seems familiar?"

Ashton walked along side herand thought about what she had said...and diddnt say. He looked a ther confused. " Sorry what did you say your name was?" Ashton fely an ooverwhelming desire for a pint but decided that it probably wasnt the best thing to do so he just ignored it. He looked ahead and then hesitated before answering. "...I do live around here, and its funny that you say i am familiar to me as i dont believe that we are acuanted, nor do i recall your face. It may just be that you are more observant than i am." What he said wasnt the most friendly but then again it wasnt really Ashton's nature to be overly friendly, but he made exeptions to girls.

Jess smiled. "Oh...I'm Jess." She giggled a little, and was still unsure of Ashton, he seemed very private about his own life, and his own personal feelings, but there was something about him that was very likeable.

"Yeah, I wouldn't say I've met you before...just seen you around I believe...I don't live far away...well not anymore anyway..." Jess smiled at him, then giggled again slightly.

Ashton raised an eye brow at the girls constant giggling, she seemed rarther imature for her age but then again life was much more fun like that. " Well Jess it is nice to meet you, do you want to get a drink or anything. Maybe something to eat." He smiled halfheartedly at her. As he was now divorced from his waste of a life wife he was able to do anything that he wanted. Also they were walking past a burger van so it was easy and was the only thing that Ash could think of right now.

Jess smiled at Ashton's kind offer. "Yeah, a drink and a bite to eat sounds great thanks..." She said as they began to walk towards a nearby burger van. Jess did an excitable, but small jump in the air as they got there. "So, what are you getting?" Jess smiled at him, showing her glowing white teeth.

Jess was naturally an excitable, and flirty person, but never this much. There was something about Ashton's secretiveness that she rather liked, and which obviously made her hyper.

Ashton smiled then shook his head at the girls giddyness. He ordered two bugers and two cokes. He offered a burger and coke to her with another smile. It was odd for Ash to be smiling this much, he never usually smiled. " Is that ok with you or do you want something else?" Ash took a bite out of his burger then washed it down with the Coke.

Jess smiled at Ashton again. "That's lovely thanks Ash...is it ok if I call you Ash?" Jess then also took a bite out of her burger as Ashton had just done. "Mmm, how nice are these burgers?" She said as she swallowed. "Do you like them?" Jess asked as she checked that her hair, face, and body was still reasonable to look at. She had always been self-consciece about her appearance...and she loved impressing the boys. Jess was aware of them staring at her...her blonde, and shiny hair attracted them...she knew that...and she wasn't afraid of showing it..."So, where are we off to now?" Jess smiled at Ashton, she was enjoying his company...almost a bit too much.

Ashton shrugged passively. " Call me what you want, it is just a name. I would say that the burgers are ok." As he finished his food and drink he through them into the bin then looked around to see where they could go to answer her question. He then poited to a bridge that went over the water. " Well if you dont mind heights then you can get a good view from that bridge." He smiled crookedly at her. He was craving a cigartte but diddn't want to do it in front of Jess and he was thinking off giving up anyway so he might aswell start now.

Jess smiled at Ashton again, "The bridge sounds nice, and I'm not afraid of heights, it looks wonderful over there..." Jess also thought that it looked quite romantic, but she wasn't going to admit that to Ashton...not quite yet anyway...she had only just met him for the first time 5 Minutes Ago...

Ashton nodded then began to walk over to their destination. He diddnt check to see if she was following him although he could hear footsteps close behind him. He began the climb up the stairs then as he reached the top he stopped in the middle and looked out across the harbour. He looked quickly at Jess. " So what do you think?"

Jess followed Ashton, and smiled as they reached the top. "Wow, yeah, the view is amazing...thanks for bringing me here..." Jess desperatly wanted to hug and cuddle Ashton, but she knew that this was inappropiate. There was something about him that Jess found very loveable, even tho he didn't seem the most friendliest of guys. And for that very reason she thought that it would be best if he made the first move, she didn't want to break their new found friendship. Jess looked out at the amazing view once again. This is awesome. Jess Thought To Herself.

Ashton shrugged. "Dont worry about it. Its not too much of a problem anyway i wasnt doing anything today so im up for anything."He looked away from her and leant against the railings and sighedsighed inwardly. The girl in his company seemed to be overly attached to him allready. He diddn't really care for it, it was common, girls always say that they find him mysterious and exiting. Ashton just finds it annoying. He looked back at Jess. " What now then?"

Jess smiled at Ashton as she thought. "Hmmm, well, what would you like to do?" Jess tried not to show her excitement about being with Ashton to much, she didn't want to get on his nerves. She also tried not to stare at him too much, he was cute, but Jess HAD to find something else to look at, otherwise it would just be too obvious that she may have a little thing for him...they usually call it a crush...

Ashton put his head in his hands. Im getting nowhere with this women. When he raised his head again he saw that she was staring at him throught the corner of his eye. He looked in the opposite direction to aviod eye contactk. " We could walk through the tree's if you want, there is a little path just over the other side of this bridge." He got up from his leaning post and walked over to the other side of the bridge before she could answer

Jess smiled but not as excitably as she usually would. She could see that Ashton was getting annoyed with her. "Oh, yeah we can go there." She said as he walked off. Jess followed him, "So, you okay?" She was just trying to create conversation with him, but secretly knew that something was up with Ashton and wanted to know what.

Ashton looked over his shoulder. "Yeah im fine thanks, nothing is the matter with me........What about you." Conversetions wasnt really ashton's strong suit some times but he knew what to say when he needed to say it. He began to walk down the stairs on the other side of the bridge and then when he got to the bottom he waited a littlwe while for Jess as she was somedistance behind him. He took the time while she was walking to size her up from head to toe. She looked his age and she was still kind off pretty. She was easy to talk to, or well listen to and say the odd word or two when needed.

Jess found it rather sweet that Ashton waited for her at the bottom of the stairs. She began to walk down the stairs, towards him. He looked so cute stood there waiting for her. She stopped quite closely by him. "You know you didn't have to wait for me...but I'm not complaining...it was sweet...and as for the answer to your question, I'm very well thank you." Jess said flirtatiously.

Ashton looked aeway when it sounded like she was trying to flirt with him. "Dont worry about it." He walked slowly on the pathway.He was avoiding eye contact with her just in case it may spur her on. He kept quiet as he walked. He had the impression that it wouldnt be quiet for much longer as Jess would say something that would need an response to it.

Jess smiled as she walked along side Ashton, "So...Ash, do you want to do something?...I don't mind what...it's your choice." Jess asked him the question then kept quiet until he answered her. She hoped that she wasn't getting on his nerves already.

that we were doing something. But if you would rarther do something else then i dont mind, we can just decide on it together and i will even let you have the first opinion ok." He smiled at her charmingly then looked away. She may have been unbareable annoying but she was still beautiful.

Jess smiled. "Okay, well we could go to a pub, or a cafe or something like that...is that okay." She said, then waited for a response.

Ash sighed and turned around to walk to the ice cream parlour. " Yes of course its fine and no hasle." Ash walked in the direction of the cafe while thinking about all the things he could do with jess today...And tonight. He smiled while he pondoured on that thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back