The Pied Piper plays again...

Sakura Gemini

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
10 1/4" hawthorn with essence of phoenix tears
Once more he stept into the street, And to his lips again
Laid his long pipe of smooth straight cane; And ere he blew three notes (such sweet
Soft notes as yet musician's cunning never gave the enraptured air)

Sakura was beyond angry now, she had apparated to her former home in Bulgaria to speak with Master Jarousek about her returning to work for him only to find he had already replaced her and thrown her remaining clothes and possessions out. Incensed that he would not even tell her this himself but his new apprentice had to do the dirty work for him, Sakura had been shown to where her abysmal looking pile lay. There was no point in even trying to sift through it, all that was left were charred remains.

She had already told Bella that she would be staying the night and had booked herself into an Inn in the adjoining village. Now as she sat down looking into her cup of tea she scowled. One mishap after another, her grandfather Amos Diggory would of course be smiling as he muttered 'I told you so' to her. Where once upon a time in her life she could do no wrong, that was all she seemed capable of doing now. Unemployed, homeless and nearly broke. What possible help could she even be to her best friend at this point?

The Inn was deathly quiet and she was grateful for that much at least and then as if to mock her thoughts the door burst open, letting the cold air drift in swirling snow about the wooden floor. Sakura shivered and pulled the collar of her travelling robe up around her. Placing her cold hands around the hot cup she allowed the heat to permeate, needed something to warm her, for there was nothing else in her life.

Back to Bulgaria thought the young Death Eater as he walked the sidewalks. His pasty white fingers opened a folder naming some of the best people that Hades could receive information from. Where he got his hands on this file was just a mystery all in itself. Below the names of the people Hades would need information from perhaps in the future were workers, past and present. Hades narrowed his cold, stormy colored eyes at the paper as snow landed upon it, and melted instantly. Hades closed the folder, and put it in his trenchcoat next to his chest. There, it will be safe, and soon, Hades will need to confront these people directly.

He stepped into an Inn where he would spend a few minutes in there, just studying about these people, who they are and what they are known for. Hades glanced down at the wooden floor, before he shut the door behind him. Hades flexed his hands and ran them through his hair, which contained some moisture from the melted snow. He sat down somewhat next to another female, and Hades spared her just one look, before he glanced down once more. The look out of his eyes was utter seriousness, and he was in no mood to play around. Instead, he spoke softly, "I suppose you are not used to the cold that Bulgaria offers."

Sakura usually didn't mind being cheerful and amiable to anyone, including virtual strangers but today was a bad day. Today she had simply wanted to sit alone and have a good old moan for herself, in her head of course. Looking up to see who spoke to her she figured he was just being polite and shrugged before sipping her tea.

"No, I'm used to it" she felt a rant come on and had to bite her tongue before she would explode with yeah lived here for two years freezing myself senseless during the winter holidays and working too hard to enjoy the sunshine when it was hotter only to be kicked to the curb by the insidious oaf Jarousek Radomira. She wasn't even gone a week and already he had employed a new apprentice. Seething under her polite facade she smiled before looking back at her boring cup of tea, she didn't drink anything stronger though. Had never tried anything stronger unless you counted butterbeer.

Sitting back in her seat she touched her pocket to make sure she still at least had her room key, the rate things were going in her life it would be just typical if she lost that as well. Her brown hair fell about her face as she discreetly counted out some sickles, making sure she had enough for another cup of tea. It was just as well she had paid for her room in advance otherwise she would have been tempted to use the money to buy herself something to eat. She did not give the man another thought as she called the waiter over and ordered another pot of tea and handed over the exact amount in loose change.

Hades studied this younger female but just vaguely and not enough to make her really notice, hopefully. He would have taken out the file he claimed in front of this girl, but he chose not to. Something was off, and Hades just did not trust it. Otherwise, he would have. Instead, he sat in thought, looking as though he was staring off into space when he was actually taking in everything that was happening about him.

He could not help but notice that she paid for her tea in loose change. It hit him then… Was this female broke? Hades summoned a waiter, and he ordered for a pot of the finest tea that the place had, and once he received that, Hades paid for it and he turned to the girl for just a moment, before he pulled out a book in written in Bulgarian that was about the history of the world, and he began to read it. The waiter returned with his tea, and Hades could not help but try a bit. It was just superb. Perfect. “If anything will soothe a vile day, it is this kind of tea,” his voice was low and in a ghostly whisper as his stormy eyes gazed over the pages.

Why she simply didn't apparate back to the Leaky Cauldron was beyond her, she would be back where it was warm and where she could at least get a decent meal. But Sakura knew why... she was jobless, homeless as well and had never felt so down on her luck. There was no way she could write home about this mess and she certainly didn't want to dump it on Isabella that by coming to help her she was quite literally now destitute. Sakura sighed looking into her cup, she needed simply this time to wallow in self pity. She was a Gryffindor still in heart and spirit, so not very much got her down but real life outside of school was alot harder than anything they prepared you for.

All the spells in the world couldn't help put a roof over your head forever, or a qualification under your belt or room in your belly. She felt she was entitled to this moment before going back to New Zealand and picking herself up and dusting herself off and sending out applications to the gazillion places needing people. Her gaze lifted as the man began to order and once again she sighed, it was worse when the waiter brought him his pot of tea and Sakura like the true die hard English woman she was began to visualise the scent, the tea-pickers, everything to do with the beautiful tradition of tea making as the aroma of his more expensive tea wafted over to her.

Looking at him as he read his book, she could just make out the words he spoke and an audible sigh escaped her.
"Ordinary tea does just as well you know" she seriously couldn't believe she had said anything at all to him. She had thought she was past this type of behavior, something she had been near famous for back in school. Blushing she turned her gaze away and drank back the rest of her tea, her cheap revolting tea that tasted like a reused teabag and not aromatic leaves.

"I apologize truly" she kept her gaze averted, hoping that she had not caused any offence.

The words spoke to him in his mind, but the file in his trenchcoat was speaking to him - more like shouting. Closing the book, he tucked it away and pulled out the file, taking out some of the papers and going over the list of information he gathered from people without their notice. Some of these people lived around here. Perhaps Hades would be staying in Bulgaria for a little while, straying from house to house at night, spying and gathering as much data as humanly possible. It was all nothing more but a game, and Hades knew exactly how to play it. If only he knew the secrets of these masters now but he couldn't reach them without taking out the pawns.

"Mmmm..." Hades responded to her comment about ordinary tea. How much he disagreed with that. "I must say, you have not divulged yourself into this type. I would not mind purchasing you a cup, if I am not being too bold." Hades' gaze was locked on the file's information. His eyes were practically extracting the information right from the pages. However, he was sure to block her view of the papers as well. The last thing he wanted was someone asking him what he was doing with such valuable information for him. Hades nodded, "Apology accepted." His stormy eyes met hers for a moment, before going back to his duties.

"Hades Lutrov, is what I am called." An introduction. It was perhaps needed after just three sentences she spoke to him.

Sakura had more than divulged herself into the type of tea he was drinking, with her old home not being too far away she had often come here on her days off and when she had discovered that she could concoct better brews herself with the use of various dried herbs, she had gone about doing that instead. She hadn't even thought to bring a pouch of her own tea blend with her, hadn't thought she would need. For she had seriously underestimated Master Jarousek Radomira and his preoccupation for his own brilliance. Of course he would not have waited around for her of all people to get her life in order or her best friends either for that matter and now someone else was learning all the skills, the potions, the deepest darkest secrets that she was once privvy too.

Saks glanced at the man, he seemed intent on some business. Reading extensively through documents. Averting her gaze once more so he would not think she was attempting to see what it was he was reading she wondered if she should accept his offer of a decent cup of tea. That alone was harmless wasn't it? He looked extremely dark and forboding but after living in this part of the world for a while now she had found that it was quite amazing what types of characters a person got used to.

"No that would not be bold, I thank you for your offer but actually feel it would be bold of me to accept it" he accepted her apology and she felt slightly abashed, sitting up straight in her chair her tall statuesque frame finally saw the light of day as she slipped her cloak from her shoulders. The fire finally was raging in the hearth and even through the layers of clothing she could feel the heat it radiated.
"I am Sakura Gemini" she told him, his name made her smile. The first thought being of the underworld and the god that patrolled it. Glancing at the Hades before her she had a fleeting ephiphany that perhaps they were one and the same.

The documents held so much, yet it just was not enough to satisfy Hades. So many masters, so many people to probe information from by any means possible. Anything to strengthen himself or his skills. Hades glanced up and summon a waiter to get this girl the same tea as him, his treat, and the waiter hurried off. Perhaps it was the piercing stare Hades withheld while ordering. He did seem to look much more serious, much more threatening while receiving information via reading. Putting the papers together and turning them face down, and folding the folder to cover them once more, he turned his gaze to the girl. "Acceptance or not, I ordered you another cup of tea regardless." Hades smirked faintly, only showing a sliver of emotion.

His ghostly white hands rested on the folder, and once she introduced herself, that name sparked his interest. He had seen it, read it before. But where? All he needed was one tiny thing to know about Sakura, and then he would remember where exactly he had seen or heard her name. "Pleasure, Sakura Gemini." Hades doubted that his charms would work upon her - not to mention that sometimes it led to other sometimes regrettable events so he preferred to not divulge himself into sin tonight. Instead, he would have to work undercover, something he was excellent at as well. "Do you work around here, or just visiting this area?" inquired the Death Eater in training. If the question was thrown back at him, Hades would just easily lie and say he worked for his grandfather's company that stood in this country or say something else. Beinig prepared this time, he would not be caught off guard such as Cecily had when she caught him covered in Alexander Moon's blood, and he did not have much time to plan out his actions or thoughts.

Sakura offered the man a smile for his less than charming manner, the tea came almost too quickly as if the staff were in awe of the man. Which in turn made her look at him more closely, with a more shrewd glance. He was tall even sitting down that much was obvious, not a bad looking man but not exactly handsome. There was a more dangerous vibe about him, but he had charisma. She felt a little guilty that he seemed to be concluding his business because of her.

"Thank you" she said to him, inclining her head in thanks then to the waiter before he left hurriedly to retreat behind the counter, "I hope I am not keeping you from ... work"
she poured the tea from the pot into her cup admiring the amber liquid that oozed in a font of steam into the porcelain vessel.
"Do I work around here? no... I definitely don't work around here" she failed to add on the tag 'anymore' there was no point in pouring her life story as short as it was out to the man, Hades, "Visiting... passing through is more apt I think".

Her words were vague but she had never been one for giving out too much information on herself. She had never thought herself very interesting in the first place to do so.
"Are you? visiting or working here?" she rolled her eyes it was obvious he was working, what with the pile of folders he had beside him.

Hades nodded at her thanks, and kept a close eye on the folder. The work he was doing came to a standstill but even he needed a small break from time to time. "No, this is more like research. So, you are not keeping me from anything." Hades had all the time in the world, he had no deadlines to what he was doing. He knew that it would be a while before his plans would be set in a steady motion. Right now, it is just putting the pieces of the puzzles together.

"Passing through, that sounds about like a lot of people nowadays." Hades himself was passing through really, but whether or not he would reveal that was not an option. He could not reveal anything of his true intentions. Why would he? He wanted no one following him, or just remotely catching onto his plans. It was too risky. Hades would not allow it to happen. "I work in my grandfather's company somewhat close by. This..." he motioned toward the folder, "is for the company. I guess you can say that I work here." Hades forced himself to sound completely convincing. After all, he was a pro at his own work. Hades was an interesting character once someone got to know the real him. Problem was, he wouldn't let anyone close enough to get a sliver of how he truly was. He took a sip of his tea and he inquired after he set the cup down, "Are you liking Bulgaria then, if you are just passing through?"

Sakura could not help but smile as the delicious tea blazed out a heavenly path through her, she all but purred at its taste turning to look at the man again.
"Oh you work near here? I did use too but well, I don't any more. It took me a while to get used to the language and the people but sort of fell in love with both once I did. Of course some people are universal aren't they? Bad attitudes, test your very last ounce of patience" she seriously didn't know why she was talking so much to a stranger but the tea was absolutely nectar from the heavens and she was grateful for it, so telling him a little about herself without divulging too much would never really hurt.

As if on cue her grandfather Amos' voice seemed to reverberate in her head, warning her to keep safe. She took another gulp of tea and chose to ignore the man who had all but driven her insane with his over protectiveness all her life.

"I have only been gone a few months now but I miss it already" she had reverted to Bulgarian with no little effort at all, with ease it had slipped from her as if she had been born using the language.

Hades stared at Sakura with curious eyes. She seemed like a complicated creature, and this alone fascinated him. Hades nodded, as she spoke. It would indicate that he was in fact listening to her words. “Bulgaria is an unique area, with diverse people of all sorts. I was born here, but not raised. I only researched the area recently.” Hades inquired, his tone softer than before, “Are people testing your patience, now? Or rather, has someone here done so to you?” Hades wondered who exactly was this girl, her history, and everything about her just in case he needed to either stay away from or retreat valuable information from. He doubted that she was neither, for she held his attention for this long. But he was a little surprised when she spoke Bulgarian so easily. He chuckled, “Impressive, gone for a few months and you still speak the language like you have never left.” Hades straightened his position, when he wondered whether they were going to revert to English or stay in Bulgarian.

She felt more relaxed as he spoke and as the warmth of the tea filled and comforted her. Sakura loved Bulgaria like it was her second home and knew she would miss it terribly.
"I wish I was lucky to have been born here. It is beautiful" she smiled dreamily into her cup, her hands felt much warmer from simply holding the outside of it with her palms instead of being all lady like and using the handle.

She thought for a moment about what he had asked and she shook her head with a grin.
"Not at this very moment no, I can honestly say no one is testing my patience. Now earlier on today, most definitely" she had continued to speak in Bulgarian as if it were her native tongue. The language flowed from her like a glacier on a smooth slope, effortlessly and with grace. As if the language was made for speaking just by her.

"Sometimes it just happens. I suppose when you immerse yourself so deeply in a culture learning the language is like a gift,an honor and speaking it properly is the honor returned. I actually find myself mid conversation with my best friend speaking it and she hasn't a word of Bulgarian" she smiled looking directly at him, "Are you happy with what you have researched so far?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back