Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (James)
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Aspen Wand with Boomslang venom Core
The last person that Geo had to delivery a Candy Cane to, shared the first name of one of Geo's best friends. Not that she was sure whether she should even be calling her that anymore. Things between them were strange, more so that she'd expected them to be. The issues between them were mounting up with every passing week, and as the Hufflepuff wandered towards the Slytherin common room, she tried to focus on the task at hand. "Hey, is there a Jessica Matthews around here?" She had no idea who she was looking for, and could only hope someone would help her out.

Jessica never liked to spend any longer than required down in the dungeons, but she had forgotten one of the notebooks she needed for the next class. It was absolutely out of the question to have her notes anywhere but in the place they were supposed to be, so using one of her other books wasn't going to cut it - and thus the trip back in the gloomy dark was necessary. Walking briskly down the corridor leading to the common room, Jessica was surprised to hear someone calling her name ahead of her and she slowed her pace slightly, cautious about what this person might want. "Hello," she called, stopping a large enough distance behind the girl so that they wouldn't be weirdly too close once she had turned around. "I'm Jessica... can I help you with something?" Maybe she was going to be interviewed for the school paper! Jessica perked up at the thought.

Geo jumped a little as she heard a voice behind her, but turned to see a student standing there who looked quite delighted that she'd been asking for her. "Hi. I have a Candy Cane for you!" she grinned back enthusiastically, thrusting the sweet and its note towards the Slytherin. "Please tell me you know who it's from. Last year I was doing roses and there were a couple from an anonymous student. Don't think it did much for their morale.." Geo trailed off, wondering if Jessica would be pleased to have received it.
Candy Cane said:
To Jessica Matthews

I'm still sorry about that rose that got lost - a candy cane to make up for it, as well for being such a wonderful friend? I hope you have a good Christmas!

- Jessica

"Oh, thank you!" Jessica said with a smile. Well, it wasn't someone from the paper looking for her, but she was just as pleased to see that the other girl had a candy cane delivery for her. It wasn't anything as special as the roses on Valentine's Day, of course, but it meant that someone had been thinking of her. That in itself was enough, particularly as Jessica wasn't actually that fond of mint-flavoured things. Oh, she pretended to like for other people's sake of course, but she'd have never treated herself to something like a candy cane on her own. Taking the sweet from the girl with a smile, Jessica went straight for the note - an action that was predominantly for her own satisfaction, but hopefully looked enough like she was going to answer the question without seeming rude or narcissistic.

"It's from..." Jessica quickly read the note, and as she did her eyebrows creased together in confusion. "Me." She read it again to clarify, and then looked up at the delivery girl. "This is the one I wrote to go to my friend October, why have they written my name on it?" She tried to keep her voice even, but this was both annoying and slightly upsetting. Of all the mix-ups, it just had to have been with October's... well, at least it would make her made-up mix-up seem more plausible now. Bringing her fingertips to the space between her eyebrows to try and smooth out the creases there, Jessica attempted a smile at the delivery girl, although the situation made it slightly tight. "It's alright, I don't blame you at all. Thank you for... delivering these today, I guess. I can give this to October myself, if that's okay." As soon as she had said it, Jessica felt like that would actually be a rather nice thing to do. No one ever got to deliver their own messages in person, and it would make the delivery to her friend that much more seemingly special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back