The new lady

Mark Stone

OOC First Name
Laura :D
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4"
Mark waited leant against the wall in Brightstone where he was meeting Shalamar. He had started dating her and now he was going to spend the whole day with her doing what ever she wanted to do. Weather that was shopping, eating or what ever it was that girls liked to do to waste time. He stretched out his arms and moaned slightly followed by a sigh. He leant his head back against the wall and looked out for her. He was determined not to let the recent events of his life get him down today so he was not even oing to think about them at all while he was with her, he wasnt going to spoil her day just because of the dumb things in his life

Shalamar smiled when she saw Mark leaning against the wall, slowly she walked up towards him. He was turned in the opposite direction to where she was walking from and with a light chuckle she stood behind him and placed her hands over his eyes.
"Guess who?" though her soft voice would be unmistakable anywhere. Reaching up on her tip toes she kissed the tip of his ear and slowly released her hands from him. Smiling brightly all thoughts of the boy she had met earlier pushed to the back of her mind... for now.

"Miss me?" she smiled at him.

Mark smiled widely as he felt her hands on is face. He turned to face her and leant down to kiss her. When he pulled away he smiled again. " Yeah, so much. What about you. Have you missed my looks and charm?" He said laughing. He had to push back the thought of Sarah from his mind. They were only friends and all but the fact that she had kissed him on more than one occasion made it hard to think of ehr like that but he had to, he was with Shay and no one else

Shalamar was still not used to the sensation of kissing, she liked it well enough but it was still strange to her. Sliding her hand into his as he smiled down at her, Shalamar nodded her head.
"Of course" a light chuckle escaped her as she turned to then look about her, "so what have you planned for today my delightfully charming and handsome boyfriend?"
Her brown eyes smiled up at him and she chided herself for getting all wrapped up in the company of another only a short time ago. It wasn't fair on Mark, he was fun and brilliant and made her smile when she sometimes didn't feel like smiling.
"How has school been?"

Mark held her hand gently and looked around when she did. It was quite crowded here, mind you it wasnt about to be dead was it after all it was Brightstone weekend. He looked back at her when she started speaking. He smiled when he complimented her. What she said may have been true in a lot of girls eyes but in his own eyes it was a completely different story. He could barely stand the sight of himself recently and since the death of his best friend he had no one to share what he was going through anymore.

He shook off those thoughts, determined to be in a good mood for Shay. " Well my amazingly pretty and sexilly smart girlfriend. I have planned the whole day around you, which means that you get to choose to do anything you want and i will follow suit." He said with a smile on his face to hide the pain he was really feeling

Shalamar blushed crimson when he referred to her in such glowing terms though the sexy part didn't sit well with her at all. She seriously didn't consider herself this or gave any thought to it. There was something not quite right with her boyfriend today and she looked at him quizzically. Maybe it was just her being silly, she didn't know but her instincts were usually pretty good when people she liked seemed troubled.

"Well for now let's walk, you seem to have the weight of the world on your shoulders" she could not help but wrap her arms about his waist to reassure him that whatever was bothering him, she was there to listen. Slowly she released him and took his hand once more in hers as she gazed up at his handsome face.
"I'm a good listener" she told him sincerely.

Mark put his arms around her when she put her around him. Holding her hand once again he have a crooked smile. He was not going to ruin her day with his silly little problems. " It nothing dont worry. Besides today is all about you." He said laughing as he spun her around then picked her up and carried her so that her legs where held up with one arm and her chest the other. " So has anything interesting happened since we last spoke my little Shay?" He looked down at her and smiled widely.

Shalamar squealed a little as he picked her up and swung her about, as she sat cradled in his arms she laid her head against his shoulder as one arm hung loosely about it and the other grazed along his chest hovering over his heart.
"Today is about the two of us" she smiled at him, almost forgetting now the boy she had met earlier that day. When he asked her about the things of interest in her life she sighed about to tell him about Artemis her bestfriend and the great love of her life who had been killed but decided it was too morbid a topic and that he would not want to listen.

"Oh the usual, school work, lessons, studying and what not" she told him, it seemed as if they were both now heavy with things they wanted to talk about but at the same time did not want to mention for fear of ruining the others day, "What about you Mark? surely something more interesting has happened to you?"

Mark shrugged. He didnt want to tell her about the very recent death of his best friend which was all his fault. The fact that they had a fight over his cousin and fell off a cliff and the fact that Mark couldnt life both him and Tyson back onto the ground and Tyson slipped and fell to the bottom. It was his fault that he is dead. He sighed. " Nothing much really. Met a few new friends an stuff like that." He thought it best not to mention Sarah just yet. After all she had kissed him a few times but Mark wasnt a cheater so nothing was happening between them. " Havent you just had exams there or something?"

She could not help as he continued to hold her up in his arms that they were both being evasive and remembered her earlier time with Ramses and how easy it had all been.
"It's always nice to make new friends" could she consider Ramses a new friend now? She hoped so though they had not made any plans to meet again.

Looking up at Mark she gently touched his face.
"You can put me down now" Shalamar was as light as a feather but still she thought that walking through Brightstone in her boyfriends arms was probably not the best way to walk.
"And yes I had exams Mark and yes I passed them all as per usual, how did your own exams go?"for some reason the talk of exams seemed an easy and safe subject for both of them.

Mark placed her down. He sighed slightly then felt something take over him, not to sure what it was completely. He looked at Shay with a smile although something had changed so suddenly with him he had no idea why he was smiling at her. His mind drifted to Sarah as he spoke with a grin. " Yeah they went well i guess." He said keeping his speech short. He then figured what this feeling was. It was just like what he had felt for Cece except not for the girl next to him. As pretty and nice as she was he had nothing much to talk to her about. She was a smart girl who liked to study and wasnt used to being flirted to. Where as Mark was a ladies man who didnt really care about his grades and was most happy when surrounded by the hottest girls in school. He sighed heavily and took her hand and took her aside with him. " Shay can we talk please?" He said sounding slightly up set with himself for what was about to happen

She smiled as he placed her down gently and nodded her head smiling at him as he asked if they could talk. If she had any experience at all in the dating department then she would have known that this of course meant a talk on breaking up or something to that effect but she had no other experience to fall back on. So slipping her hand into his she continued to smile at him.

"Of course Mark, we can talk about anything. This is our day after all remember?" she had to note of course that he had gone terribly quiet in his form to the point of appearing upset even.

Mark inhaled deeply knowing that this may hurt her. He knew what had to be done though and the longer he left it the worse it would get. " Shay its just that we have nothing in common. Your a book worm and im a total flirt. I just dont think it will work out with us." He said slowly and sadly. He didnt want to hurt her but he couldnt think of anything else to say

Shalamar looked at him quizzically, he was breaking up with her that much was evident now but was this his idea of a great day planned for them? She frown slightly not sure what to make of it all but she would keep her dignity in this. With her chin raised slightly she smiled at him as best she could.
"Thank you for the lovely ... few minutes of your time Mark. I'm sure you could have said all of this in a letter instead of wasting both of our time today. It was ... interesting knowing you and no... we cannot be friends. I do not see any point in it, this was obviously something you thought greatly about and though your logic, your reasoning for our breaking up seems sound to you it is a poor excuse from where I stand. Many have dated who had very little in common" she moved a few steps away from him, she would not cry but this seemed about the only course of action her heart wanted to take right now.

"Goodbye Mark" and not knowing why she said it walked away with a few parting words, "I hope she makes you happy." the farther away from him she walked she realized that she was not as hurt as she thought she might have been, it was only damaged ego for now and though that stung like crazy she would get over it. He wasn't any great love but he had been sweet and charming for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back