The meeting of acquaintances

Scorpius Malfoy

The sun was high, but the breeze was cool as Scorpius walked the lakeside slowly. Reeds jutted out of the water, but the surface was calm, and Scorpius wondered if it held merpeople or squids, like the lake back home had. He'd never met a merman, but he had seen the squid. A huge, ugly thing it was, too.

Students were scattered around the lawn, chatting, doing homework or playing games. He felt such the stranger, walking through a school where everyone knew each other but didn't know him. He'd have to change that, he knew. He laughed to himself as he wondered how long it would take him to gain the popularity that he had had in Scotland.

As it picked up, he turned out of the wind, so that he was facing the castle. He smiled when he realized that he wasn't at all homesick.

Nina walked along the Lakefront as she seemed to be doing more often then not, was it because she was homesick? Yes, that has to be it Nina thought gently trying to convince herself of this but she knew deep down it wasn't the truth, she missed Alex. Nina looked down at the book in front of her, it was a muggle crime book, one of her favorites. Nina read a line Gloria nodded, but she didn't seem convinced. I couldn't blame her, I wasn't convinced, either. Nina sighed once and frowned, this it just brought the truth up to her. She then muttered, "Stupid Peter Robinson." Nina scowled inwardly, but was distracted when she heard the laughter of someone uncommonly close, actually they were only a few feet away from each other.

Nina narrowed her eyes slightly, he looked like someone she knew of. God damn, another transfer?! Nina thought frustratedly. What's the point of a fresh start when everyone in your life moves into your new life? Nina thought then she walked towards the boy and when she reached him, she flashed him a light smile and said lamely, "Hi there." At least I didn't say 'howdy,' Nina thought remembering a girl at HS that would greet everyone with that, she had been a big loser, so much so even Nina picked on her. Nina had been one of the 'popular' students, she knew almost everyone at her old school, and now.. well now she was only known of.

Scorpius stopped and looked to his right, away from the lake, where a girl sat looking at him just a few steps away. She had a quizzical expression, as though she were trying to figure something out. He frowned at her, and it was a moment before he recognized her. And when he did, he smiled.

"It's Nina, right?"
In all honesty, he wasn't entirely sure. He hadn't known Nina very well (she hadn't been in any of the circles of girls that he had dated) and hadn't seen much of her back at his old school. But he was sure that he recognized her red hair from the year book. He had never seen the shade suit anyone in quite the same way that it did Patrokov.

[actually it's supposed to be strawberry blond but what ever :p ]

Nina nodded her head once and she asked curiously, "Malfoy?" She knew that James and Albus had had a big problem with him, she hated James so she really couldn't disagree with him on that one, Albus maybe, but she thought he was a nice kid, quite enjoyed his company actually. As Nina waited for a response she hugged In a Dry Season to her chest glancing over the boy, he seemed to have grown up quite nicely, she remembered him vaguely from his first year and her second.

Nina set her warm hazel eyes back onto the boys, she was certain that it was the Malfoy boy, she could not remember his first name for her life though. Nina knew that it had to do with Astronomy, she had never really excelled in the class. Orion? Nina thought then she blinked once disagreeing with herself, he didn't look like one. Nina raised and lowered her shoulders waiting for the boys response still.

[lol, strawberry blond is a shade of red hair, as well as a shade of blond ^_^ And, Albus got on sort-of okay with Scorpius XD]

"I'm flattered that you remember me," said Scorpius, "although we rarely met. Are you enjoying the change of atmosphere?" He waved his hand casually at the lake and the trees. The breeze had died down, and he pushed his hair out of his eyes and ran a hand through it to flatten it. He wondered what time it was, but had left his watch in the common room.

Nina raised her eye brow slightly then she said kindly, "Actually I cannot remember your first name at all." Nina nodded her head once and she said, "Very much so, but I was here last year so I guess I am missing all of the excitement as you have now." Though mine was way different then yours, Nina thought, but decided she wouldn't say it, in case it made her sound like an egotistical jerk.

[oh i just sort of assumed.. Malfoys/Potters = fued, in my books :p ]

Scorpius nodded. He hadn't seen her the previous year, and now that he thought about it he had heard rumors that she had left. She had been fairly popular. He wondered if she had regained her popularity here.

"Scorpius," he offered, extending his hand down to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you properly."

Nina shifted her book and her arms so she could shake Scorpius' hand and she said, "Lovely to meet you Scorpius." Nina flashed the younger boy a slight grin then she asked after a second or two of uncomfortable silence, "Do you miss home at all?"

"Not at all," Scorpius lied. "It's nice here. Less people, fresher air... prettier girls." He winked at her and grinned. He shuffled his feet, wondeirng if he should be heading back to the Great Hall for lunch or whether he ought to sit down.

"I like the change."

Nina couldn't help but blush when Scorpius winked at her, though he was young for her taste he was still good looking, though she had attended HS was he winking at her like guys winked to each other when talking about girls? Was he talking about the natives? Yes they seemed to all be quite good looking, she felt like she was nothing in comparison, but she had always felt this way, she had always been down on herself, despite the hoards of boys at HS that had been wrapped around her little finger just because she enjoyed seeing their faces when she walked by. Nina couldn't lie, she had been quite the little vixen in her previous years, though she always seemed to like Alex, she had always felt like garbage next to him, and he was better then she, now he had finally treated her the way she felt like she was compared to him, and she felt like she didn't deserve it, it was quite the change wasn't it? "I do too," Nina finally said in a melodic tone to her gentle voice.

"I should probably head back to the school," said Scorpius, sounding reluctant. He didn't mind so much really, the conversation was staling. And if he recalled, she was in Hufflepuff anyway. He often liked Hufflepuff girls, who were cute in their friendly innocence, but usually had trouble holding conversation with them. "What house are you in? I'd like to see you again."

Nina felt a small smirk appear on her lips at Scorpius' words and she said with pride in her voice, "I'm a Hufflepuff 5th year, and you are...?" Nina had a feeling that he was in Slytherin and she knew that he wasn't in her year as they didn't have any classes together. "Though, the fact that you'd like to see me again, doesn't mean that I give you consent or would like to see you does it?" Nina teased giving him a playful wink.

Scorpius pouted teasingly. "I'm heart broken," he said, smiling. He then leaned down and plucked Nina's hand off of the cover of her book, bringing it his lips. "Fourth year Slytherin, at your service, ma'am." He was tempted to add something along the lines of 'I always preferred older woman,' but didn't, unsure whether or not it would offend her.

He straightened up and gave her a fleeting smile before turning away and making towards the castle.

"You should be, it's not often I grace the younger students with my presence," Nina joked then she blushed brightly as Scorpius took her hand and kissed it then she fought saying something about him being a charmer, it would be like sticking her foot in her mouth something Nina would have preferred to avoid. "Have a lovely day, young sir," Nina said in slight mockery at his words, then as he turned towards the castle she took a seat by the lake and resumed reading, Gloria never said as much, but I think the incident put her off Billy Joe... Some girls like being fought over.

End of thread?

[yep ^_^ ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back