The Lost Boy

Donald Westwood

OOC First Name
Geraint
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Wood Rose
Donald was lost, he didn't know where he was, and he didn't know how to get to where he wanted to go, or get back to where he wanted to be, yep, it was safe to say that he was totally and utterly lost. The 11 year old wandered down the corridors, looking a bit worried, where was he? What if he was in some out of bounds place and got in trouble? What if he ran into a ghost, a bully or a troll? He decided the best thing to do would be on wonder onwards, after all, it was a busy school, it was not like he was going to be lost forever. He had never read about a student that got lost in Hogwarts, or indeed any magical school, and never seen again. It just didn't happen.

The pale boy wondered down the corridor, occasionally looking at the moving pictures with some fascinating, where those paintings alive? Did they have their own personalities, their own thoughts and ideas? Or where they merely characters? Something someone had made up and the thoughts, emotions and lives that they led where not real, just a figment of someone's imagination. Don thought about this for a while, and shuddered, such an idea was too much for him to handle. That was not the sort of life that he would want to have.

Then another thought occurred to him, what about the portraits of people that are real people, or use to be real people, did they contain the memories, thoughts, emotions and ideas of the people they were based on, or where they just nothing more than a....simulation of that person? Merely a shadow, reflection or shell of their former selves? How did they feel about that? The Ravenclaw did think about asking one of them, but then thought better of it, maybe it would be rude. Besides, his main task now was trying to find out where he was, and how to get back to where he wanted to go.

A small sigh escaped Donnie's mouth, as he started to grow more anxious the further down the corridor he wandered, maybe he should ask another student for directions, but what if they laughed at him, and made fun of him, he had enough of being bullied in his old school. No, he would eventually find out where he was, or find something familiar. He walked a bit faster, looking around to find something, anything that would give him some sort of clue as to where he was, and wasn't paying attention to where he was going. The young boy didn't see the person in front of him as he walked towards them.

Persephone walked down the stairs and when she reached the landing she decided that she no longer wanted to walk down the stairs to the Great Hall, but that she would rather explore this floor. She hadn't been on this level yet and she wanted to at least be able to make her way around the castle without getting lost. Intent on figuring her way around the castle, Sephie began to walk down the corridor. She smiled slightly, knowing that eventually she would get lost, but that was half the fun in figuring out your way around someplace new.

As she walked down the corridor, Persephone began to daydream about home. About Greece. She wished she was back home with her Mamá and Papá, Castor, Pollux, Bresis, and little Hector. Persephone missed her siblings, especially the twins, Castor and Pollux. When they were younger, she and the twins would go outside and get lost in the gardens. They lived on a large plot of land that the could easily get lost in. Once, when Sephie was eight and the twins were six, they couldn't find their way back, they had gone so far. Papá was was so angry when he had found them, they weren't allowed past the stables for nearly a year.

As Persephone rounded the corner, she bumped into a figure just slightly bigger than her. "Oh my gosh," she exclaimed, "I'm so sorry! I really need to watch were I'm going!"

((OOC: Sorry for the late reply, been a bit busy and slightly unwell lately))

Donald stumped back slightly as someone had walked into him, the fact that he didn't stumble too far or that there was not much of an impact, he could gather that it must have been either someone fairly short, or another first year, possibly a second. He still was worried however, what if they were cross at him, what if they started to attack him or make fun of him.

Why didn't I watch where I was going? He thought to himself, berating himself in his own mind. I shouldn’t have been thinking about stupid portraits or about silly things like that, I should've been more careful and not got lost in the first place. I am such an idiot. The 11 year old was very upset with what had just happened.

The young boy looked at who he had walked into, and it was a girl, she looked about the same age as he was and had started apologising.

"No, it was my fault, I am so sorry that I walked into you...." he started sounding a little be shy and anxious, although it was clear he meant the apology sincerely. "...I didn't mean to walk into you, sorry. I was just not paying attention to where I was going. I hope I didn't hurt you and I apologise if I did. I am sorry again, I hope you forgive me for my clumsiness, sorry" Don carried on making apologetic hand gestures and movements. It was clear that he was very sorry about what had happened, despite the fact that it was not anything.

Donnie had, what his sister called 'apology fits', where he kept apologising over again when he thought he was in the wrong or had done something wrong. He knew he did it too, and that it could be annoying, but he couldn't help himself. The 1st year just wanted to be polite, and he felt apologising was one of the ways he could achieve that, it was sort of like a natural reaction.

"I...I didn't hurt you did I?" he repeated again, biting his bottom lip "...I am very sorry if I did....I really am, please accept my apologies." A look of concern was on his face, he clearly was worried that he had either hurt this girl or offended her. Either way he felt terrible.

After a whole, the Ravenclaw offered out his hand "I am Donald, by the way, Donald Westwood..." he said, with a slightly sheepish grin on his face "...and I am sorry again for walking into you. It was all my fault. Please forgive me. Sorry." he quickly added, again looking remorseful.

((OOC: So sorry it took me so long to get to this!!))

Persephone righted herself after the extremely minor collision she just encountered. Lifting up her head, she noticed that she had bumped into a boy not much taller than her. He looked extremely flustered and apologized profusely, much to her surprise. After all, Persephone had not been paying attention at all to her surroundings or where she was even going. "No really, it was my fault, I should have been paying more attention to where I was going," the girl responded, but the boy just kept at it, repeating his apology.

"I'm fine, really," Persephone said, a small smile adorning her face. "What about you? Are you alright?" she asked the boy, genuinely concerned. She gave him a once over, he appeared to be in no physical distress, thankfully. Finally, the boy stuck out his hand and introduced himself. The eleven-year-old grinned and stuck her hand out to shake his, "Lovely to meet you, Donald. I'm Persephone Zografos, and truly, I'm fine." She tried to reassure him. "Apologies accepted," Persephone smiled, " Now, please stop apologizing for something that wasn't entirely your fault."

Persephone glanced around at their surroundings, not exactly sure where she was. "Hey Donald, do you know exactly where we are?" She really hoped that Donald knew where he was going because Sephie sure didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back