The Looking Glass (Closed)

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian stood out in the spring time whether waiting for Zazuka, he had on purpose not replied to her letter after receiving one that had left him in a state of bewilderment and anger. Brian knew he should've talked with Zazuka about it and not be mad until he knew her side but with school and everything else he just hadn't felt the desire. In his pocket was a letter that had been written by someone he had never met yet apparently been known by Zazuka for years and she seemed to have conveniently never told him about. Brian felt more then a bit hurt because he had trusted her and she seemed to have been keeping many secretes from him and had lied to him about her visit to Bleak Street. Brian waited and after a while went to a bench and sat down.

Zazuka walked up the cobble stone streets gently. Before she had felt a great happiness that had come with being back home. She had also been excited about seeing Brian again. She had missed him dearly and hoped that this would be a happy encounter. The closer she got to where he was waiting for her however the less likely that seemed. She could feel anger washing over her but she was really all that afraid like she would have been. When she was fianlly face to face with her beloved all she could do was cross her arms as if she where cold and feel a little selfconsiose about the high cut of the skirt of her dress.

Brian turned and saw her, she looked great as she always did but still Brian couldn't get the thought of the letter out of his head as he stood up and looked into his eyes. Brian placed his hands on her arms and for a moment he wanted to just forget about the letter and be with her. "I missed you alot" Brian said as he leaned in and kissed her but it was not a long kiss nor a very passionate one. "I know I haven't written and it's" Brian said not quite sure how he was supposed to do this he decided just to go out and say it. "It's because after I received this I didn't know what to say" Brian said as he pulled out the letter and held it out for her to read anger beginning to build up in his head again.
Brian,

I don't know if Zazuka ever mention me to you before, so here goes. My names Jonathan Hollawarth, I am and by the name of it, Maddiie Hollawarth brother. My relationship with Zazuka is strong than most can say, for the past few years we've been sending each other owls letter nonstop. Certain events had taken place, when I had to rescuse Zazuka, I don't know how much she has told you but everytime I'm with her its like danger lurks wherever she may be and I'm feeling worried. Worried that one day when I see the one I love, that's right the one I love will end up being dead. She's abusing the use of illegal plants and herbs, I may have slipped her a few eclipse petals but at the time I wasn't sure what she was using them for. The last time in bleak street I was there, I can't go into full detail what happen, but I've been the one to have been there throughout the whole event. To be frank I can no longer be the hero that she wants me to be, when her hearts belong to someone else, I just the same. My love is Zehava, and I heard word that she may be carrying my child at the moment. I don't know how much this information will benefit you, but it has come to my attention Zazuka is getting into x bad habit of lying, and all because she afraid...afraid what you might think...afraid that you may fear her. Anyway, hope all is well. Take Care-

Jon

Zazuka kissed Brian back but it was a gummy bear kiss again. One that left Zazuka wishing for more. She read the letter and put her free hand over her lips. So Jon hadn't given a letter to only her. Not only that Zehava, his long time girlfriend, was carrying his child. She was happy for them, she really was. She looked at Brian and tried to figure out what he could have been angry about. She had told him all of what was in the letter. About Delphi and how it had gripped her the year before, about the time in Bleak Street then she figured it out. It was Jon. She had left out Jon.

"At the time when I told you I had little to no realization about just how much Jon was involved. He was there when I first collapsed from Delphi poisoning but I was so out of it that I only really remember coming out of the castle then ending up in the herb shop. My third eye was malfunctioning so when I saw Jon at Bleak Street I saw him as a shade and even then I thought it was part of my visions. It was only until very recently that I found out everything myself." She said looking down. She was being honest with Brian but she could sense his doubt. After the letter she wouldn't really blame him if he didn't believe her. it seemed to Zazuka that her whole life was about secrets some even kept from herself.

Brian listened to what Zazuka said but felt himself getting more angry, she was talking about someone that Brian had never even known existed as though they were all best friends or something. "So your saying you didn't know you were sending him letters over the past few years" Brian said anger seeping into his voice "And you didn't know that he was giving you drugs" Brian said unable to look at Zazuka because she wasn't reminding him of the girl he loved. "Or when I asked you about what happened in Bleak Street, nothing about him came to your mind" Brian said feeling his voice getting louder, it all seemed a bit too convenient for Brian to believe. "You know I honestly didn't believe anything in that letter until just now" Brian said realizing that perhaps this Jon character was right and the person he thought he knew was just a myth.

Zazuka shook her head. This went deeper then what had just happened. "I know what I was doing when I was sending him letters. Jonathan Hallaworth ended being the only person that I could talk to for a long time. He was a close friend that I met in a rather funny way. I tried to curse him when I first met him because he was a Drumstrang third year at the time. Third years where the ones that had tormented Andy but he said that he had been traveling at the time. Still it took he a little bit to really trust him. I got a good friend out of it." Zazuka said looking up now. The memory had always brought a smile to her face even though there was nothing funny about it. Zazuka wasn't smiling now.

Brian brought up the Lotus petals and crossed her arms around herself. "No." She said closing her eyes hard. "That was the other way around. I never told him what was going on with me. By then I had experimented too much. B I was seeing visions of the End. The Apocalypse brought on by my hand though at the time I didn't know it. I drugged myself I admit that and I told you about that. I ended tricking one of my best friends in order to get an ingredient I needed to make it." She said her cheeks flushed with shame. If anyone had asked her if she had been capable of such a thing she would have laughed in that dismissive way of her's and changed the subject. Now she knew perfectly well what she was capable of to get what she wanted.

"That last part I will say you are right. I was dealing with too much to really think of Jon. the vision I was having for one. One where you where kissing Andy and dieing by her claw then it changed with you lying on the floor dead and me running a knife though Jon while Andy was crying in a corner afraid of me. Again I really didn't know he was there until the very end when I woke up again." Zazuka said backing up from Brian a little bit. "Please don't yell." She said her voice soft and almost meek.

"I think you being in France is good" Brian said feeling a mixture in his voice as he said this, it was odd that he would say that to Zazuka the person that he loved most. "I think we need a break" Brian said though his skin felt hollow as though it wasn't really his yet knew that is was the right thing. Brian didn't know if this would be the end of his relationship with Zazuka but he did know that they needed to be apart for a while and perhaps get to know each other again and see if they really were meant to be together. Brian knew that it would be hard but he also knew that this was important and that it was the right thing for not just him but for both of them. "Maybe you should spend time with Jon" Brian said as he turned away from Zazuka and began walking away.

Zazuka didn't know what to say to that really. She couldn't be angry, not at Brian the owner of her heart. She couldn't be happy either. A hick up came up from her throat without Zazuka wanting it to and she could feel a tear coming down her cheek. "I can't. A number of things did it but I've driven Jon away. He won't see me anymore and I won't go after him." She said to Brian's treatreating figure. What he did with that she couldn't foresee. For once she couldn't see past what was going on at that moment and it felt awful to her. About as bad as it had when the corruption was trying to take over her senses. To cover up the fact that she was starting to cry, Zazuka started to hum one of the songs that she had sent on the wind for Brian to hear. If that kind of stuff worked anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back