The letter

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri ran out of the building still clutching the letter so tight her knuckles were white, tears streamed down her face and all she could do was run. She ran and ran the breeze from the lake stinging her face. The rain sticking her long hair to her face , her robes were drenched but she didn't care she wasn't thinking straight. But how could she? In a matter of minuets her world had come crashing down around her, she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her . Her feet pounded on the ground aching before she came to a puddle over and just sat there. Her knee was badly cut and blood soaked through to her robes but she didn't even notice. Tears poured down her face and she just sat there, still. Thinking. The letter was drenched but she had memorised every word on it. The page was dripping but the ink was still visible and everytime she looked at it she felt a dagger sharp pain hit her in the chest. She opened it up and read through it again.
Harri,
I am afraid I have some terrible news for you. I'm so sorry to spring it on you know while your only just settling down but I felt it only right to tell you I couldn't keep it from you. Now I know how sensitive you are but you can't come home right now ok darling? And it's not that we don't want you here but you can't be here. It's not good for you. Right here goes I don't know quite how to tell you this but...
Harri's face crumpled she knew what was coming now but reading the words just made it harder.
Well It's about Emma. She had an accident. It was serious she had multiple head injuries and the paramedics tryed their best they did darling but there was nothing they could do. She died darling. I'm not sure when the funeral is but I will make sure you are told. Please don't do anything silly or be irrational, you have exams coming up and just concentrate on them.
All our love Mum and dad
At finishing it again Harri cried out. Reading the news bought her physical pain as well as mental. She laid on the ground not moving. Emma. Her best friend Emma. The girl she had none since she was born was gone and she would never see her again. All she wanted now was a hug. A hug that only Emma could give and that she would never again experience.

Ellie ran out of the castle. She was bored and was looking for something to do.
It was raining heavily but she didnt care, she just wanted to get out of the stuffy common room.
Walking down by the lake she realised someone was sitting there. Getting closer she recognised Harri, sitting crying and bleeding.
Ellie ran down and plonked herself beside Harri.
"Harri, whats up?" She asked in a kind voice, putting her arm around her friend.

Harri turned her head to the side and saw someone coming "EMMA?" she shouted out but as the figure got nearer she noticed it wasn't Emma, she gulped and the tears continued to flow and her cheeks were stained from the salty water. "I.." she started but couldn't finished she lent on Ellie and continued to cry.

Ellie hugged Harri.
She didnt know what was up but knew it must be something seriouse and she didnt want to pester Harri on it, she was too upset.

Harri was grateful to have such a good friend as Ellie and knew that she wouldn't pester her. Her leg was no numb from the cut running across her knee, she hadn't noticed it till now but she still didn't care about it. The pain from losing Emma was too great. "I..I...Read this" She said through teary gulps and thrust the letter at her,Emma my best friend...gone." she couldn't speak any more.

Ellie listened as Harri tried to explain what had happened then passed the letter she was holding to her. She knew what had happened as Harri said Emma her best friend was gone And she read the letter over beofre saying, "Oh Harri, im soo sorry... I.." She didnt know what to say, it must be so hard for Harri, so she just hugged her, Glad she was there to comfort her friend. Looking down she noticed Harri's bleeding knee. It must be stinging badly with the salty lake wind. "Harri, we should go get that cleaned, it looks pretty bad" She told her friend in a soft voice. She knew it was proborbaly the last thing her friend was thinking about at that moment and she didnt like to bring it up but it could get infected.

Harri was glad Ellie had found her, as she would have hated to be alone but then the tears poured faster down her face as realised she had just put one of her best friends in a very awkward position, "I'm sorry Ellie, you don't have to stay with me" she gulped through tears though really she couldn't face to being alone. Ellie mentioned something about her knee but she brushed it off lightly "It's fine. Doesn't hurt!" she said still gulping for air through her tears.

"No its fine, im not leaving you." Ellie told her, no way would she leave Harri herself, plus she was glad to be there for her friend when she needed her.
"Alright then, we'll get a plaster later" Ellie said smiling, she knew Harri proborbaly didnt care about anything else at that moment.
Taking out a hanky Ellie Passed it to Harri incase she wanted to wipe her knee and tryed to speak, but she just didnt know what to say. Sorry wasnt enough and she hadnt known Emma so didnt know what to say. She just sat there huging Harri and hoping she knew that she was there if she wanted to talk to her about it.

Harri gratefully accepted the hanky she guessed Ellie wanted her to use it on her knee and so she did, it was blood soaked immedietly but she barely noticed. They sat in silence while the rain poured down on them, Harri was soaked and shivering with cold but she couldn't move she was frozen solid to the spot and felt like she would never again see the sun or feel any warmth, it was a terrible feeling she knew, almost like the feeling a dementor would cast but she had managed it all on her own. She tried to stop the tears but she couldn't, she lay in Ellies arm like a baby her face was red and her cheeks looked anything but rosy. Her once tanned skin was white as a sheet and her blue eyes had lost any evidence that they once sparkled in the light. Her mouth showed no evidence of ever having smiled or ever planning too. Then her whole mind was blank, she let out a gasp she couldn't breathe it felt like walls were closing in on her, her chest heaved but no air filled her lungs she tried to cry out but she was too weak. Everything went black and her panick slowed in to ecstasy, she was no longer in the real world, pretty images flicked on her eyelids. But to anyone else watching she was unconsious and looked to be barely image. But in her head all her troubles had gone and she was now having fun with Emma...

Ellie was sitting comforting the sobbing Harri when suddenly her eyes closed and she fell to the side limp.
"HARRI" Ellie screamed, Her friend had fainted!
Ellie shook Harri but she didnt move.
Panicking, tears streaming down her face, she half lifted half dagged Harri up and headed for the castle.

(( Want to continue this in the Hospital Wing?:D ))

((OK:D You can start it :D))

Harri was still unaware of her surroundings she had blacked out and hadn't yet returned from far away she could hear someon calling her name but she ignored it this was a much happier place to be. Here she was with Emma and they were back to how they used to be. Before she came here. Before the accident. Before Emma died...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back