The Last Thing I Expected

Hannah Lindstrom

OOC First Name
Katie
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Hannah wasn't sure why her sister had dragged her along to some party with people that she didn't know and honestly had no desire to know. It wasn't that the young woman was rude or anything of that sort, it was just that when it came right down to it she would have rather been by herself for the most part. For the better part of seven years Hannah had kept to herself at school and she'd managed to get by just fine so she didn't see what the point was in her sister trying to socialize her now. "Hilde, just go please. I can find some way to manage to keep myself entertained I promise. If I get ready to leave I'll come and find you I promise," she said to her sister, who was trying to get her to mingle a little bit. It didn't seem to matter how old they got, the youngest triplet always seemed to be babied by the eldest two. Once her sister had traipsed off ,to only Merlin knows where, the tall blonde began to wander around, aimlessly searching for even the slightest bit familiarity in any of the faces that had gathered at the party.

After about a half hour or so of trying to look like she'd been attempting to socialize Hannah was bored and really wanted nothing more than to leave, but she knew that Hilde would let her have it for sure if she went to find her right now. "Might as well just grin and bear it for a little while longer," she said to herself with a heavy sigh. Even at eighteen years old she was still intimidated by her sister. The former Slytherin found a secluded place to sit, where the foot traffic was very scarce. Probably because that DJ has the music blasting from this corner she thought with a smirk as she plopped down in a chair, leaning forward with her elbows resting on her knees and her chin resting on her hands. It was hard to believe that anyone could have such a horrible time at a party, but Hannah always did better when she was by herself. Large gatherings had never really been much her style.

Lore was currently in his element as he flipped over one disk and put on another, fixing the bass and volume levels ever so slightly to give it a better effect. For a wizard he lived an almost muggle lifestyle and not because he didn’t like magic like most people who reverted to a muggle lifestyle once they graduated because he loved magic and when he was at the right place he found magic helped him with his job a lot. Lore was living a life of a muggle, to a certain extent, because of his love for music and even more than that; his job. A DJ wasn’t really needed in the Wizarding world as all pubs and clubs owners never found the need of a DJ as, well that’s what magic was for but he knew if he were to build a name for himself maybe somewhere would want him to make a guest appearance, but for now he was happy with the muggle gigs he got and he had been lucky to build himself somewhat of a name and was getting a regular gig at this club and the crowds were starting to build for him and he had gotten a good bit of a following and he loved it. Alas his spot was almost over; he had landed the opening gig tonight so he would hand over the reins to one of the other regular DJs to close the club down for the night. Obviously he preferred the opening gig as he usually got the bigger crowds and was able to bring the people to the club and get them pumped ready for the last hour or so of the night. “Alright folks this’ll be my last few tracks, get up on the floor and get your groove on!” he shouted over his microphone, smiling as he heard the roar of cheers from the crowds below him.

Setting himself up for the next tune, his last one, he scanned the crowds to see them all bouncing and enjoying themselves, he signalled over to the bar to let them know that he was ready for his usual beer that he always had at the end of his shift. Once Lora would finish his session he would get a beer and join the crowds for a while before heading home, generally being tired after his shift. As he continued to scan the crowds his eyes landed on a young blonde. Sure there were more than enough blondes for Lore to stare at but this one was unique, sure she was beautiful but the way she was dressed and her overall stature made him think that one, she didn’t come out to clubs often and two, she didn’t want to be here. Smirking softly he grabbed his mic once more. “Alright doods and doodetts I’m going to pass you over to DJ Jackson now but this last one goes out to all you ladies, especially you ladies that are sitting in the corner, by themselves, with their elbows resting on her knees and her chin resting on her hands.” He said, trying to make it completely obvious that he was talking about her. Winking in her direction he greeted the new DJ and left his booth. Taking his beer from the bartender that arrived to give it to him he thanked her and made his way into the crowd. He started to search out the girl he had seen from his booth and she wasn’t that hard to find. “Was my music that bad?” he asked jokingly as he reached where she was sitting, taking a swig of his beer.

Hannah tapped her fingers along her jawline, trying not to seem nearly as bored as she actually felt. She puffed out her cheeks and blew out sharply before sighing. The eighteen year old was just not within her element and apparently at least one person noticed. Over the loud speakers she heard the DJ's comment and looked up at him. When he winked at her the apples of her cheeks blushed bright pink. It wasn't that she had meant to appear so disinterested it was that she just simply was. Hannah contemplated just getting up and leaving without even telling her sister where she'd gone, but that in itself would spawn a totally off the wall argument and that wasn't really something she was up for tonight.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw him come up to her. Upon hearing his words she cringed slightly. "Umm, no. The music is fine. A little loud, but I suppose that's kind of the point of coming to a place like this, right?" She felt very foolish now and a little embarrassed. Never again am I going to let Hilde drag me out to something like this...it's obvious I don't belong here she thought shaking her head slightly as she looked up at the guy. "You're a really good DJ," she started as she stood up and extended her hand saying, "I'm Hannah. Obviously not a frequent party-goer."

After his comment over the microphone he knew that the girl heard his comment and that it was about her because the blush, even from all the way up in the DJ was unmistakable. She hadn’t gotten up or even made any attempt to look like she was enjoying the night so he knew then and there that he’d have to pop now and visit her, which is exactly what he did and moments later he was at her table. He laughed as she started to talk, this definitely wasn’t her type of scene for sure. “It sure is.” he told her when she at least acknowledged that loud music is the type of music that you expect to hear at a place like this. He watched as the girl got up, hoping she wasn’t going to leave, it would be interesting to get to talk to her, see what brought her here. She definitely wasn’t the usual type of girl he saw in this club and that intrigued him and he wanted to get to know her because it wasn’t usual for him to talk to someone unusual, as he had the entire typical club girl population there that night all over him from the minute he left the DJ box. Heck even now he could see them all eyeing him up but he wasn’t in the mood tonight.

As she extended her hand he listened to her name and description. “Nice to meet you Hannah. I’m Lore. Frequent supplier for the party aka DJ Oz.” he said laughing slightly. “Hope you’re not leaving, the night is so early.” he said with a slight plea in his voice but not that desperate, just enough to hopefully make her change her mind if she as thinking of leaving. “So what you drinking? I’ll get the next round in.” he said as he downed his beer which wasn’t really near empty in the first place, he was just hoping to get her to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back