The Lady of Shallot

Shiloh Denton

OOC First Name
Teigan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
This takes place during the Christmas Holidays of 2036. They are in Shiloh's Inn in London. Carry over from this

Shiloh gently closed the door to Grace's bedroom and shook her head. She should have known that Grace was going to have some trouble with this. At any rate, Shiloh was just glad that Grace was now out of the way. Mumbling in Italian and dying with a flower on her chest, it was all very classical poetry. Shiloh remember Carah mentioning something of the sort to her during one of her college classes. The Lady of Shallot, or something to that effect. Shrugging, Shiloh left the door and headed back along the hall to her own bedroom, the place she had left Ai. Shiloh wasn't exactly happy about all of this. Even with the small age difference between them, Shiloh considered Ai to be her daughter, or at the very least, younger sister, but she really did act very motherly towards the girl. She almost felt like she was becoming a grandmother and she was far too young for that, surely. She hadn't even had the chance to really talk to Ai properly yet. At the mention of a baby, Grace had totally flipped out and just collapsed to the floor clutching her chest and murmuring something about Ai being "ruined" and "now no-one will have her". To be honest, Shiloh thought it was all very old fashioned, but even she had to admit that she would have preferred for Ai to at least be in a stable relationship, or at least have been in one for a while and not be getting ready to head back to school in a matter of days. This was some news to be getting right before the end of the holidays. Well, at least she had actually decided to tell them and not leave it until it was obvious. She had that going for her at least.

Shiloh returned to her bedroom and found Ai sitting on the bed. Previously she had been standing, but obviously this whole ordeal had left her a little shaken, not surprising, after half of the things that Grace had said, Shiloh would have been a little shell-shocked too. She still was and she wasn't even the one who was pregnant. Shiloh shut the door behind her and leaned against it. It was heading towards the later part of the night and Shiloh wasn't happy that Ai had waited this long, but there were more important things to discuss then that. "Would you care to repeat all of that? I should be able to understand you this time without having to worry about all of the wailing going on in the background." Grace had definitely established her side of all this. Now Shiloh was ready to be the comforting shoulder she was sure Ai was going to need, if her appearance was anything to go by. "Let's start with who the father is, shall we?" She was pretty sure she knew, but it would be better to hear it said aloud, rather then just guessing.

Ai stared at her bedroom in utter shock. She had totally not expected Grace to faint and almost die because of her earlier announcement. Well, it probably not that much of an announcement considering that it lacked jolliness but hey, it was still something that should be known by both Shiloh and Grace considering that they had practically raised her for the better four years of her life. And so, seeing the older woman react like that was quite surprising and was leaving her in shock. Sure, she expected a reaction of surprise but the words that Grace had shot straight into her. Was she really ruined as Grace had so graciously put it? And will no man really ever accept her now? Ai did not know much about that field as Miah had been her first and it was not like there had been a time that she had really talked to anyone about this matters. She simply didn't have any friends to confide in about this at the time and now here she was: pregnant and single. Obviously not good. But better than chasing after Miah who didn't want her anymore.

Ai didn't know when she had seated herself on the bed and she barely noticed when Shiloh had entered the room and the first words that Ai spoke after Grace's fainting bonanza was "I'm sorry." The Hufflepuff really had no other words for this whole situation after all especially when Shiloh had asked her to repeat everything seemingly unbelieving of the situation she had found herself in. After all, Ai could barely believe it either. She had only known for two weeks and she was almost two months along and yet she still couldn't believe everything that went on. "I'm really, really, really sorry," she apologized as tears threatened to build but she refused them as she deemed herself as someone who had enough with crying, especially when Ryuuji-niisan rushed to London. "I know that you've been caring for me since I've gotten here and I'm really thankful for that. I'm really sorry that I haven't even thought this through!" the Hufflepuff said as she bowed her head in apology before looking up to Shiloh and gulped at the next question. "The father... Right," she mumbled as she had already expected this to rise but hearing this was still a shock every now and then. With a deep breath, Ai told Shiloh the truth. "It's... Miah."

Shiloh sighed and covered her face with her hands to help her get her mind back to where it needed to be. She still wasn't ready for this, she didn't think she was ever be ready to become a Grandparent. That train of thought sent her into a fit of giggles. Well, not really, she only laughed slightly before returning her attention to her distraught little ward. Shiloh wasn't nearly old enough to be a Grandmother let alone a mother, yet that was exactly how she felt towards Ai Edogawa. Jeremiah had been so pleading when he'd begged them to take her in and work for them. That was a while ago now, they'd just been starting out and now they had more staff then they needed. Ai had been instrumental in that regard, she was such a hard worker and a genuinely nice girl. Shiloh felt bad for her, she expected that Ai was feeling just as tormented by all of this as she was, and she was not the soon-to-be mother. For whatever reason, Shiloh and Grace were both extremely protective over Ai, she was honestly like their child. She'd been hurting and depressed when she'd come to them and they'd helped her bloomed into a beautiful and kind young lady. Unfortunately it appeared that they'd forgotten to teach her about sex. More fool them.

Shiloh looked up again when Ai started talking. She was sorry, of course she was. Shiloh had a feeling that she didn't mean for this to happen. Odds are it was her first time, not unusual or uncommon. She'd seen many a first time lead to pregnancy in her time as an innkeeper. Shiloh smiled encouragingly at Ai, waiting patiently for her to reveal the truth that she was already sure she knew. Still, she would wait, because it was not on her to judge before presentation of proof. So Miah was indeed the father. She had thought as much. Nodding to herself, Shiloh sighed and finally allowed herself to walk over and comfort the obviously sad form. She sat next to her on the bed and wrapped her arms around the younger girl. "Sh, Ai. It's okay. I'm not here to judge you... much. Though your taste in men certainly leaves something to be desired." Shiloh shook her head at the thought. "Though I am disappointed, I suppose I can not blame you for seeking the comfort of another after all your troubles." Shiloh ran her fingers through Ai's hair. "Tell me. What are you going to do about this? I take it that he doesn't know?"

I forgot to put an outfit the first time xD

Honestly, Ai was ready to leave. After Ryuuji had left England and went back to Japan, she had started packing nearly everything she had into her bag. There was still a few weeks before school started again and that would be enough time to get settled in Japan. She would not be going back to her aunt and uncle though. No, she would save them the trouble. In fact, she was planning to head to her parents' house. Surely it was still vacant and untouched saved for the once-every-three-months cleaning up her Uncle Hiroshi and Aunt Fusae would do. Yeah, Ai could live there for the time being and afterwards look for a job that she could do when she graduates. Never mind being a magizoologist. That dream was too distant now. Dreaming is for kids and she had to grow up and face reality. She was going to be a mother. But that didn't mean she was very happy about it. As a matter of fact, she was rather distraught.

Ai was quite surprised when Shiloh had encased her in a hug and she had merely let herself be enveloped in it. Shiloh and Grace had been a mother or older sister of sorts towards her and she had let them down. She was careless and she was stupid. Those were the two words that probably describes her the most. But right now, it was probably the comfort that she needed the most. Yes, she knew the consequences. Yes, she knew what can possibly happen right now. And at the moment, there was probably no one more terrified than she is. She had no words to say in reply to Shiloh's. She most certainly agreed with the woman about her taste in men, though perhaps that was not applicable to Heath. She did not know. With a sigh, Ai merely shook her head. The older was right, Ai sought out comfort, though it led her to now needing more comfort, how much of an idiot could she possibly be? And in reality, Ai did not know what to do right now. "He doesn't. We broke up." were the Hufflepuff words as she contemplated on what to do. She was not ready to be a mother, but termination was absolutely out of the question. "I'm going to finish school. Use the last of my inheritance and hold it out till I can find a job. Just a simple job nearby since being a magizoologist is out of the question," the younger replied. Yeah. That was a suitable plan. And right now, it was the only plan she had for her and her baby. Hopefully, she is going to manage either way.
Well, here's Ai's outfit... xD

Shiloh let go of Ai and listened to her speak. Jeremiah and Ai broke up, she had gathered as much. Shiloh had never really liked Grace's brother if she was perfectly honest, but, she had tolerated him for both Grace and for Ai. She had known that the pair were friends. Particularly after Jeremiah had begged them to take Ai in. At the time Shiloh had been hesitant. They were just starting out and it wasn't like they knew where they were going at the time. It had turned out to be a great decision and the thought that she might be leaving them, well, it broke Shiloh's heart. She had no idea that Ai was planning on moving out after graduation and frankly, the news shocked her. Shiloh blinked a little and sat back. "Wait. You want to leave? You can't leave Ai. You don't have to leave if that's the problem? Did you think that Grace and I would throw you out? No, never!" She didn't really know how to convince Ai that what she was saying was true. Sure, she'd been a little disappointed in all of this, but that didn't mean that she had to leave. They loved her and they loved having her around.

Shiloh stood up and moved away from the bed, pacing across the room. "Look, is it because of what Grace said? Because you can't listen to her. She's old fashioned, she didn't mean those things she said." Shiloh informed her, trying to fix whatever Grace had broken. "Grace may not agree with what happened but she doesn't hate you, neither of us do. I'm sure that Jeremiah doesn't hate you either. Maybe he doesn't love you in the way you might have wanted and I agree that he was in the wrong for sleeping with you..." Though it wasn't like he'd been the only one involved. Ai had allowed it to happen, it wasn't like she had been forced into it. "But you didn't see his face the day he begged us to take you in. Ai he cried, he begged us, he told us that you were in trouble and that you needed a place to stay. He was desperate and was ready to just put you up himself. Granted I don't know what he would have done and you likely would have been homeless, but at least he tried." Shiloh had not stopped pacing, but now turned to look at Ai and knelt in front of her, placing her hands over Ai's. "Look, Ai, we love you. We want you to be happy... but please don't leave us. You mean the world to us. Grace and I weren't doing anything when you first came to live with us, but look at what you did. This inn is as much yours as it is ours. You put just as much work into this place as we did." Shiloh pleaded, unsure why she was even so worked up. "You don't need to punish us for this. I know you feel like we let you down... but... please don't leave."

Ai watched as the gears turned in Shiloh's head. Her plans were not impulsive, in fact, the Hufflepuff had been planning it for a good while. Her academics were doing good, and she hoped that with her NEWTs and her grades, she would be able to take on being a magizoologist. But that required for her to be away for she very much prefer to be on the field. But now, that would not be happening. She would have to think of her child's well-being first. And she would not subject him or her to a life of being on the constant move or having no parent around all the time. She would be giving up her dream, but this time she would still be moving out and it was a selfish decision but one she knew would have to take place nonetheless. "I know. And I love the two of you so much. It's just that," she paused for a while thinking of what she should say next. She knew how close their relationship was and only a fool would not be able to see it. Ai absolutely loved them both and it pained her as well to be making this decision. "I can't depend on you guys forever. And with the baby coming, I need to learn to be independent," she said, her voice a little shaky and yet she tried to be firm. But even she had her doubts. "And, oh Merlin, I don't know if I can do this," she murmured to herself as her hand came upon to rub her face before looking over at the woman once more.

"No! That's not it! I love you and Gracie," Ai nearly screamed at the woman's speculations. It was certainly not that. She knew all too well that that would certainly be a reaction from one of them, and she had to admit that she was quite shaken, but her decision had not been a rash one out of frayed emotions that was for sure. Ai stood and had to grab Shiloh by the shoulders to stop her pacing. "I know she probably didn't want to say those things but she was also right. I am admittedly stupid. But I can never hate her for telling me something I already knew," she said as she looked at the older female seriously. The words flying out of Shiloh's mouth was admittedly getting a bit ridiculous. She knew for a fact that neither of the siblings hated her. She and Miah now had a rift, but it would certainly not reach the point of hatred. "I don't hate Jeremiah either. Merlin knows I can't and it's not just his fault. It just hurts what happened between us especially since I know it was my fault." The Hufflepuff had to take a sharp intake of breath to calm herself at the memory. She knew what Miah had done for her, and though what happened between them was painful, she would never ever forget everything that he did for her. "I know. And I thank the gods everyday for what he did," she said with a gentle smile and although there was slight anger and pain within her, she could never bring herself to hate him for anything. Perhaps the bitterness could linger for a while, but not forever. Ai smiled at the woman as tears were already welling up in her eyes and she couldn't help but hug this woman that had been both a sister and a mother to her all this years. "Shiloh. I love you and Gracie so much. You guys were my family when I had no one and you still are until the end of time. And I am absolutely happy that I mean so much to you and helped your life be so terrific, granted that both of you could still do so much, but I feel like I need to do this," the Hufflepuff said before pulling away and smiling gently and comfortingly at the older woman though the tears were unstoppable when they started to fall. "I am not punishing you and you didn't let me down. You have never let me down. It is me who let you both down and I'm sorry I'm making you feel this way but it's not like I'll be out of your lives. Don't think for a minute that you're getting rid of me that easily," Ai said with a small laugh. And she was true to her word. She would be leaving the nest, but definitely not for good. She didn't doubt for a second that she would always find her way back to Shiloh and Gracie. Because when she had nothing, they were her home and everything. They were the family she always wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back