The Infinite Wisdom

James Woodlock

OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
James sat alone in the school library with a thick potions book laid out open in front of him. Even though he had not been at Hogwarts long he still felt incredibly overwhelmed with the work load. So to relax he decided to park himself in front of a large textbook in the school library. It was things like this that James a very unusual person. However he had been in the library alone for so long he was beginning to get bored, he fliked throuh the pages of the book slowly hoping to find something that would stand out and grab his interest.

Oh what’s this? Dougie stopped at a door on the fourth floor which he had never seen before. He pushed the door open and was hit by an overwhelming smell of parchment. He looked at the vast array of books on shelves. He had found the library. This was awesome, there were so many books that he could quite easily make himself a fort with them, out of view of the librarian obviously. “Hey,” he said to a boy of a similar age to himself, with a book open in front of him. They were new to Hogwarts, that amount of work was not necessary yet. The boy needed to make a friend. “Do you want to make a fort?”

James looked up at the boy in front of him, "A fort," He said trying to keep a straight face. He had the urge to tell the boy to grow up but not even he was this mean. "Buildings forts in the library doesn't really scream me if you know what I mean," He said closing his book and returning the book to the shelf. "Sorry, I haven't built one since I was five," He added. This was true, the last time he built a fort was with his Dad, he had never resorted to immature child like activities since his death.

“It doesn’t?” Dougie asked, “Well we’re in a room full of useless books, a fort would be awesome!” He couldn’t believe it, he hadn’t built a fort since he was five, woah this boy had grown up fast! “Well you should totally get back into it, it’s fun!” He said looking at the book he was reading. “The year has only just started, no one has any homework yet!”

James' eyes widend in shock as the boy labeled the books in the library useless, "Firstly," he said holding his had up to interupt the boy, "these books are not useless, and second allow me to rephrase. I haven't built a fort since my Dad died and I don't intend to resume my child like behaviour in fact not that we're in Hogwarts we should all grow up," He said rolling his eyes at the immature attitude the boy took to the school and to the library.

Oh they had something in common, both their fathers were deceased. “Sorry about that, I know how it feels. My dad's dead too” Doug didn’t want to dwell on dead fathers so continued talking about books, “Anyway, yeah so some of these books are useless like..” he picked a book at random and read the cover, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Yeah not much use.” He tossed it away again. “Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is, I want to make a fort and I don’t want to make it by myself. Common’ I know something inside you is tempted.” Hold on, Dougie didn’t even know this boy’s name, that would have been a good place to start. “My names Dougie by the way.”

“Hey, you know once we’ve made it you could do your work INSIDE it, doesn’t that sound cool ehh!”

James rolled his eyes and clentched his fists, he was determined not to snap at him, he really hated being eleven because people expected him to be a lot less mature than he actually was. "Look, I'm sorry about your father I really am, no one should have to go through that, but it made me grow up a lot and very quickly at that and now I'm at Hogwarts I plan to continue maturing and devoloping my magic and I have no intention of getting back my lost childhood by building a fort in the school Library, OK? Now please take no for an answer," He said. James turned away from the kid but he felt bad for going off at him so turned back. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to build a fort, "I'm James," He said holding out his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back