Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
not interested
Wand
Oak Wand 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Aonghas was looking for his brother, he knew that Rory didn’t particularly want to spend the time with him but Aonghas was eager to just try and persuade him to not follow the path that he was following. Aonghas had become certain that he could persuade his brother out of it. He just needed to talk to him, he just needed an opportunity to show him why he was making a mistake. However getting or even finding his brother was proving to be a rather difficult task. He was lurking about outside the slytherin common room hoping to catch him between classes but Aonghas was having little luck and he was getting bored enough to leave. He was decided whether or not it was worth it, maybe he’d have more luck at the great hall? He was tossing up whether or not to leave when the slytherin common room door opened. Aonghas perked up to see who it was but was disappointed when it wasn’t who he wanted, ”Ugh,” the boy complained loudly with a sigh, that wasn’t who he wanted to speak to, he should just go somewhere else and look for his brother in another section of the school.

Mordred Cavanaugh was busy studying in the common room when he felt the need to stand up and get some air. He was probably going to go to the Student Lounge or the Great Hall next. He put all of his books and notes in his satchel and walked out of the common room only to be greeted by boy who seemed displeased to see him. Mordred stopped in front of the boy and gave him a confused look. "Are you looking for someone? Or am I that ugly to look at?" he asked in a bit of an annoyed tone. The boy did look familiar, so he was probably a first year like himself.

Aonghas rolled his eyes a little at the boy who’d come out’s tone. He of course didn’t mean it like that, ”Naw, yer no ugly, ah wis jist lookin’ fae someoan else,” the boy replied with a slight shake of his hand, as if to dismiss his queries along with it, ”My brother’s a slytherin, Rory Fergusson, ah dinnae ‘hink he’s there,” he looked back towards the slytherin common room door and just shook his head, instead deciding that now was as good a time as any to give up on what he had been doing and instead just focus on this boy in front of him. He figured the boy was about his age, probably a first year, a second year at a push. He held out his hand to him, ”Am Aonghas,” the boy introduced decided that being polite might be a good idea. He needed to remember to be polite even to someone he was randomly meeting when looking for his brother.

Mordred nodded his head as the boy cleared up the situation. He shook his head at the mention of the name. "Sorry, I only know who the Prefects are." he told the boy. Mordred was about to leave when the boy introduced himself. "I'm Mordred." he told him. Mordred was not very interested in talking right now. He really just wanted to find a new place to study. Classes were going to be starting soon, so he needed to get ahead of the game before he got behind. "I was gonna go study. Did you want to join me?" he asked awkwardly.

Aonghas looked at the boy as he replied, it made sense, he appeared to be around Aonghas’ age so why would he know about any of the older students. The hufflepuff then considered the option, he could go study, but he was still looking for his brother. He could spend a bit of time studying and look for his brother later, ”Aye, a’right,” Aonghas agreed with a shrug, he had nothing better to do. Maybe it would be good to get some friends in the other houses. He’d met a few others from the other houses but he hadn’t made friends with any yet, and Aonghas was keen to make a few friends in his brother’s house so this would work well for him. ”Where were ye heading tae study?” Aonghas asked with a curious expression.

Mordred smiled when the Aonghas agreed to study with him. He did not seem to have any books, but Mordred was willing to share, always. He never had to share with his sisters because they were treated so differently, but he never would have complained if he had to share with them. Mordred shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe the Quidditch Pitch? I feel like it's a calming area." he told the boy.

Aonghas looked at the other boy as he suggested the quidditch pitch, that was a pretty calm place to go and actually was a place that he might actually find his brother too. That was definitely a place that Rory would go. So he might be able to kill two birds with one book. "Aye alright," he replied, "Dae ye play quidditch?" Aonghas then added, he had to figure from the boy's sentence about . the pitch feeling like a calming area that he knew what quidditch was and quite likely also occasionally did fly or play. Aonghas was hoping to get on the team in the following year. For now he was working towards improving his flying and being a better player overall. He would have to work at it, since unlike out of school he couldn't just use his name to get himself into specific places and nor could his dad. He wondered if the other boy did play and maybe instead . of studying which while useful could be a bit boring that they might just play for a bit. He'd be able to borrow some school brooms, it might be better, a little bit more fun. Though he wouldn't offer it unless this other boy did.

Mordred got excited at the mention of Quidditch. Quidditch was essentially in his blood, so of course he played. Well, he had to make the team first in order to play a school. "I'm a first year, so I am not on the team yet. I have to try out, but I know I will make the team." he said confidently. He was a Cavanaugh. His uncle was a former Quidditch player and coach. His father owned a famous broom company, so of course he was going to make the team. It was all that simple in Mordred's mind. "Are you going to try out for your team?" he asked curiously.

Aonghas was surprised by this boy’s confidence but he didn’t hate it. He could get behind it, ”Whit position dae ye play?” the boy asked with an interested expression. He wondered what position the boy would play and if that would possibly mean, ”Aye next year though, chaser though too, my brothers and a lot ae ma other family play chaser,” the boy told the other one with a nod and shrug, ”Plus, ah like chaser mare than the other positions, it’s just better,” Aonghas shrugged a little, hopefully he would actually make the team, he would of course want to continue that tradition of chaser and playing the sport and he knew if he was good enough and maybe if Rory came back, he’d probably get to play at least a little professionally, though not as much as his eldest half brother of whom they talked about rarely.

Mordred was a very confident person, especially when it came to his flying abilities. It was in his blood, and his father expected nothing less than perfection from his only son. "I usually play keeper when I play with other people my age, but I think I would be an okay chaser or seeker." he answered. He wasn't really into hurting people, so the beater position was not his style. Mordred did not like to admit it, but he was a sensitive person, which was why he was not able to approach his sister even though they were in the same house. Mordred nodded at Aonghas' words even though he did not really agree with them, though he was a little biased. "Do you find the dungeons to be a bit...weird? I hate living down here. It's so dirty." he changed the subject subtly, since he thought the Quidditch talk was dead. He would have much rathered live anywhere that was not the dungeons.

Aonghas didn't mind playing occasionally in a keeper position and it was the other position he'd probably play without too much pushing, but he was very much of the mindset that he wanted to be part of the action, part of the play, which he didn't think that people in that position did end up doing. Chasers were involved without the entire pressure of the game upon their shoulders, you could prove yourself in such a position without being the worst thing if you weren't too good at the game. He looked at Mordred as he also said he'd be an okay seeker, Aonghas could maybe agree with that. "Aye ah can see ye playin' that," the boy replied with a nod, but he let the subject go, though it lingered in his mind, "It doesnae seem like the nicest, but ah dunno if ah'd call it dirty, maybe that's just cause ah dinnae live here. Did ye want tae end up in slytherin?" he asked the other boy since he felt that sort of comment about slytherin did likely mean that Mordred was perhaps unhappy with his sorting. He knew that some people, like his brother were when it happened, but in most cases it appeared to be that people adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back