The Ice is melting

Zoe-Hope Weasley

OOC First Name
Zoey
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4
Zoe lay down on the dew covered grass right next to the lake holding her beautiful bombay cat, Hera. She let the cat meow and purr on her stomach, as her head lay on the grass, and the contrast of her bright red hair on the greeness of the grass was bold. Anyone who's supersticious would believe that Zoe is cursed for buying a black cat, but she loves her cat very much. Hera, was the name of Zeus' wife in Greek Mythology. She was a very powerful woman, and Zoe sometimes liked to believe that she was real.

Hera jumped off of Zoes stomach, and began to nibble at the grass, her purring becoming deeper, and a bit louder. "Are you hungry, Hera?" Zoe asked in a bit of a childish voice, as she reached in her pocket and took out one of the treats she had, feeding it to her favourite cat. Hera ate the treat and then went and kissed Zoe's nose.

Kasey walked down the entrance hall and out to the lawns. It was a beautiful spring morning and to Kasey's luck she had woken up early on a Sunday so she allowed herself to be taken away by nature's beauty for a while. She could always study later on the day. Arriving on the lake front she gazed at the lake's silver layered of water. It was all very quite around here until she discovered she had company.

She turned her head to see who it was. She remembered the girl from some Prefect meetings and knew she was a Slytherin yet she couldn't recall her name. What caught Kasey's attention was the cute little black cat. Kasey had always been fond of animals and that was a reason for her working in a pet shop which others found dirty and smelly. "Hey there" she said flashing a smile to the girl who seemed a year elder then Kasey. "You have got a cute cat" she said as she stroked the cat sitting on the wet morning grass. "I hope you don't mind" she said looking at the Slytherin. She knew some Slytherins were a bit annoying and cunning but she also knew that many had good hearts.

"I love animals" she told the girl with a smile. "Oh, by the way, I am Kasey Carla" she introduced herself to the girl. She had been so foolish to forget introducing herself first.

Zoe wrinkled her nose as Hera gave her another kiss. She tilted her head backwards a bit, when she heard someone else say "Hey there." She noticed it was a Ravenclaw girl, younger than her but she couldn't remember her name. Zoe was never good with names, it was her weakness. "Hey there, her name is Hera." Zoe smiled, as the Ravenclaw pat Hera.

"I'm Zoe-Hope Weasley, though most people call me Zoe." She said kindly. She then got up to a sitting position, and shook out her hair, damp from the dew. "So, you're a fourth year, right? I couldn't quite remember." She said, blushing a little bit.

"Wow, such a nice name" she said with a smile as she stroked the cat on it's neck. "No, I am fifth year" she said with a smile as Zoe asked her if she was a fourth year. I missed a whole term so I could have repeated but the headmistress took me in and I continued so luckily I am a fifth year" she explained Zoe.

"That's okay" she said with a smile as Zoe said she couldn't remember Kasey's year. Kasey remembered Zoe was a year elder then her from the prefect meeting. "Did you get this pet from Magical Menagerie(sp?)"she asked Zoe thinking if she might have actually sold Hera to her.

(Whoops, I thought I was a fifth year. ^_^ )

Zoe blushed from embarassment, how could she forget what year a fellow prefect was in? She was feeling a little akward, and was relieved when Kasey went on with how she missed a term of school. "Oh, how come you missed a term at school? If you don't mind me asking." She asked Kasey, then quickly responded to the question she was asked, with a nod.

Hera scurried off, a few feet away from the two girls, and began to dig into the ground, hissing and growling like Zoe's never heard before. She pulled out a worm, and began to play with it as though it was yarn, with some gentle purs and meows. Zoe was a little confused by this behaviour, but shook it off and turned back to Kasey ready to listen.

"I...well my dad passed away and so we shifted from England to New Zealand. My mom was alone and had broken down so we had to stay with her. Me and my elder brother Ben" she told Zoe as those memories came into her mind. They didn't bother her much now like they had previously.

"Oh, because I work there" she said with a smile." I could have sold it to you...but I don't remember ofcourse. We have so many customers" she said with another smile."So, how were the O.W.L.s? You know, I am really worried about them" she told her as her eyes moved to Hera. "I think it's hungry" she said thoughtfully looking at the cat's behavior.

Kasey searched in her handbag till she found a zip-lock bag where she kept owl treats. She had two owls, but Violet was sent to Dan so she remained with only Miley. Kasey also had two pygmy puffs. She liked carrying pet food in case there was need of it. She softly carried the cat and put her away from the worm and gave her cat food. "There you are..eat it all..be nice and healthy" she said smiling as she watched the cat eat the food.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Zoe said, looking down, feeling guilty she asked. She started playing around with the grass, pulling it out feeling slightly awkward. At the change of subject, to the O.W.L.'s, she said, "They're not too bad. Just make sure to study a little bit every day, and review your stuff weekly." She said as Kasey fed Hera. "Thanks. So, do you know what you want to do when you're done with Hogwarts?" She asked curiously, still having a few things pop into her head.

"That's okay...Dad fought bravely" she said with a smile. It had bothered her at first when her father's death was a new thing to her but now it had passed and she had learned to take it lightly. "I do study weekly but still... it seems a bit scary the way the Professors keep mentioning" she said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, I have thought about it at times. I suppose I might even consider teaching as a Professor Potions or Defence or maybe opening a Potion store...something along those fields" she told Zoe. "What about you?"she asked.

"They're just trying to freak you out." Zoe said with a small laugh. She didn't really remember much of her O.W.L.'s, they kind of flew by for her. "So It's safe to assume potions and defence against the dark arts are your favourite subjects?" She grinned, then thought over the question she had thought about every day. Time was flying by and she still had no idea as to what she wanted to be. She could always marry a rich man and leave it at that, or she could figure out soon what she would be. "I'm still not quite sure, though I'm interested in Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures." She said, with her head spinning with ideas.

"Yeah" she said joing Zoe Hope in the laugh. She was freaking out unnecessarily. The would be okay. "Yes, I love those subjects" she said with a smile. "So do you have any siblings or it's only you?"she asked Zoe wanting to get to know her new friend nicely. "I have an elder brother who is going to graduate next year from Dumstrangs" she told Zoe.

"I don't have any siblings, I think it's better that I'm an only child. But I've always wondered what it would be like to be a big sister." Zoe said, realizing that would never happened. It seemed to her that her father wouldn't have anymore kids, and she didn't let her sadness show on her face. She learned not to let people read her easily because they asked too many questions. "So, what's your brothers name?" She asked curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back