Sexual Orientation
Anyone Alive
Wand
Curly 9 1/2" Flexible Yew Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
</COLOR>
The Hogwarts Monthly: Year 23 - Semester 1

Three Claps For The New Year

tumblr_ni2360LRar1slcvaio9_500.gif
A huge Hogwarts welcome to all our returning students! I am so excited to be back at Hogwarts and I hope all of you are too! It was great to spend all that time with our familes but now the work starts again and we have new material to study for. The sorting ceremony went off without a hitch, but who was doubting it really? The hat still has it, and I don't think it will ever lose it! Of course congratulations to Gryffindor for winning the house cup this year and Slytherin for taking home the coveted Quidditch cup! Now that's enough for looking to the past, this is a time for the future! Hit those books guys because the end of the semester is fast approaching! Make sure you have all your study tips in the best order, we are going to need them. Let's see who can manage to take home the cups this year! Personally, my money is on Gryffindor, go, go, Gryffindor!

There are many opportunities to achieve great things in a school like this, not the least of which is gaining the highly honoured badge of a prefect! There are a number of new prefects this year, as there should be, there are plenty of young people out there with a thirst to prove themselves worthy of such an privilege. From Gryffindor we have the wonderful, James Adams and Belladonna Metzger. I hope they are as ferocious as their head of house! Joining us from the house of the wise is; Blaine Matthias and Serenity Dion. Congratulations guys! Next is of course the delightful yellow house of Hufflepuff. Representing their Professor in all things points are; Charmaine Zsigmond and Clara Antolini, you get 'em girls! Last but not least are the cunning students of the noble house of Slytherin. Under Professor Styx's close eye, Iason Samartzi and Vladimir Zhefarovich stood out the most. Make the snakes proud boys! Of course there is also a new Headgirl. No you didn't misread. There is only a Headgirl this year, no boys could contend with this girl. Congratulations Aaren Nightray! We are all so happy for you!

With the new year, there were also new additions to the teaching staff. For various reasons, we unfortunately had to lose a couple of out beloved professors, but do not despair fair readers, we also have replacements! Firstly, welcome Professor Jahan Ghorbani, our new Astronomy Professor for the junior years. Along with him is Professor Sibhan Faulkner, a woman after my own heart who has come to teach the advanced astronomers. Next up is the new Muggle Studies Professor. Jonathon Phillips has agreed to teach the senior students all about muggle gadgets. Why do muggle pens click professor? Stepping into the Greenhouses is the new Herbology Professor James Woodlock. Hope you aren't allergic to bubotuber! Lastly is of course our new Care of Magical Creatures Professor, Kida Frost. Wife, mother, quidditch famous, she has done it all. Welcome to Hogwarts, Professor!

Well, that's all I have to say in welcome. If you're already stressed out, never fear, Christmas is just around the corner, the holidays will soon be upon us once again! Have fun, stay out of trouble and don't forget to say hi to your Heads of House, they like to be acknowledged.</SIZE>
New Faces Around The School!

So with the beginning of the school year, we have some new faces around the school and I'm not just talking about those first years! For the first time since I've been here, we have a Counsellor in the school! Personally I think it's about time, so many things have happened here that maybe some of us need to talk to someone professionally about. Well, now we can, because Daniel Clarioux has joined us for the time being and you can find his office at the back of the library. He seems like a very bubbly kind of guy and he has inspirational seal posters in his office! How cool is that! From my experience he gives pretty sound advice and he is from France! Check out that last name. He also happens to be an ex HNZ student, so perhaps you could find out why he left, or maybe just pop in for a chat, I heard he has cookies! Of course don't forget that he can take away house points just like any other professor, so don't let him catch you doing anything you shouldn't! Let's not forget out wonderful new librarian, Rhianne Delle Clivey! I'm sure she's just itching to help the students find those books for that dreaded assignment. Be nice to her though, she won't help you otherwise!

The of course there is the professors who often pride themselves on being smarter and wiser then the students. Our new professors are all quite young and some of them happen to be ex students. We would do well to listen to what they have to say, because they have been through the same things that we have. If not, be sure to see the counsellor as I am sure he would love to help you out if he can! Professor Frost for instance has many jobs under her belt which inculde being a Quidditch player as well as a mother. I hope she can keep it all up, because lets face it, it's tough leading three lives. Professor Phillips grew up in France too! I wonder if he and the new counsellor know each other? All the new professors seem to have one thing in commo folks, they all share an enthusiasm for teaching students that I was beginning to think was rare these days. I hope they stick around, because I would like to see how far they will go for their students.

Lastly is the new first years, as well as a couple of new transfers. As yet there isn't really much to say about the first years, there were a lot of them, fifty nine in fact. First years are always fun because they are so innocent and half of them don't know any magic. I wonder if we have any second generation students starting school yet? It's certainly possible, given how long this school has been around. Don't be afraid to find out! It would be really interesting to compare their experience with that of their parents. Did any of you notice that there are a couple of new faces in your classes these days? It's because we have some new transfers around! Sorted into Ravenclaw we have a third year by the name of Orwell Brocken, anyone out there wanna give this guy a hand and be his friend? In sixth year is Alby Wilson, don't know much about this guy, but it's pretty gutsy to transfer between exam years! Just like our Hufflepuff transfer Kimmara Axel, she's incredibly shy, but such a sweetie, go make friends with her! Lastly, but not least is our new Gryffindor recruit, a fourth year named Christopher Firn, I certainly hope he's not a trouble maker, Gryffindor doesn't want to lose those hard earned points!

And that's all we have for the new faces at Hogwarts! Go make a couple of new friends and if you're not good at that, well, that's what the counsellor is for!

</B>
Author: Ellington Hayes​
<i>
</i>

Hogwarts Staff spotlight!

One of the newest members of the Hogwarts Staff team,Daniel Clarioux was kind enough to spend his time chatting to me about himself.

Riven:"Hi there - err - what is it we should call you?"

Dan:"Please, call me Dan!"

Riven:"Okay...Dan. Could you spare a few moments for an interview?"

Dan:"No worries, ask me whatever you want."

Riven:"What made you want to counsel people? Especially kids?"

Dan:"I became a counselor because I believe that everyone needs someone to listen to them. There wasn't a counselor when I was in school, and sometimes talking to professors is just completely out of the question for some. I'm rather spiritual in my beliefs, and I think that I am supposed to be here, trying to help young people with the various problems that they may face. I'm not a miracle worker, or a psychologist, I cannot do everything, but I can certainly help kids find who they should talk to. Sometimes all that's needed is someone to listen, and offer assistance and guidance, and that's what I'm here for."

Riven:"Wow. So if I'm angry at my Professor for failing me, you'd help me out?"

Dan:"I'd look into it, and try to stop it from happening again. Probably some study tips, maybe some tutoring. Anything you felt was necessary and I was able to provide."

Riven:"What if it was just because the Professor didn't like me?"

Dan:"If there was proof, I'd talk to them about it. Everyone needs a little counseling sometimes - even adults. I'm not going to say I could change their mind, but I could make the problem known, and try and get the decision overturned. There'd be no promises, though. I'm limited in what I can do, in that respect."

Riven:"If a student needed help, where can they find you?"

Dan:"They will most often find me in the library. My office is at the back, but I frequently take walks in the morning. If you show up at my office and I'm not there, just leave your name and house, I'll find you."

Riven:"Will you be helping the widowed Professor King through some of her problems?"

Dan:"That would be between me and the professor, not me and the entire school. I have a very strict privacy policy."

Riven:"Did you attend HNZ?"

Dan:"I attended for a couple of years. I was in Hufflepuff. However, I finished off schooling in Beauxbatons."

Riven:"And finally, what would you be doing if you weren't a counselor?"

Dan:"Hmm... I have no idea. I would probably be a house-husband."

Riven:"Thank-you for your time Professor - erm - Dan!"

Dan:"No worries. Come see me anytime."

Professor Spotlight!

I managed to snag a couple minutes from the Divination Professor, Professor Le Fey.

Riven: "Hi there Professor Le Fey, thank-you for taking the time to see me."

Professor Le Fey: "Hello Riven, that is no trouble, please come in, and help yourself to tea and shortbread."

Riven: "Thanks Professor. Is it true you were at the wedding of the Headmistress?"

Professor Le Fey: "Yes it is. It was a beautiful wedding until that horrible twist of fate."

Riven: "Did you see the Head Auror die?"

Professor Le Fey: "Sadly yes, though I am not sure if die was quite the right word."

Riven: "What would be the right word?"

Professor Le Fey: "I am not entirely sure, maybe it is, it just sounded too peaceful. And not as shocking as it was."

Riven: "What happened after?"

Professor Le Fey: "It happened so quickly. There was a lot of commotion, half the people stunned, and half the people scared, but the aurors managed to catch the person who did it straight away. I guess if you plan to kill the head auror at his wedding, you have to be prepared for a lot of other aurors to be there."

Riven: "Why did they do it?"

Professor Le Fey: "I don't know. but i doubt you can reach position of head aura without a few people disliking you."

Riven: "How is Professor Davershire holding up?"

Professor Le Fey: "she is doing as well as can be expected considering, and she will be returning to her roll this semester"

Riven: "Was it hard for you to step into her position while she was gone?"

Professor Le Fey: "She had everything left well organized in preparation for her honeymoon so it was fairly simple to step into the roll."

Riven: "Would you have wanted to stay in that position for longer?"

Professor Le Fey: "I would have wanted to stay in that position as long as the headmistress had wanted me there, she supported me when I had to have grievance leave, and maternity leave and let me return to the exact roll I was in before, I am certainly not going to stop her from doing the same."

Riven: "Thank-you for your time Professor."

Professor Le Fey: "You are welcome."

Author: Riven Faye​
<i>
</i>

Dear Aunt Meg...

Dear Aunt Meg,

Recently I have developed a bit of a crush on one of my friends. How do I let her know without saying outright? I have been dropping hints for ages, but she doesn't seem to notice them. And sometimes I feel that she is hinting back until she says something else and I realise she didn't get the hint at all. Naturally she is obsessed by some stupid boy who isn't good for her. Now, I still want to be friends with her I just wonder if we can be more. One thing I was thinking about was asking her to the yule ball. Now what do you recommend?

From
Friend Zoned

Dear Friend Zoned,

It looks like we have a case of unrequited affection.
Don't be too disheartened, we have all been there at some point. It just takes a little time.
I am sorry to hear that she had not noticed your hints; maybe you need to be a little more direct. Asking her to the ball is a good idea and may well be the trigger she needs to pick up on the hints. What is the worst that can happen? She says no? You go as friends? Either way at least it will be a move in the right direction.
But a word of caution, if your friend is obsessed with some other boy I wouldn’t recommend trying to drive them apart, that would make you look like the bad choice.
Keep your chin up and good luck.

Aunt Meg

Deat Aunt Meg,

I heard what happened to the head auror and professor davenshire. And I am scared to go home over the break. My dad also works for the ministry and is quite high up in his office. I am really scred that he too will get killed, or there may be an attack on someone else in the family
From scared-to-go-home

Dear Scared-To-Go-Home,

Although what happened to mr king was a terrible occurrence, and I very much send my condolences to the headmistress and Mr Kings family. It was a once off event, perpetrated one lady who is now in custody. Also Mr King worked for the aurors office, they are the elite crime fighting department, aka the people most likely to get attacked. From what I can tell at the Scitorari is not currently seen as a huge threat to individuals even those working at the ministry, and it is still unclear if she was even a member of the group.
But if you are concerned about your safety and that of your family there are a few things you can do. Firstly join the student defence society and duelling club. Here you will learn how to defend yourself if the time comes, and have practice duelling. You may not be able to beat an adult trained in the dark arts but you will at least be able to have a shot and hold them off until help arrives or you can make an escape.
Secondly you could keep your wand on you outside the castle if you think you will get attacked and it makes you feel safer. Yes, you are not allowed to do magic outside the school until you are seventeen but there isn't a law about having your wand with you, and there is a condition in the law, you are allowed to use magic in life threatening situations, and I would think being attacked would class as life threatening.
I hope that helps,

Aunt meg

Author: Rhiannon McGowan​
<i>
</i>

Top Ten Fashion Tips!
School; the hallways are filled with magic, ghosts, paintings, and questionable outfits. As someone who has dabbled in the way of fashion, I understand that when you aren't in your school uniforms it can be a bit of a daunting task to pick the perfect outfit. After reading this though, picking the right outfit will seem like a breeze! These are the top tens for spring and summer wear that won't wear you out!

10.) Always Have A Backup
Sometimes clouds can come on quickly, or the day is colder than expected. When picking out your perfect outfit, always have a plan for if it's going to be rainier or colder than you imagined. Layers are your friend after all, especially if you're feeling a bit frumpy that day!

9.) Invest In A Good Jacket
Nothing feels worse than being too hot, or too cold. That's why in this in between weather, I like to have a fall back jacket that not only goes with everything, but seems to make it the perfect temperature. My advice would be something cotton, that comes in white or black. The cotton keeps you cool in summer's breezes, or warm in the occasional spring chill. And black and white usually go with anything. You can never go wrong with a button down with these requirements either, that way you can dress up, or dress down!

8.) Colors Can Be Great
But only if they'e used right! All too often you see people wearing clothing that is much too colorful. Wearing oranges and blues and greens makes you look like you've been in a fight with a paint can! Make sure that if your bottoms are a bright color, to balance out with a black or grey on top - or vice versa. Matching colors is also important. You can consult a color wheel if you'd like, or ask a close friend to help you match the perfect outfit. Always do that the night before though, so you aren't rushing in the morning.

7.) Plan Ahead!
I can't stress this tip enough, and while it isn't my number one tip, it's important! I like to plan my outfits the night before at least, and sometimes lay out my basics (jeans, tank tops, etc.) ahead of time. This way it makes it easier to pick a quick over coat. If you're a person who likes to be organized, you can always label your hangers for the days that you want to wear the outfit and hang them somewhere if your room. Just remember to be prepared and refer to rule 10!

6.) Know Your Colors
And by that I don't mean to know the difference between red and blue, I mean you should know the difference between what colors look good on you and what ones don't. if you have a pale skin with rosy undertones then your colors are sea colors, along with frosty pinks and purples, wearing red might flush your skin slightly, so use it sparingly. If you have honey brown or golden olive, or even cream tones, you could wear any rich, earthy shades. Try not to wear any blues outside of the realm of teal or periwinkle, they'll make you look ghostly. And with ivory and light browns you'll want to wear muted shades of about any color. Stay away from black typically, as it can make your skin washed out!

5.) Your Hair Matters!
I know this is about what to wear, but don't forget to wear your hair the right way! A cute outfit paired with a messy bun looks out of place, and there are pretty of simple yet beautiful styles to choose from. For me, my hair down is the most natural and beautiful way to go. However a side braid or high bun always looks professional and classy. Take that down into waves and it might be a fun night time hair style for a date with that special guy (or gal)!

4.) Be Classy not Trashy!
As warm weather approaches us quickly it so tempting to bring out those mini-skirts and tiny shorts so you can tan those pale legs; but take a moment to look at yourself before leaving. If you don't think mom and dad would let you out of the house in what you're wearing, it's safe to say it's for a good reason.

3.) Bandeau's and Ban-don'ts
When you wear a bandeau under a cute lacy top or with a pair of shorts to sit by the lake, remember the three basic rules: Color (does the color look good on your skin, refer to the above tips), Comfort (are you comfortable in the top?) and Concealment (does it cover everything that needs to be?).

2.) For The Gentleman!
Nothing is nicer that watching quidditch boys practice, or those of you who work out the muggle way, nothing is better than running without a shirt. As good as you look and feel after, you shouldn't have to smell the opposite. Gentleman and ladies, don't forget you under arm deodorant in these warmer days. Nothing is more embarrassing than scaring your friends away with your stench!

1.) MOST IMPORTANT TIP!
This is the number one, most important fashion tip, no matter what season it is. Be you, and wear what makes you happy. If you love flower patterns, wear flower patterns. If you love scarves, wear scarves. Because when you wear what you love and are happy with how you look in it, your smile says everything about you, and how good you look!

Author: Kimmara Axel​
<i>
</i>

Horoscopes for Everyone!

Aries: Aries, let's not kid ourselves, the professors have been giving you a harder time than you think you deserve, right? Love life's not going your way either, you're beginning to think that you need some Felix Felicis to be able to get luck to swing your way, but Aries I swear you don't need that, you need to expand your horizons and just experience more of the extra things this school has to offer, why not join a few new clubs, the Academia, or the Arts? There you'll meet more people, and possibly make new friends? These will help swing your luck around and just make you happier overall. Expand your horizons Aries!

Taurus: Life's always simple as a Taurus right? I mean little trouble seems to be presenting itself, it's like playing quidditch with three year olds isn't it? Life is treating you nicely, but be careful Taurus, like this won't last if you're careless and stupid, if you stop applying yourself. You have to keep working, you have exams coming up, and I'm sure the head of your house is looking to you to do well. You're not an idiot Taurus work hard, do well, and your streak of good luck will continue, and not become as spotty at the school's ability to keep Professors.

Gemini: Well, your friends have been steering you down a strange path haven't they Gemini, I mean you've got a lot going on, and whatever they are doing isn't really working for you. Or well, it's leaving you feeling a little strange isn't it, as strange as in first year transfiguration where you get turned into a canary. You are wondering how to fix this, you are wondering what's your next step in making things better, but let's be honest it won't fix itself overnight, nope, you need to focus on your school work, occasionally say no to your friends, talk to new people. Go to the Yuleball alone and meet new people. Just expand who you count as your friends, this will help you leaps and bounds, Gemini.

Cancer: Congratulations on all the recent success, whether it small, or something bigger, congratulations on it, I bet you're really proud of yourself, but let's not gloat too much about it. It's just not a pretty sight, being the green monster, and your friends will get as jealous as Ron Weasley got of Harry Potter during the Triwizard tournament, and there will be no reunion at any point. Celebrating in the face of others who have had far less success, that's just unkind and will cost you, reign it in. Be respectful of others, be mindful of others and no one will lose it with you as if they were Professor Styx and you were a first year who just ran into him.

Leo: Hear the lions roaring in the background, feels good doesn't it, Leo? You've been good recently and new opportunities have been presenting themselves to you left, right and centre. It's almost like everything if falling neatly into you lap. It's like the snitch just keep coming to you and giving you the victory without you even having to try. You should keep moving forward, these opportunities will keep coming, don't be afraid to be selective about them, think before you jump. Keeping moving forward and soon all you'll see in the mirror of Erised is yourself alone.

Virgo: Love has been kicking you hasn't it, Virgo? It's just not been fun, one minutes it's like the pair of you are the happiest people, swimming in a basin of love potion the next moment they want nothing to do with you. Let this person go, Virgo, it's not good for you, your grades will slip and let's be honest, you deserve something better. Whether it's friends, friends with some benefits or a relationship, you should always do what's best for you, and remember to be wary of love potions, because false love is not real love and that will never end well. Plus, I don't think Professor Snow, or Professor Zhefarovich will be happy to see supplies go missing.

Libra: Fairness and equality is the image which accompanies your sign isn't it Libra, but you've been less than that? What would Professor Effie Kingston of Hufflepuff say about this? I don't think she'd be happy, and it's just not really going your way either all that you've been doing, this recent closed mindedness? Things have been happening to you that you can't control, that haven't exactly been great. This is the time to open your mind, be willing to try new things, meet new people and just in general have a shot at being better, being just even a better friend. It'll be for the best, people will listen to you more, you'll earn the respect of those around you, most of all, things will start going your way. Libra just be a little more hufflepuff and open your mind to being fair and appreciative of equality, be welcoming to all.

Scorpio: The usual sharp sting of a scorpion has been hitting you hard Scorpio, right? The spells you're doing aren't working, you're falling behind and worst of all, you're falling asleep during those immensely interesting History of Magic lessons and the Transfiguration lessons with our Headmistress. You need to learn to manage your time better, you need have important exams coming up and you need to be able to do them. You need to focus on them, so learn to manage your time, get the Muggle Studies professor's, Professor Phillips, to loan you a muggle watch and this will help you managed the time better. It'll be boring, but it'll help you a lot. Studies will help you form new friends, help you have new opportunities and it'll be for the best, trust me Scorpio, sometimes the party has to stop.

Sagittarius: This has been really good for you hasn't it Sagittarius, I think, Professor Le Fey would definitely say that the tea leaves for you point to good things in the future. You've been distancing yourself from your friends and become as lonely as that very professor up in her tower all of the time, don't do that. Success is great, but you will feel a greater fulfilment when you are able to share in all your recent success with your friends, with people who can celebrate with you. You have some good friends, they are as loyal to you as the most Gryffindor Gryffindor would be loyal. Don't lose that Sagittarius just because studying alone works best for you.

Capricorn: It'll be a long time before you just jump into anything again, things weren't supposed to go that badly were they, it's like if Professor Frost or Professor Thornton of Care of Magical creatures just left you in a field with the most deadly creatures right? Don't worry Capricorn, this period of darkness, this time of struggle will definitely pass. You need to keep moving, keep running forward, don't be afraid of doing something new, maybe finally get over a fear you've had. Do something new, test your limits and this bad thing will come to a close. Perhaps however just practice a little more caution next time Capricorn.

Aquarius: Keep your head above water has been hard hasn't it? You need to go back to charms and learn that bubblehead charm don't you? Everything just keeps piling up on you Aquarius and you don't know what to do about it do you? It's been hard, Aquarius I can see it, and it feels like everything you do is a little hopeless, but it'll be okay, you'll get that charm and you'll be fine. You got to keep swimming, maybe look at the friendships you have and wonder if they are right for you. If they aren't cut them loose, get rid of any dead weight you have, and floating to the surface would become easier. Remember that friendships that aren't mutually beneficial are not relationships you should keep.

Pisces: The runes read you a bright and good path ahead, I'm sure that's what Professor Kingsley would tell you if you asked her to do a reading of some kind. Things have been as monotonous for you as the sound of Professor Woodlock's voice, nothing's happened, you've had nothing but a sort of sameness since the beginning of the year. Maybe it's time to do something different, you can't always expect things to just fall into you lap, sometimes you have to work, sometimes you just got to do those boring essays. When you start putting some work in, perhaps do something new, join a new club and things will begin happening for you and you'll experience a little bit of fun. Sometimes Pisces you just got to do things for yourself.

Author: Sage Ottavi​
<i>
</i>

The Halloween Feast!
<i>
</i>
tumblr_mbjk085vzV1r2f6aqo1_500.gif

Halloween is always a most enjoyable time for Professors, students and staff alike here at Hogwarts. It's at that sweet spot in the school year where the first semester is well underway, everyone has gotten settled into their own routines and it means the Christmas holidays aren't too far away. The Halloween Feast is a night for everyone to let down their hair, literally and metaphorically, and have a night of good fun and not worry about classes or homework. It's that little boost we all need to recharge our batteries and get ready to push through to the holidays.

As you stepped into the Great Hall, it was almost unrecognisable, and even myself who has now seen five Halloweens at Hogwarts is forever amazed at the spectacular it's turned into. The Great Hall was filled with Jack-o-Lanterns, spider webs everywhere, fake bats flying around and dim lighting just to set the mood. Professor King had done an amazing job as Transfiguration Professor who had made sure a few things had been transfigured into black cats that stalked the Hall. You also can't forget about our resident ghosts were popping out everywhere along with ghouls who were haunting the room.

While the decorations and candy alone are spectacular they aren't the only things to behold and be amazed over at the Halloween Feast – of course I mean the costumes. Some people seem to work on their costumes from the Halloween Feast the year before there is that much care to detail in them. We had a wide array of costumes on display this year and each one a great contender for the six categories in the Costume Contest. Throughout the night each and every costume is scrutinised and awards are handed out at the end of the night to the winners of the: Best Muggle-Inspired Costume; Best Magically Enhanced Costume; Best Couples/Group Costume; Most Creative Costume; Silliest Costume and, probably the most coveted of all awards, the Best Overall Costume.

As I observed all the costumes I definitely saw who I thought should be the winners of their respective awards and as the night came to a close I soon found out that some of my guesses were also the opinions of the judges as the winners were announced. For all of you who missed the Feast or left before the winners were announced here's a recap.

Best Muggle-Inspired Costume went to Hufflepuff Prefect Rhiannon McGowan for her costume as a Muggle Doctor. Now I'm not one to judge but it looks awfully like a Magic Healer...but as I said, I'm not judging.

Next is Best Magically Enhanced Costume and that went to the group of Professors as Dogs. Professors Summers, King, Frost & Cliffeton all gave the school a great treat by showing that it's OK even for Professors to be silly and get into the festive spirit.

Best Couples/Group Costume went to Venn Asiah Boneheart and Prudence Armstead as a Prince and Princess. Personally I found this to be a boring costume choice but some of the attentions to detail were particularly impressive, so a deserving win.

Most Creative Costume went to Hufflepuff Fourth Year, Maya Corby. A zombie is a costume that I've seen a number of times in my time here at the school and I can safely admit that some of them are scary - and not in a good way. However, Maya did a superb job with this costume, there was great attention to detail and she definitely stayed in character for the night - an added bonus in my opinion.

Silliest Costume was an interesting one this year. To anyone else it was seem as if two people had shown up to the Feast and merely forgotten to change out of their uniform, or really didn't have anything else to wear. However, Fourth Year twins Lucien and Jean Snow decided to play everyone and swap uniforms. Admittedly this could have been a contender for Most Creative costume but it was a well deserved winner for Silliest nonetheless.

Finally, the winner for the Best Overall Costume. I'm not afraid to say that I was quite disappointed with this myself. I will admit the costume itself is impressive but if my time in the muffle world is to teach me anything is that it's not original and about every other kid grows up with one of these costumes at some point or other. Slytherin Avie Mitchell was the winner of the Best Overall Costume this year as Muggle Superhero Spiderman. It makes me think how many witches and wizards are familiar with the Muggle World enough to get this reference. Regardless, the costume was impressive so congratulations to Avie and the rest of the winner.

As another Halloween Feast comes to a close this reporter, for one, can't wait to do it all over again next year. This year was a huge success and I can't wait to relive it all over again not only when the pictures are published in the Yearbook but for many years to come after Hogwarts.

</B>
Author: Iason Samartzi​
<i>
</i>

</SIZE>
Quidditch Corner!
<i>
</i>

tumblr_inline_mrzuzdZzV51qz4rgp.gif
The first two quidditch games of the year are over and done with! If you're not obsessed with quidditch like I am, and for some reason didn't manage to attend the games, here's the lowdown! (Shame on you if you didn't see the games in person, they were amazing!)

<COLOR color="darkgreen">Slytherin VS Ravenclaw:
The first game of the year was between Slytherin and Ravenclaw! It was a pretty evenhanded game until the Ravenclaw seeker caught the snitch, and they won with 160 points against Slytherin's 10! But that doesn't mean the snakes didn't put up a hefty fight! Their chaser, Lucien Snow was easily the MVP of the day. He managed to get hit hard by a bludger, but that didn't keep him from making a clean score! Shortly after, Ravenclaw gained possession of the quaffle and their chaser Lucas Chase managed to even the score to an exciting tie of 10-10. That was, until the Ravenclaw seeker and newly appointed captain Serenity Dion caught the snitch and ensured a win for her team! She was definitely Ravenclaw's MVP for the day, and played very well in an overall exciting game! I cannot wait to see what's in store for the Ravens in later games!

Gryffindor VS Hufflepuff:
The second game of the year proved to be a hoot! Gryffindor won with a score of 150 to Hufflepuff's 0, which was an expected outcome although Hufflepuff played furiously in the beginning! Immediately after the game started, Hufflepuff's chaser Charlotte Lurken caught possession of the quaffle and soared for the Gryffindor hoops. She failed to score but she is definitely Hufflepuff's MVP of the day because her speed is a force to be reckoned with! As Gryffindor gained possession of the quaffle, the seeker, Matt Greene, managed to catch the snitch and win the game! The seeker is definitely the MVP for Gryffindor this game, and so is Ailsa Evans, the new beater who played amazingly during her first game as an official member of the team! In comparison to Hufflepuff, Gryffindor are without a doubt the team to keep an eye on during this year!

<B>Author: Archie Renner​
<i>
</i>

<SIZE size="50">Editors Note
<i>
</i>
That's it! The end of another issue of the Hogwarts Monthly, as editor-in-chief of the Monthly would like to extend my thanks to all of the writers of the Hogwarts Monthly, all the professor and all those who contributed towards making this issue of the Hogwarts Monthly.
<SIZE size="50">Without all of those people this would never happen. Thank you to you all!
<B>Sage Ottavi
Editor-in-Chief

OOCOut of Character:
Feel free to have your character read and react to the paper!
This topic is open for all to respond to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back