The hiking trip in the mountains of Australia

Andrew Bruke

Andrew climbed the bus which was going to lead them to the base of the moutain from where they'd start hiking.The scenary around was just fabulous.The thick green vegetation grew everywhere they passed. The bus ride was a bumpy one because the moutain road was not a tarmac.They finally arrived at the base camp from where they'd go hiking with others being guided by their instructor.

"We'll start hiking after ten minutes. You are asked to freshen up now. Nothing will be enteratined later."he said in his booming voice.It echoed in the mountains. "Now get moving"he barked as the children started shifting from the places.

Andrew looked back to see his friends beside him."Wanna come with me to wash your faces? There is a stream here"he said pointing to his right.They could hear a stream of water nearby. All the participants in this hike were aged between 11-16years. There were about thirty of them and now they headed in the similar direction andrew had pointed out. "Its indicated in the map"he said pointing at the paper he holded."lets go"he said leading the lot.

(u can make the instructor do stuff u like but make him strict :p )

Caina was sort of looking forward to the hiking trip. Though she didn't go hiking that often she had been camping before with her two cousins. Though that had turned into a whole drama filled event, Caina was sure that today's trip would be nothing like that. A thousand times better.

Sitting on the bus. Wearing some ugg boots which were put over her black skinny jeans. Her top today was simple just a poka dot, black and white dotted, shirt that went down to just above her knees. This was what Caina considered a hiking outfit and she hoped it would do. Caina couldn't help but bounce up in her sit as the bus hit a few bumps and pot holes. Overall it wasn't the worse bus ride ever.

Though Caina still couldn't help but be glad to get off the bus. Well that was until she heard the instructor having a booming voice that literally wanted to make Caina crawl into a hole. She was going to work on this hike, that was for sure.

"I hope you can read maps because I'm hopeless at that" Caina said shrugging thinking back to when she was in charge of reading the compass. That didn't work out well .Then there was the time when she had to read the map on the road trip to flordia and she ended up in California, on the opposite of the united states. Maps just weren't her thing.

Smiling though as she found Andrew quite capable of reading and following maps. She followed him without a doubt that they were on the right path.

"I can"Andrew assured. Andrew was taught all that stuff in muggle school and he had also been to about ten hiking trips so he loved this kind of things and was good at it.He walked, he was wearing his trainers that helped a great deal when it came to this kind of events.

After a few trees came a clearing from which they could see a beautiful stream flowing.Andrew slid out his latest model of the ultra slim magical camera which Mal had got him.He snapped a few snapshots of the river and put it back.

As he walked closer to the stream, he realised it had a steep slope, so you had to maintain balance is you wanted to bend and drink water or even if you wanted to wash your face.Andrew climbed on a boulder, first making sure it was attached to the earth than bent his knees and splashed the water on his face.It was cold and it freshened him up.

As the boulder was a big one, which could hold two people, he asked "Whose coming next ?". The slope was a dangerous one, Andrew knew Jake could handle it because he had been hiking but he wasn't sure the girls could take it so he offered his hand for one of them to grab it.

Jacob was sitting beside Andrew on the bus.He continuously gazed outside the window at the beastiful scenery.The bus ride was very bumpy and Jacob could not sit straight for a second but he was used to these kind of roads.

When they reached the base camp everyone got off the bus.Jacob was very glad the real thing was going to start.The scenery consisted of different shades of green and white and grey,vegetation,snow and the sky.It was really beautiful. Jacob was glad he had brought his muggle camera with him.

He had his own map and was very nice at reading it.He had been taught at his mug-wiz school how to read a map and how to survive without magic in the mountains.Only here it wouldn't be hard to survive.

He followed Andrew towards the stream.He walked casually and was very comfortable in his faded blue jeans and his jacket.He had worn hiking shoes and they really got your feet working. They reached the bank of the stream as Andrew got onto the boulder.It looked very hard to balance on it but Jacob had been to hiking trips several times.

He took Andrew's hand,not giving any weight on it and carefully got onto the boulder.He bent down and splashed some water on his face.It felt cool against his skin that had grown dirty with the dust and soil from the road.He saw Andrew take out his camera and Jacob took out his own.He clicked some pictures of the river and a picture of Caina and Pez and a picture of the Mountains.

Caina let out a small happy sigh "Well at least you can" Caina commented knowing now that they weren't going to get lost. Though it would probably be rather amusing if they did. Not that Caina would last long lost in a place she had never been. sure she liked nature but she wasn't considered a nature person persay.

As the reached the stream, Caina smiled. It was like a painting almost. Gosh everything so far this break could be a target in a painting. Though it might just be that Caina was feeling rather artsy lately. Maybe when she went back to school she would paint or draw something. That day, the day break ended, was not one she was rushing not by any means.

"Ok I'm not a damsel in distress or anything but someone want to help" Caina said looking up at the slope. Leaning over for a second she tied the laces of her ugg boots tighter. Standing up once more she looked at the two boys.

"Grab my hand"he said to Caina letting out his hand again for her to grab. Once she had he let her balance herself and climb the boulder.He stood beside her as he took a snapshot of her as she splashed water over her face.

Once everyone was done, Andrew said"i think we should head back" because most of the crowd was starting to go. As he now walked, at the rear of the lot. "So Caina, what do you know about mugle cooking? Can you cook anything?"he asked her thinking that the instructor might split them into groups.

The instructor blew his whistle twice and everyone gathered around him."Now we shall begin hiking up the mountain. The hike of today is a very simple path compared to the ones taht lie forwrad tommorow. You won't need any special gear for your hike."he explained them in his loud voice.

"We'll hike for four hours taking a ten minute break every one and half hour.I'll lead and everyone is to follow. Don't be lazy and walk at the same speed."he contiinued."Get your bags on your shoulders and we can begin"he said putting his own bag on his shoulder and started walking through a path between trees, going higher and higher.

"Lets go, this is gonna be fun"he said witha grin as he put his big bag on his shoulder sand started walking.

"Thanks" Caina said wishing she was better at this whole hiking thing as she grabbed Andrew's hand and tried to gain her balance. It didn't take long to freshen up before Andrew said that they should get moving. Nodding Caina as she walked carefully along with the rest of the group.

"Muggle cooking" Caina repeated finding the question completely random but she was ok with random. "I can bake just about anything. But cooking meals is my down point. I can make cereal if that counts" Caina said laughing a bit though her laughter quieted down as the instructor began blowing the whistle the made her hands jump to her ears blocking out the short breath of noise.

Listening as the Instructor spoke, Caina couldn't believe what he had said. "Wait four hours" Caina repeated looking over at Andrew hoping that she heard him wrong. Swinging her rather small bag over her shoulder, Caina walked along side thinking that this was going to be fun, long but fun. At least they got breaks every now and then.

"Same here, I only know baking, what about you Jake? I think these hikes take a cook with them but we cant be sure" he explained the reason behind his question."Yes four hours, it will just fly by if you are a nature lover"he said grinning.

"Look at that beetle, isn't it absolutely amaizing? I have never seen one like this, blue and black, maybe they are only found in certain parts of the tropical forest"he said thoughtfully."You know to make the hikes fun, you need to talk, so wha do you want to talk about?"he asked her as he continued walking.

On his way, he kicked rocks as they came, it seemed fun to see how far they went as long as they didnt hit anyone walking infront of them."Okay, lets start with your childhood. How was it? Who were your friends? When did you know you were a witch? How did you know? Any magic you did unkowingly?"he asked all this at one to start a good get-to-know-each-other-deeply-convoresation.

Caina continued to walk at a nice pace glad that she chose shoes that were comfortable instead of the cute flats she was going to wear. The ugg boots were working perfectly though she hoped they didn't get too dirty. Not like she would admit that aloud. It was just that these boots were the only present that her cousins had sent her.

"Well it will be fun" Caina said when Andrew comfirmed that the hike was indeed four hours long. Though when Andrew pointed out a beetle she could only smile. It was rather interesting though Caina wasn't found of getting any closer than she was.

Though when Andrew began asking about a million questions she let out a small laugh. "Ok Andrew breath" She said playfully. The questions that he asked ran through her mind, Caina not knowing how to answer it really and truthfully without letting on to her little 'secret' as she considered it.

"Childhood. Well my childhood was just lovely" Caina said rolling her eyes playfully for a moment. "But seriously it wasn't so bad I stayed out of the house as much as I could. Usually went over to my cousins house or over at friends house. I only had two best friends, Morgan and Amber. Both of them are muggles and I haven't spoken to them in over a year" Caina said her tone still upbeat. Friends drifted apart that was just how it was. Now Caina had new friends and she was content.

She had to chose her wording carefully with the next question though. How would she answer when she found out she was a witch without hinting that she was muggleborn. "Well I found out I was a witch in the early years" Caina said considering that she was eleven when she found out, which was considered early years, at least to her it was. "And no unfortunately I didnt' do any magic unknowingly. Which was really a pity" Caina said laughing a bit thinking about all the magic she wished she could have used.

"Now it's your turn. What about your childhood? All your questions apply" She added wanting to know more about Andrew as well.

Jacob jumped down from the boulder with perfect balance."Yeah I guess we should."he said agreeing to Andrew.

He walked by Andrew's side as Andrew shot a question at Caina.Cooking was one of the hobbies of Jacob.He mostly cooked at his home in his kitchen but he only sometimes cooked on hiking or camping trips.They usually took little food and transformed it.

He listened to the instructor as he told them what they would be doing.He was happy that they were going to have little breaks.He swung his backpack over his shoulder and started walking.Another line of questions were shot at Caina and she explained about herself.It reminded Jacob of being separated from Renee.

When Caina asked the same questions to Andrew Jacob was curious.He had never thought of asking him that."Yeah Andrew do tell us.I am very curous."he said grinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back