The Goods

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius had once again organized a sort of picnic, if you could call it that, only this time it was in one of his favorite places of the entire castle, the North tower. There had been many different arguments, discussions, and meetings with his friends here, the place certainly held many of his first year memories. In his hand was a basket of food, anything he had managed to take from the House elves in the kitchens, and two blankets, one to lay on the ground and the other to wrap around Luna if she got cold, it was after all, still January, and he was crazy enough to ask her to meet him out here.

In his other hand he held her gifts; one box was small and gold, containing a simple bracelet with a blue heart charm and another box was larger, holding the entire "Series of Unfortunate Events" series. He knew she had already read them, but she seemed to like re-reading books and as far as he knew, she didn't own the set.

He laid out the first blanket on the stone cold floor of the tower and placed the basket atop of it, then the arranged the gifts next to it. He ruffled his hair, realizing how much of a romantic he seemed to be when it came to Luna and simply took a seat on the blanket, holding the extra blanket in his hands as he waited for her to arrive.

Luna walked up the steps of the north tower quickly, glad she hadn't gotten Scorpius a present as large and heavy as Angus's. Carrying something like downstairs was one thing but up a tower was something completely different. She instead had a medium sized square box wrapped in gold wrapping paper with a blue bow, filled to the brim with green packing peanuts and a shirt in a plastic affliction bag. They had been cheaper on the website than at the local mall and the one she had picked wasn't even in stock so she was glad that the online shopping went off without a hitch.

Why they hadn't just traded gifts in the common room she couldn't figure out but that was the thing about Scorpius, she never knew what he was going to do or what he was up to. She walked up the last couple of steps and made her way to the top of the tower, straightening up the necklace Angus had given her without thinking about it, closing the entrance behind her as she did. She saw Scorpius sitting there with a picnic basket sitting on the cold stone floor on a blanket. A smile broke out on her face as she sat down beside him on the blanket and sat the present down on her other side. "Wow..." was all she could say. Scorpius always seemed to go above and beyond for her.

Scorpius' face instantly brightened at the sight of his girlfriend appearing and heard her say 'wow'. He chuckled lightly because she seemed to always say that whenever he did something for her, not that he was complaining, he liked that she at least seemingly appreciated his efforts rather than think he was a complete cheese ball. "Hey," he said to her with a goofy grin before kissing her lightly on the lips. He had definitely missed her over the holiday break and even though he had been looking forward to seeing his friends and exchanging gifts with them, he had been waiting all day for this with Luna. He gestured toward the basket of food which held a little bit of everything, mostly desserts, since they had already had dinner in the Great Hall. "Help yourself," he said with a smile before asking, "How were your holidays?" He was suddenly very nervous to give her her gift so he wanted to stall and do the whole 'small talk' thing.

"Hey," Luna responded after he had kissed her, smiling at him. He could be such a romantic when he wanted to be. Some people would probably think it was quite cheesy and if he done it any more than he did Luna might be inclined to feel a bit like that too. But cheesy could be cute sometimes. She had missed him and her few friends over break and was happy to be with them all again. She restrained herself from pigging out on the desserts long enough to answer his question. "My holidays were good, Christmas eve and Christmas day we were up in West Virginia, the whole family under one roof. Man was that crowded." she said, pretty sure she had said how big her family was in the past. "How were yours?" she asked before rifling through the basket and finding a huge slice of cheesecake with strawberries. Her eyes lit up and she smiled, "Yummm..." she was looking forward to eating this but waited for her boyfriend to answer first.

Scorpius laughed as he tried to imagine her entire family together in one room, the image was almost comical since he was so used to small families like his own. "Sounds fun," he commented with amusement sparkling in his grey eyes. When she asked how his holidays were he smiled and shrugged. "Christmas eve was spent at my dad's pub where I was serenaded with Christmas carols by all the locals who had nowhere else to go," he began with a chuckle. He knew his mom never liked it when he visited his dad's pub, she thought he was too young, but it wasn't as if he was drinking, he was just enjoying the entertainment the drunkards provided. "And Christmas day was spent with my family unwrapping gifts," he finished off with a shrug. He eyed the slice of cheesecake Luna had in her hands and dug into the basket in search of some, grinning in triumph when he pulled one out as well. He picked a strawberry off the top and ate it whole, grinning at Luna like a little boy.

"Speaking of gifts," he said after he put his slice of cheesecake down, "here are yours." He handed over the large box with the smaller one placed on top. Although he had masked his nervousness in his voice, his smile gave it all away.

Luna smiled, "It was pretty fun... Since probably 95 Percent of my family are muggles who know nothing about magic we had to do everything the muggle way. It was quite interesting though it was rather frustrating." she said "But we really got back in touch with the muggle world on a whole new level, Hell Kailey was having driving lessons with my dad every day over the break and shes going to get her learners permit this summer!" she added She listened as Scorpius said what he did over Christmas, she couldn't help but get a bit worried when he said he had been at his dads pub. Sure his dad probably wouldn't let anything happen to him but she had read way too many articles about bar fights ending very badly in the local newspapers. "Ahh, and here's yours." she said picking up the box and handing it to him. "So who first?" she asked

"Driving lessons really?" he repeated with interest, trying to imagine Luna's older sister behind the wheel. That was definitely something that interested him about the muggle world. "I'd like to learn how to drive," he added thoughtfully with an amused smile on his face. "I think I'll get my grandpa to teach me how to drive a 'stick', that's what it's called right?" he asked her with furrowed eyebrows. A standard car was all his old fashioned grandfather knew how to drive anyway.

Scorpius took his gift from Luna and smiled gratefully. When she asked who should go first he shrugged and said, "I'll go first I guess." He felt nervous opening her gift for some reason but he still eagerly unwrapped the gold paper off. Once he shuffled through the packing peanuts and pulled out an awesome shirt, he held it up to admire it. "Awesome!" he said enthusiastically, grinning from ear to ear, loving how Luna knew his style very well. "Thank you Luna," he said sincerely, leaning over to kiss her softly on the lips.

"I'm going to start the winter of next year. I'll get my permit winter of 4th year, the advantage of having an early birthday." Luna chirped excited at the prospect of driving. "That's what some are called, all of our cars are automatic though." Luna added biting back every joke she could have made. This was definitely not the time for that. "I'm glad you like it." she said as he reacted just how she had hoped before he made a move to kiss her.

"Thanks again," he said after he had pulled away from the kiss. He smiled at her and placed his shirt in his lap before saying, "I guess you should open yours eh?" He gave her a nervous smile but chuckled nonetheless.

[Sorry for the really lame post, there wasn't much for me to do. :unsure: ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back