The Goddess in the Tower.

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian walked up to the Owlery, he had written his parents a letter explaining how his week was going and was excited to send it off. The Firebolt he'd been given laid waiting on his bed. He was very proud of getting a broomstick of such quality, even though he didn't really know about the different types of brooms. He figured his parents wouldn't really respond to him but he didn't care, he just figured he's write to them anyways and tell them about it.

It was times like this he wish he still had his Grandfather, he would've been waiting on tippy toes for each letter if he were still around. This would've been like something out of a book, and he'd be waiting for each brand new thrilling chapters to come every week full of indept details. Brian knew however he wasn't around, he'd died a long time ago and he'd just have to deal with whom he did have still with him.

When he arrived at the top of the Owlery he began to look for Athena, but for some reason she was unable to be found. He began looking harder trying to distinguish between the other owls that looked like her.

Patrick sighed walking wearily up to the Owlery. He needed to get a letter to his sister before her birthday, Ace had let him use her owl 'Freckles'.
When he got there he noticed the boy Brian from the other day.
"Hello there" he smiled noticing that Brian seemed to be looking for something, "You alright?" Patrick himself looked up to where Ace had said Freckles cage was. He opened it offered the bird a treat to coax him out and slowly tied the letter to his foot.
Patrick walked to the window and released him.

"OH! um.... I'm okay" Brian said politely, while ignoring him and continuing to look for Athena, he wasn't sure what he thought abour Mr. O'Brien besides the fact that he was like his Grandfather.... and he didn't like it. He looked outside trying to see if maybe she was out flying.

Patrick turned back and watched as Brian seemed to be seriously looking for something.
"Can I help with your search?" he asked getting the distinct feeling that this kid didn't take too kindly to him at all and he couldn't fathom why?

"no, it's alright Mr.O'Brien I can find Athena on my own" Brian said still looking about.

Patrick sighed if this boy wasn't a good friend of Ace's would he even bother he thought, yes he would. But the fact that he was made it more poignant that he did make an effort.
"Athena? That's your owl I take it?" Patrick asked then before even trying to look he had to ask, "Have I done something to offend you in some way?"
He couldn't help it but the vibes this boy gave off when he was around were all negative, he really didn't want Patrick around him.

"no" Brian said as he continued to look around the forest to see if she was flying around. This man was not someone he really liked nor really wanted to like, it was a simple fact that Brian wasn't about to alter for any reason. They were not going to be all buddy buddy, He was Andromeda's relative, and therefore needed to be there for her not him. Brian wasn't too worried about Athena but he was wondering why she wasn't in the Owlery, He looked up again to see if maybe he had mistaken her for another owl.

"Fine" Patrick knew when he was beat, some kids were just so wrapped up in themselves he thought. He looked back at the boy as he was leaving and shaking his head, couldn't understand why Ace was friends with someone so rude and obnoxiously so.
"Hope you find her then" he walked out of the owlery door and decided today he would go flying, he needed the freedom of the sky even for a moment to get away from the weight he felt being around some of these children.

Brian was glad to see him leave, He was trying very hard to find Athena and all that man seemed to do was distract him, it was kinda annoying. Brian looked very hard for her trying to figure out what might have happened, It wasn't like her to just dissapear somewhere, that he couldn't find her. He was starting to feel a bit nervous.

Andromeda had passed her uncle on the lowest flight of steps, he mentioned briefly how he had sent Freckles with a letter to her mother and that her friend Brian was up in the owlery looking for his owl. She had asked him why he hadn't stayed to help him but he had simply shrugged his shoulders and said simply "ask your friend, I've work to get back to."
Andy had watched him walk away and contemplated whether or not she should go up to the owlery, eventually her compassionate side won out and she walked quickly up the steps.
"Brian? Brian?" she called, she entered and saw him looking everywhere for his owl still, "Uncle P said you lost your owl. Need help looking?"

"I know she's somewhere around here" Brian said looking harder. "What are you here for?" Brian said looking at Andy, it was weird that both her and her uncle were up here the same time he was.

"I was actually only passing when Uncle P bumped into me, he mentioned you were up here looking for your owl", she began the search as well, "did he say something to tick you off? It's just that he mentioned you hadn't wanted his help".

"no he never said anything to make me mad" Brian answered looking around at the other owls.

"Right full description of your bird please", Andy said, she knew something was up but for now she would let it lie. She'd help him find his owl well try anyhow.
She looked at all the other cages, except for her own and two others they all seemed to be full.

"It's alright, she'll turn up eventually" Brian said trying not to sound nervous "so then what are you up here for? Not getting into trouble are you?" He asked "Gryffindor can't afford to lose any more points being so close to Ravenclaw" he said sounding a bit smug.

"Brian I could push you quite easily down those stairs and your precious brain would be kaploowy then wouldn't it?" she stuck her tongue out at him, "I told you already, Uncle P said you were here and what you were doing. I figured you could use some help, so voile"
She spun around in a graceful circle her hands open.
"Are you not pleased at the lengths I go to for my friends?" she smiled still waiting for a description of the owl.
"Is it black or white? when did you last see her?"

Brian thought that it was kind've stupid to think she was untrustworthy and kind've felt bad for wondering so many times. "She will show up eventually, here throw something at me! I want to show you what I've been practing!" Brian said with a smile, pulling out his wand.

[[you think Andy is untrustworthy?? since when?]]

Andy bent down and picked up a rock no bigger than her palm she threw it gently not wanting to accidently hurt him. She was clueless as to what he meant by practising but something told her it was going to be worth the wait.
"Here you go".

((That last second since, you showed up right after Patrick!))

Brian shouted "PROTEGO!" forcing the stone to bounce away and fall back onto the ground "see I've also learned another spell. but I haven't mastered it yet!" Brian said staring at the stone thinking about whether or not he'd be able to do the spell.

Andy watched as the stone bounced away from the direction she had thrown it. She smiled up at him beaming,"good job" she said suitably impressed.
"You have been practising. Of course when I try to, I get a branch in the face".
She teased then looking at him quizzicaly she asked the inevitable.
"What's the other spell?"

Brian looked at the stone and focused really hard on it "ACCIO STONE!" he shouted, the result surprised even him. He'd practice the spell yesturday and thought he'd improved a little but today was somewhat different, the stone flew into the air very fast and hit him hard on the head causing him to fall onto his bum. with a knot forming on his head.

Andy went to kneel beside him to see if he was alright. She was torn between wanting to laugh really hard and being incredibly impressed with him. She went for both. The laughter escaped from her like thousands of tiny raindrops dancing on a window, she let rip. Holding her sides as she knelt there beside him.
Eventually she managed to ask him,
"Are you ok? Brian that was bloody awesome" she laughed again.

"getting hit in the head with a rock isn't impressive" Brian said looking at the stupid stone, slightly surprised that he was able to do the spell so well "Let me try it agian" he said standing up. "Accio!" the stone flew up towards his head again, Brian quickly moved to the side to avoid it this time to see the stone hit a snowy Owl behind him, the owl screeched and flew up towards the top of the Owlery giving him an evil look in response.

"Doing a fourth year spell is!" Andy said ducking out of the way of another rock but pitying the poor owl it did hit.
"Maybe you should try it on smaller less offensive things" she said to him as she stood up, "sorry for laughing but yeah, I was impressed but funny factor of you falling got me too".
She looked at him hoping his ego wasn't crushed as it was want to do at the smallest provocation from her these days.
"Are you going to show me how?"

"I really don't know how I do it, I just concentrate on the object coming to my hand and call out ACCIO!" Brian said waving his wand. He heard a loud screech and notice something falling towards him! It fell on top of his head screeching as it did so, holding the creature Brian notice it was "ATHENA!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back