The Glitz, The Glamour, The Fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Titus

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
The Great Hall looked stunning: List with gleaming white lights, the center of the room cleared for use as a dance floor, festive decorations hanging all around the room. Beautiful as it was, at this moment in time, it was as good as empty. Beth stood in her calf-length shimmering blue dress- her hair had grown quite fast and she had dyed it black for the occasion which further exaggerated her pale face and hazel eyes. She smiled as she noticed a few people looking her way, at the pad of parchment she carried, alongside a blue-feathered self-inking quill. She had come here, naturally, for pleasure, as she had never attended a ball before (having been too busy with other issues in her life- such as nerves) but Beth was also there to soak up the atmosphere, to write a little and to hopefully get a chance to speak with a few of the attendees.

It seemed as though she was in luck, for just then, several groups of students poured into the hall, each dressed differently to the next, each looking wonderful. Beth walked cautiously on her silver heels, hearing them tap lightly upon the ground as she headed in the direction of several students. She lifted her head fully to look at them, beaming a cheery smile. "Hello," she said politely, gesturing her pad of parchment and her quill, "can I get an interview- I'm writing for the Hogwarts Monthly."

Jennifer Wilkonson had never been a good dancer, or very graceful at all so spinning around on her heels with Sam hadn't been the easiest thing which was why the girl was glad when another girl asked Sam to dance. With Jenn's feet being sore and Sam being a sweet guy, they had both agreed to meet up at the next dance. So she found herself with the girls from her dorm room, talking about their breaks and plans to possibly meet up with one another over the break when they were interrupted by a girl that Jenn could not say that she had ever met before.

Perking an eyebrow up cautiously, Jenn nodded her head. "Yeah, sure." The rest of her friends seemed to shrug their shoulders as Jennifer glanced over to Sam from the corner of her eye and smiled inwardly. It was so great that they were friends and could spend time together like regular human beings without being the hormonal messes they had. Their relationship was just better platonic and there was absolutely no shame in thinking this.

Turning back to the girl, Jenn thought, quite humorously It's a good thing I'm not into a political career. It was no secret that people in politics often got fried by the media often, so she thought it was funny but then again, it likely wasn't to this pale faced girl standing ahead of her, in a much more innocent dress than she. With a skin tight, moss-green, thigh-high dress she left little to the imagination but she liked how she looked so the girl thought nothing of it as she introduced herself, "I'm Jennifer Wilkonson, by the way."

Gabrielle was excited. Due to circumstances she had not attended her two previous Yule balls. This time however now she was just putting the finishing touches to her makeup before looking in the mirror. Her roommmates had already gone down to the ball, but Gabrielle had stayed to make so last minute changes to her dress. The fact that it was blue made it clear that she was likely going to stand out, but the dress was safe, so it wasn't showing off much skin at all. It wasn't exactly tight either. She took one last deep breath before she headed down to the Great hall. She had heard that it had been decorated very well, she was overwhelmed by just how well it had been done as she walked into the hall with a group of others and looked around. She then saw a girl come up to her and ask for an interview. "I'm not sure why you would want one with me, but sure alright this could be fun" She said as she moved closer to her. "I'm Gabrielle Carmichael by the way" She added as she shook the girls hand.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the late post. First paragraph is aimed at Jennifer, second is at Gabrielle.

Beth was glad that the girl had introduced herself. Always a good sign. As for her dress.. Well, while Beth wasn't completely fond of the design, she did love the colour, and she made a note of this on her pad of parchment. She smiled to the girl, adding, "Beth Bastone," and giving her a friendly nod. "So, Jennifer, have you been to any of the previous Yule Balls? Are you here with anyone special? Do you prefer Quidditch or dancing?" Beth fired the questions away, her quill scribbling away at the pad of parchment. This was her first interview, and so far, Beth had everything positive to say about this pretty interviewee.

It was at that moment that Beth looked over and offered another girl an interview. Two interviews at once. This could get interesting. Beth extended a hand and clutched Gabrielle's briefly within it, before releasing and shooting a few questions in her direction. "Is this your first time attending the Yule Ball? Have you brought company? What do you think of the music? Nice shoes." Her eyes were flitting about the room, then over Gabrielle, then back over to Jennifer, whom she gave a warm smile. They both seemed like lovely girls, each something wonderful in their own way.

Jenn looked over at the younger girl, surprised that she was there. Jenn must not have noticed her, it certainly wouldn't have been the first time. As the girl, Beth, introduced herself she smiled politely. "Yes, I have. But I didn't go to them, for the last two years. Yeah I guess so. I'm here with my best friend, Sam Prince. I think he's pretty special but just as friends." Jenn grinned to herself and chuckled lightly at the last question. "Most definitely Quidditch. I'm not exactly the most graceful on the dance floor but on a broom, I guess I'm pretty good," she said modestly.

Gabrielle smiled slightly as the girl known as Beth, began asking her a few questions. She was more than happy to answer them ofcourse, as long as they were not bad questions. Though she couldn't help but to wonder why the girl was interviewing people. It was an odd place to go in her opinion. She shrugged and thought of how to answer the questions. "My first time attending a Yule ball? Well yes actually, even though I am in third year, circumstances had forced me into not attending the Yule balls of my two previous years." She told the girl as she looked around the room. "No I'm here alone unfortunately, unless you count my roommates ofcourse" She laughed slightly. She tilted her head slightly when asked about the music and listened to it for a second before answering. "Well, its music, I don't really have an opinion on it, except maybe that its not really what I would call dancing music" She said with a slight nod of her head. "Thankyou" She said in thanks to Beth's compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back