The Ghost in The Abandoned Classroom

Laura Bridge

It was rainy outside when Laura was studying her lessons in the library. She had read five books in three hours, spending her time there. After a couple of minutes, she had finished reviewing her lessons in the library and strode away, going back to the Ravenclaw Dormitory. The corridor was a bit cold because of the weather and Laura feels it. She hugged her books tightly and continued walking. Suddenly, while she was walking, she heard a voice but, the voice sounds like a lonely girl's tone. She wasn't about to follow it but her mind kept telling her that she must follow it. Laura became curious about it so, she followed the voice. She go downstairs and walked swiftly until she noticed the voice was going louder, didn't know were it came from but the voice was like telling her were it was hiding. She turned head to the right and saw a door. She walked towards it and opened. The door creaked. She starred at the room. "I bet this is the Abandoned Classroom..." she thought. She heard the voice again so she decided to enter. The room was dark and cold and Laura was a bit scared. She looked around and saw nothing and noticed the voice was gone. "There's nothing here." she said. So she look at the door deciding if she wanted to go away.

Seeing the raindrops were pouring down on the window while Edward was eating his lunch on the Gryffindor Table. It was quite boring as the raindrops were pouring down continuously so after he ate his meal, he stood up and walked away. While he was walking, he pulled his essay note from his pocket and was about to read it but the note suddenly flew away from his hands because of the wind. To his surprise, he followed the flying note by running very fast. He ran and ran as fast as he could but it seems that the note was flying swiftly so, he tried to jump but nothing happened.

It took Edward ten minutes of running until he couldn't see the note. He was very tired so he decided to sat on the floor for awhile. He was a bit anxious from losing the note. It was his assignment and he had just finished it while ago. If he had lost it forever, he will write another one. Just as he was sitting, he saw a piece of paper near the door. He starred at it until he realized it was his essay note. He felt relieved so, he stood up and walked towards it but, when he was about to reach it, it flew again and suddenly entered the dark room.

Edward stopped.

He looked inside the room and he knew what it was. "This is the Abandoned Room." he though to his mind. Well, it wouldn't be dangerous besides, the room wasn't forbidden. He was just looking for something. Since, the Abandoned Room was dark, he pulled his wand and said, "Lumos." and a light suddenly appeared on the last point of his wand. It was really hard to find his essay note but he still tried to look for it. While he was searching for it, someone opened the door. He suddenly hid under the table and whispered, "Lumos." and the light was gone. It was a girl, wearing black robes and holding some books. It was like, she was searching for something. Suddenly, Edward heared her voice, it was quite familiar, now he could see her face and it was doll-look-like. When the girl was about to leave, he suddenly called her. "Laura?" he called.

Just as Laura was about to leave, someone called her name that made her jumped. The voice was familiar. "Edward?" she called out, looking everywhere. She hugged her books tight hoping that it was her brother or anyone who can trust and not to scare her. She walked inside the room and pulled out her wand. "Lumos!" she said and started to look around again, and saw Edward was hiding under the table. "Edward, what are you doing here?" she asked.

Edward was getting uncomfortable as he was hiding under the table. He hid under there over five minutes and he wanted to get out. Well, he have to stand up now besides, he was sure that it was really Laura, she called his name. So, he decided to get out but, before he could do it, a light was flashing in front of his face. It was Laura's wand. "I'm hiding."he said not realizing if Laura knew what he was up to inside the Abandoned Classroom. "I thought it was a caretaker or a noisy poltergeist coming so, I hide." he explained. He crawled down under the table through the open space and stood up. "I'm looking for my essay note." he said looking around.

"Oh." Laura said. She took a deep breath and looked around again. It was still cold and it was a bit creepy inside the room. "Lost it?" she asked Edward. She looked around and was about to help him. "Let me help you." she said. She walked and walked until she go farther. The room wasn't comfortable to walk on. It was like, they were not the two who were inside. Laura feels her hair on her arm's skin were standing now even though she's not the only one and she have her brother together with her. She took a deep breath again and just keep walking and searching.

Edward was feeling bad that day. Something about the weather and it really made him gone in bad mood because all of his notes fell onto the mud and he will be busy to clean them up using magic. "Yeah, sure. Thanks." he said. He took a deep breath and pulled out his wand.

"Lumos!" he cast, and a light glowed at the end of his wand. He looked around but it was really hard to find. The rain outside was going to be worse. Raindrops were pouring heavily down the window until a thunder clapped in the sky. Just as he was searching, a cold air came through his arms. It was very cold as zero degree celsius that made him uncomfortable. The air was like a mist or something like fog.

It was a very lonely day for Carla. Floating around the dark room and do nothing but just sit on the floor. She was so miserable and never been a happy girl since she became a ghost and she really feel haunted or nearly like isolated. Her silver blue eyes were sad as her silver blonde hair moved slowly as she flew upwards.

No one tries to befriend with her besides, she always hid herself up and didin't want to show herself like a shy girl but, nobody knows that she really needed a friend. Her silver tears started to appeared on her eyes and it dropped on the floor. And she was like making a lonely girl's cry but not noisy. The sound was like a whisper. Just as she was trying to comfort herself, someone was trying to open the door. Carla became nervous so, she tried to hid under the big table.

It was a boy who entered.

Carla looked at him. She didn't know what to do but she noticed that the boy was searching for something. She looked around and saw a small paper. It took minutes before she tried to get it but, her silver pale gray hand just go through it. She sighed. So she decided to flew very fast towards the paper to make a wind so, it will just go over beside the boy so he will see it. But it was very hard to do it, she didn't want to see by a 12 or 13 year old boy. Suddenly, the door suddenly opened again. This time, it was a girl. She was like the same age of the boy who was searching for something. The paper didn't go to the boy successfully and since there was another student entered the room, Carla hid behind the big table. Later on, she heard them talking until she noticed that they started to find the paper again. Since Carla really wanted to help, she flew again trying the paper would move and she did it carelessly besides, she didn't know that the two students feel her already. She just keep flying as her bloody dress was blew by the wind and accidentally stopped in front of the girl a few inches high.

Looking over there and here. Laura was about to look to other place when she finally saw the paper flew in front of her a few inches away. So Laura decided to get the paper when she suddenly noticed that the air was getting colder and something shiny or bright was floating in front of her up high. Laura shivered. She looked up and saw a bloody ghost was floating. Laura hold her breath and let out a loud scream.

Carla shivered a bit. She didn't know why but, something odd. Why was she shivering? Was there something she didn't expect? Her heart was like it will blast in no time until someone screamed and saw the girl was looking at her. Her heart suddenly jumped and like it suddenly fell in a high cliff and let out a blast. She screamed too and flew and passed right through the boy and hid behind the curtain.

"Whoa!" Edward shocked. He was about to yell but instead of yelling, his eyes widened when he saw the ghost and heard it screamed. The ghost was very creepy because of her bloody dress that made Edward like he's almost going to fall. But after a few seconds he crashed onto the table and fell and sat down on the floor. And because of the ghost's bloody dress, she looks more different than the other ghosts inside the castle. She was like, she loves scaring people.

As Carla hid behind the curtain, she take a peek and saw the two students were starring at her. They were both scared as she noticed. She didn't meant to scare them. She's just a ghost who needs friends. She flew away behind the curtain and showed herself shyly. "I'm sorry, I didn't meant to scare you. I'm just helping you to get your lost note." she apologized with her windy voice.

Laura starred at the ghost, she was so shocked. She suddenly remembered that ghosts doesn't harm students or anyone. The look of the ghost was intensely scary that made her screamed. Laura heard her apologized but it seems, she was frozen on the floor. Finally, she stood up and looked up at her. "It's okay." Laura said, forgiving the ghost.

"Yeah, me too. It's okay." Edward said, pulling himself up from the floor, fixing his untidy hair. He sighed and took a deep breath. Yes, he was just shocked on the ghost's appearance.

Carla sighed. She thought that they were just run and leave her alone. She flew towards the empty space and introduced herself. "I'm Carla. The ghost who haunts here in the Abandoned Classroom. What's your name?"

The ghost seems friendly but gloomy. Laura thought to her mind. She starred at the ghost and walked closely to show that she's not scared of her because she noticed that the ghost became lonely when she and Edward was shocked to see her and they were like avoiding her. "I'm Laura, Laura Bridge." she introduced herself with a friendly smile, showing her right hand as a sign to shake it. But Laura knew that the ghost wouldn't able to shake it since her hand will just go right through her hand. So, she just showed her hand waiting for the ghost to touch it as a sign that she's ready to befriend with her.

"Edward Bridge." he said, staying on where he stand. Looking at the ghost curiously. This ghost was the most different among the ghost he had met.

Carla took Laura's hand but she was unable to shake it instead, she just touch it and felt nothing. Laura's hand suddenly felt cold but just then, she smiled friendly. Carla smiled back. "Nice to meet you, two." she awkwardly and suddenly looked at the two Bridges, "Oh, are you two are twins?" she asked.

Edward and Laura suddenly looked at each other and laughed. They knew that they were just playing as twins because they were almost looked like twins. The truth is Laura was only a year older than Edward but everybody thought that they were just in the same age. "Oh, no, not really." Edward and Laura said together with a small laugh. "Were just almost looked a like." Edward added.

Laura didn't know if she had expected this one. She was still laughing a little. "Where just closest siblings. And because of it everybody thought we are really twins." she explained.

They were siblings and they were really like twins. Carla suddenly remembered her best friend. Carla's friend, Luna Crescent was a werewolf. Luna always protect from everything and because of their strong friendship, she and Luna treated each other as twins since they had the hair color and skin tone.

Just then, as Carla looked at Edward, she suddenly remembered her childhood friend, Harold Locke who was her crush. She's not admiring Edward. She just remember her happy memories. Wishing, she did not died, wishing she tried to protect herself.

"You''re lucky." she said gloomily.

"Why, is there anything wrong?" Edward asked, becoming a bit more curious with this ghost. He had never seen a ghost who was very lonely for spending her whole day alone. However, Edward didn't intend to know her story more, really. He just want to befriend with this one, gloomy and almost isolated but, he was just a bit curious.

This time, Carla became more lonely as if it she was going to burst into tears but she suddenly controlled it. Didn't if she have to say it or not. She took a deep breath and flew away from them and sat on a table. "When I was alive... I always wear a floral dress with a smile." she said trying to complete the story, she really wanted to remember it. "I always see myself on a mirror turning around and around everytime I've got a beautiful day. I have two best friends. The first one was like my twin sister because we have the same type of hair and color and skin tone. The other one was my special friend. Me and my twin-like friend always read our favorite books together under the big tall tree and sometimes we had tea party for two every weekend. My other special friend always try to make me laugh and we always had a picnic. I always complete being with him.

"After school year, my parents always take me to the beach to have unforgettable bond. Sometimes they take me to the Quidditch World Cup and after a few years later, it was my last birthday happened in 1956. I suddenly died seeing my blood spluttered on the floor. Realizing it was a vampire while sipping my blood. I died without my last word for my love ones..."

A silver tear suddenly dropped on Carla's lap. She couldn't control it anymore. She laid her head back down and cry.

Laura and Edward were feel sorry about what had just happened to Carla. It seems that Carla didn't ever wish to die at her very young age. "We're so sorry." said Laura sadly.

At that moment, Edward felt something. He felt something that he wanted to help this girl. So he came to ask her. "So, w-what happened to Luna after you died? Have you seen her when you're not still yet haunting around this room?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back