The Gathering

Tasanee Ming

Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Tasanee walked towards the grounds excitedly, she was supposed to meet Tala at the Rosebush, he sent her a letter to meet her there, at first she feared that it was something bad but when she saw him earlier that day nothing had changed in his attitude towards her, she decided that it was a good thing.

As she approached she spotted Tala and a smile formed on her lips, and she blushed slightly as she felt her heart skip a beat. She gave him a little wave as she approached him, still too far away to say anything or see all that much.

[I hope that's alright.. and I'm sorry for my post]

(That is fine my dear)

Tala was was sitting down on the ground staring up at the sky. He had asked Tasanee to meet him here at the rose bush. He had thought it was the wrong thing to do, to send her a letter, for it may have given her the wrong idea. He actually didn't know if she was going to show. He wanted to ask her about the Tattoo on her arm. He's always wanted to know, but has never had the courage to ask her about it since it made her uncomfortable. He saw her approaching and waved back at her when she waved at him, a smile on his face.

When Tasanee reached him she sat beside him and gave him a warm hug and said, "Hi baby," her last word was of course in Russian as it always was when she called him that then she asked in a girlish tone "You wanted to talk to me?" Tasanee ran her fingers through her ink black hair with a soft smile.

(Lol I always quote.....opps)

Tala let out a small laugh at her greeting "Hello darling." He said in return, also in Russian. He returned her hug and kissed the top of her head lightly. "Yeah..." He started, not quite knowing where to begin with his question. Though he knew if he thought too much, she'd start to worry that something was wrong. "I was wondering if you'd tell me about your Tattoo...If you don't mind me asking, cause I know it makes you uncomfortable and all and I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable at all..." He broke off. He managed to say that all in one breath.

[lol no problem... now]

Tasanee beamed at Tala until he began speaking, a large frown formed on her lips and she said, "Why does it matter now? It never did before." Tasanee looked down at her tattoo with frustration and said simply, "It's my branding, it means I'm part of the Ming family, that I will support them, that I will do as the elders say, it's more complicated than that though." Tasanee squirmed away from Tala's arms, she wasn't feeling confident enough to be close to him now, she hated the darn thing.

Tala didn't want her to leave his arms. He bit his lip at what she said, She was branded, and had to do what the Elders said. Memories of their first meeting jumped to his mind, where he overheard her talk about the arranged marriage. Would she have to do that when the time came? Could Tala let her? Would they still be together then? He looked at the tattoo on her arm, a small amount of hatred in his eyes. Why her? He couldn't help but ask himself. She deserves so much more than that.

Tasanee looked at Tala and saw the hatred in his eyes and she snapped, "What? I tell you something important and you get mad at me!" Tasanee ended up speaking Taiwanese, as she usually did when she was angry, she just couldn't control her languages then. Tasanee turned her head away from Tala, feeling quite hurt that she shared something with him that no one outside of the family knew and he got mad at her.

Tala blinked at her, then narrowed his eyes "What did you just say to me?" He asked, calmly, not knowing what she said, and not wanting to make her more mad. How he wished he knew her native language. He didn't know why she got angry at him in the first place, he hadn't said anything! Hadn't done anything except ask her a question, that she didn't have to answer. He frowned, this wasn't meant to happen. He didn't want to get mad at her.

Tasanee blinked her hurt blue eyes then repeated in English, "I said: I tell you something important and you get mad at me!" Tasanee wrapped her arms around her legs glaring at her tattoo coldly, not wanting to see Tala's face, she had seen enough! She didn't want to see his expression, which she assumed was judgmental.

Tala blinked in surprise. "I'm not mad at you!" She thought he was mad at her? He looked at her and his eyes softened. He was only mad at her Tattoo and what it meant. He moved so he knelt in front of her. Gently he placed his hand over her Tattoo, which is where her gaze seemed to be. "Tasanee, look at me."

Tasanee winced slightly when Tala put his hand on her small snake tattoo and she ran her eyes up his arm, then onto his face but she did not look into his eyes, she was angry with him for demanding that she shared this with him and he judged her, it wasn't his business. "Amarante was right," Tasanee whispered to herself in Taiwanese.

Tala wasn't sure what she had just said, but from the sound of her voice, she didn't believe him. He bit his bottom lip and saw that she wouldn't look into his eyes. She didn't believe that he wasn't mad at her. Frustration built up in him and he took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. "Tassy...." He hesitantly moved his hand to cup her cheek, but stopped a few centimeters away, unsure what she'd do if he did touch her face at the moment. "I am not mad at you"

Tasanee raised her eye brow then asked in a hurt and an angered voice, "Who are you mad at?" She forced a weak smile but it formed into a frustrated frown then looked down, not bothering faking eye contact with Tala any more.

He took a deep breath and move his hand forward the last few centimeters and gently cupped her cheek. He moved her head up, so that he could look into her eyes. "The Tattoo is what I'm mad at." He said, not moving his hand away. "And what it stands for" He sifted slightly in his knees. "I'm mad that you are tied to this stupid thing" He said running a finger along the Tattoo. "But I'm not mad at you. Never"

Tasanee closed her eyes gently as Tala put his hand on her cheek then said, "Why? It just means that I'll obey the elders and I'm a Ming other then the marriage it's nothing too bad." Tasanee frowned slightly as she mentioned the arranged marriage she did not want to get married to the boy, he was so repulsive.

Tala was glad that she didn't want the arranged marriage to happen, he remembers her telling him about that. "It's just the whole doing what the elders tell you" He said trying not to get angry at the thought. "They'll tell you to get married, and you'd have to do it" and I don't want you too, that was what he didn't say, but he was sure that hing after his words. "It's like they've taken your free will away. Like if you really want to do something and they say no, you don't do it." To Tala it was a very cruel thing to do to a young girl, who had so many choices ahead of her and they cut them away.

Tasanee sighed gently then said, "I have to get married when I turn 18, there is nothing I can do with out loosing my whole family in the process, and possibly my arm." Tasanee looked down at her tattoo and frowned then looked up at Tala and sighed gently.

Tala moved his hand so that it covered as much of the tattoo as possible from their gazes. "Then...until you are 18...lets forget about it all" He said. It was painful for him to know that she had to get married at 18. He tried not to let that show in his eyes though as he looked at Tasanee, a weak smile on his lips.

Posting as Tasanee:

She sighed and her gazed trickled up to Tala's, seeing the pain in his, hiding her own with excellence, she was trained to hide her emotions, and had been very good at getting rid of those barriers but as of lately she had been bringing them back up more often. Could it be because she wasn't comfortable enough to show what she would be like if she wasn't a servant? If she didn't have an obligation to protect another girl in the clan. Tasanee looked at Tala blankly, her blue eyes not showing anything of her emotions at all, she just nodded her head in silence.

Tala for some strange reason felt his blood run cold when Tasanee looked at him. He wanted to know what she was thinking, what she was feeling. He removed his hand off her arm and set it down on his lap. "What are you thinking?" He wanted to know "You can tell me anything Tasanee, anything at all, and I won't judge you in anyway" he bit his bottom lip as he tried to search for anything in her eyes to see what she was thinking.

Posting as Tasanee:

Tasanee felt her arm become colder as Tala removed his hand from her tattoo. "What am I thinking?" Tasanee repeated, finding herself acting more and more like Amarante, more like how they were supposed to act, more like the servant she was. "I am thinking about.. barriers," Tasanee answered vaguely. She curled her bottom lip over for a second before firmly pressing her thin, pink lips together, and blinking her eyes and tilted her head to the left. She took a long silent breath, that added much to the awkward setting then answered, "There is nothing to judge of me, I am but a humble servant to the clan." She then looked Tala square in the eyes, waiting for a response.

Her eyes. They reminded him of something...someone....her sister. This blank stare was the same stare that her sister gave him the day she deceived him. When she mentioned that she was a servant, his eyes hardened. He leaned forward and placed her hands on her shoulders lightly. "You are not a servant Tasanee" He said looking at her "To me you are not a servant" he said softly, moving one hand to lightly touch her cheek. "You are much more than that to me"

Posting as Tasanee:

As Tala denied the truth Tasanee opened her mouth to respond, but stopped herself at his next words. When his hand touched her soft cheek she flicked her eyes to the ground for less then a second then back to Tala, just as before she took a slow breath, that sounded like a low grumble. Tasanee let her mouth open once more, but this time she did begin to speak, "There is nothing more to me then that."

Tala looked at her and let out a sigh. She wasn't going to change what she thinks is true, no matter what he said. But he won't stop trying to convince her that she is more that what she thinks she is. "One day you'll see that there is" He said leaning forward further, resting his forehead on hers. "One day I'll get you to see yourself how I see you...I don't care what it takes, or how long."

Tasanee looked at Tala blankly as he touched his forehead to hers, and she blinked once to let him know that she was changing back to how she had to act, she had to be this way, she was being to fast and loose with her emotions, she had to hide that again. She touched her hand to his shoulder and rubbed it once but the action was meaningless, it was more to get him to let her leave, she needed to find Amarante.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back