The Flu?

Daisie Riverwood

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
15" Almond wood with a stardust core
Daisie had been feeling under the weather for weeks no make that months. Fearing that she would get her students sick. Daisie had finally talked herself into going to the Hospital Wing. She had a fear of the place. It had a funny smell to the place. Deciding she would just do her best to not breath through her nose. Daisie opened the door to the wing. It was empty that was good. Taking a seat on one of the beds. Daisie looked around and wondered how long she would have to wait. Feeling her stomach start to grumble. Daisie knew what was coming next. Grabbing the nearest bucket. Daisie lost her breakfast or was it lunch? Daisie no longer knew anymore she was just tired of being sick and wanted someone to make her better.

Aisling hadn't had a very busy day that day. She'd had a few sprained ankles from first years who had-once again fallen into the trick step in the castle, one had fallen first, then the other, trying to see how deep the step went had placed their foot in deliberately, only to find it hurt to try and walk away, while you were knee-deep in an illusion. First years. They were so endearing-most of them anyway and so trusting, but they really did wear down your nerves, still she liked kids, so she didn't mind them, they were kind of nice to be around, so innocent, and with no hidden agenda.

She had just put the kettle on the boil when she heard a violent retching sound. She quickly placed the kettle on the counter and ran out into the Wing. "Professor!" she exclaimed, running over, and putting her arm around the woman. "Come on now, just take a seat here." she smiled, gently leading her over to one of the beds, and quickly summoning a bucket, in case she needed it. She used a quick cleaning spell on the used bucket and sent it into a stack with the others, in the equipment closet. "I'm Madame Finnigan-call me Aisling. How can I help?" she asked, summoning a chair and sitting beside the professor on a wooden chair, with a pretty cushion on the seat.

Daisie was very glad that someone most likely the nurse was here to look after her. Without the women Daisie was sure that she would have fallen. After she had finished with the bucket Daisie laid back on the bed. She was starting to feel worse and worse. "It's nice to meet you Aisling. You can call me Daisie. I'm still not used to the whole Professor thing." Daisie said with a weak smile. Her stomach was still hurting but it wasn't bad anymore Daisie was sure now more than ever she had a really nasty case of the flu. "Well you see it started maybe a month ago. I started getting sick and I can't seem to hold anything down. I don't have a fever but I must have some sort of bug. I just want it taken care of so I don't pass it along to my students." Daisie said as she sat up on her elbows. She felt a little bit better but knew that would soon go away like it always did.

Aisling smiled down at the Professor. She'd seen her at breakfast a few times, but nothing more. "Lovely to meet you Daisy." she smiled, her obvious Irish lilt brightening the atmosphere. "Now, let me check you out there, Love." she added, taking out a small light to check her eyes, not bloodshot. She then checked her forehead-no fever. she checked her pulse also, which was a little faster than usuall. she frowned, these weren't signs of a stomach bug. "Hmm." she mused, standing back.

"Have you been tired, or getting headaches?" she asked, as a sudden brainwave hit her, another reason why she may be feeling this way. "Also, have your breasts been sore?" she asked, that often happened near the beginning of a pregnancy, as did a quickening of the pulse, she'd have to take a urine sample before she could be sure, but she was pretty sure Daisy was pregnant. "Another thing, have you had any backaches?" she asked, plumping the pillow behind Daisy's head.

Daisie hoped that the doctor would figure out was wrong with her and fast. The small bright light in her eyes made Daisie see white spots after it was done. After a few more things the nurse frowned and said hmm. Daisie couldn't help but start the feel nerves. "Is there something really wrong with me Aisling?" Daisie started to get worried. What if there as something seriously wrong with her? How would she be able to tell James? They had only been together for a few months. Daisie loved James very much and she didn't want to lose him just yet.

Aisling started asking her question and Daisie started to think about it. "I have been very tired and I do get headaches from time to time." Daisie said thoughtfully. Looking down at her chest. Daisie bit her lip. "A little bit." Daisie couldn't help but wonder what was going on. As Aisling fluffed her pillow and asked her about backaches. "Yes I have. Now what do you think is wrong with me?" Daisie asked panic starting to set in.

Aisling smiled at Daisie, as she asked what was wrong. "No, nothing very wrong." she replied, taking out her wand she asked. "Do you want a cup of tea?" She had the kettle on the boil, and she could summon it within moments. She went into her office and took out a small plastic container.

She nodded as Daisie answered her questions. She could've guessed as much, Daisie was most likely pregnant, hopefully the Father would be there for her. She knew people who had children, and had a hard time raising them on their own. "I think I do know what's wrong with you." she replied, sitting down, and looking Daisie. "How long is it since your last period?" she asked, and then added. "I think you're pregnant Daisie, I'll have to get a urine sample, and test it, but I'm pretty sure." she added, not wanting to make any promises. She smiled at Daisie, hoping she was bearing good news.

Daisie was on the edge of her seat. This was so nerve wracking. What could be wrong with her? The nurse tried to make her feel better when she said it was nothing very wrong. Daisie wanted to scream in frustration. "Your making me nerves." Thinking about the offer of tea. Daisie wasn't sure if she wanted it or not. "Yea sure tea sounds alright." Daisie said finally deciding to go with tea.

Looking at the plastic container. Daisie raised a eyebrow. What was the nurse going to do with that. With so many thoughts going through her head. Daisie just wanted to know what was wrong with her. If she knew what was wrong she could go from there. Aisling said she thought she knew what was wrong with her. Daisie sat up. "Whatever it is tell me. I can take it." Daisie said almost bouncing in her seat. The question about her period caught her off guard. When had she had her last one. Sitting there thinking about it she wasn't sure. "Erm maybe two months ago." Daisie said as she thought about it a while longer. Than Aisling said the one thing that had never even crossed her mind. "Me? Pregnant? That would be amazing. James would be so excited I'm sure." Daisie wondered how the child would turn out. Her being a Astronomy Professor and James being a Potions Professor yes this child would be special. Taking the cup from Aisling, Daisie rushed to the bathroom to fill it so it could be tested. Returning shortly with the cup wrapped in a napkin. Daisie placed it on the stand next to the bed. "Well go ahead test it. Please hurry this is going to drive me crazy until I know one way or another." Daisie said as she started to pace the room.

Aisling grinned at Daisie. so many new Mother's acted like this at first, nervous and not knowing what was going on. "Don't be nervous, there's nothing wrong-at all." she replied, as she took out her wand. She caused the kettle to pour out the tea and summoned a cup. "Here you go, Love." she smiled, hadning it to Daisie, and sitting down in the chair beside her bed once more.

Aisling's smile broadened as Dasie seemed pleased. "I have some books about pregnancy if you want them?" she added, as Dasie ran off. When she returned, Aisling took the cup carefully and took it into the offie. A quick spell revealed that Daisie was in fact pregnant. A month or so in fact. She smiled and walked back into the Wing, having disposed of the cup. "Congratulations, your going to be a Mother." she announced "You'll need plenty of rest, and you should eat lots, because you're supporting two people." she smiled, summoning some books on pregnancy. "These should help-you're about a month on now, so you've only eight months to go." she grinned, Daisie the books.

Daisie held onto the cup for dear life she was so stressed out. Waiting for Aisling to come back and tell her if she was in fact going to be a mother or not. Daisie couldn't think of a single moment in her life when she wanted to have a family but ever since she had started dating James she wanted the whole thing. A husband, kids and maybe a dog. Things sure had changed since she had first started working her at the tender age of twenty or was it nineteen? Daisie no longer knew anymore.

Finally after what seemed like forever. Aisling finally came back. Daisie felt like her heart was going to explode when Aisling told she was in fact going to have a baby. "Ohmygosh! I am so excited. I can't wait to tell James. Hopefully he'sin his office." Daisie said bouncing in her seat. Listening as she was told to eat a lot Daisie giggled she already ate a lot so that was not going to be a problem at all. Taking the books Daisie started to look over them. "Okay so I got the books. I have to eat more. Is there anything else I need to know?" Daisie asked, she was so excited about this but knowing her if she didn't know all the facts she would get lost and confused along the way.

OOCOut of Character:
Daisie is actually two months along but that's okay. :D

OOCOut of Character:
Opps-sorry :)

Aisling grinned as Daisie became excited. "I'm sure he'll be delighted." she smiled, James? Was that the professor she'd met a few weeks ago? He'd seemed like a nice guy, the first person she'd really talked to in the school, after working there for over a year She was very happy for both of them. "You have seven months to prepare, so rest a lot, and go for regular check-ups, to make sure everything's okay." she advised, as Dasie became excited. "Just read the books, they'll tell you everything you need to know." she smiled at Daisie, she loved babies, and she knew how excited Daisie must be, but maybe a bit nervous also.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for rubbish reply :/

Daisie nodded her head. She was sure that she could handle it. If not there was James and her new friend Aisling. Looking at the books Daisie hoped that she would be able to read them. She had a hard time reading anything that wasn't a Astronomy book. Looking at her watch Daisie saw that it was breakfast. "You know if I go now. I can make it to the Staff Table and catch James." Daisie gave Aisling a hug. "Thank you so much for everything." Daisie said with a huge grin on her face.

OOCOut of Character:
It's fine to both things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back