The First Step

Cecily Kiernan

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Somehow, in all her wanderings, Cecily had arrived at the north tower. She looked out the window for the first time, instantly knowing that this place would become her haven. She walked slowly and sank down to the edge of the window, resting her head against the stone. For once, the tiny girl was silent, just looking out the window and taking in the view rather than occupying her mind. She was amazed at the beauty of the scenery, allowing herself to finally really relax for the first time since she had arrived at Hogwarts.

Jude was once again exploring. As a muggle born, Hogwarts fascinated him, though he would never admit so out loud. Trying to find a good hideout, Jude climbed higher and higher, finally arriving at the north tower. Thank God I'm in shape or I would have never made it up all those God forsaken stairs he thought to himself, Why the heck would I choose to do that, what was I thinking? He cast his eyes around the tower, glancing out windows until finally they rested upon a young girl. Well, at least the view up here is worth it. Smirking, Jude let himself take in the picture of future beauty that was in front of him. Small with tanned skin, wavy black hair tumbling down her back.... She was a knock out already and they were only eleven. "I hope your not planning on jumping." he said, tying to strike up conversation. It was then he saw her eyes, the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen, the turquiose blue peircing into his very core. Well Jude old fellow, nows your chance. The first step to anything is friendship, so get crackin. Looking into the girls eyes he simply said, "I'm Jude"

Cecily turned around in suprise at the voice of a boy coming from behind her, eyes shining with wonder before a slow smile crawled across her face. The boy was tall for thier age, his figure suggesting what he would look like older. His shaggy messy hair was dark, tossled slightly by the breeze that whipped through the tower and his deep hazel eyes were warm an friendly. "There's not really much you can do if I do jump, now is there Jude?" she said with a playful smirk.

If there was one thing Jude was good at, it was matching someone in playful banter. Not only matching, but beating. Without a seconds hesitation Jude ran up and threw his arms around the pretty young girls waist, crying, "Oh please fair lady! Don't do this to my poor soul, for now that I've seen you I cannot live without your magical presence!" Then, leaning in closer he whispered into the girls ear, "You still haven't told me your name love."

Cecily gasped in suprise as she felt the boys arms slip around her, only to laugh seconds later at his outburst. She felt herself shiver slightly as the boy whispered in her ear, but being who she was, she decided to fight fire with fire. Cecily let herself slip off the ledge, simultaneously turning so that she now faced the boy whose arms were around her before putting her hands on his shoulders and leaning in close. With her mouth so close she was sure the boy could feel her breath on his neck she whispered, "At what, pray tell, makes you think you deserve to know it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back