The first meeting

(((i work but i should be in and out so keep rping and i will add comments here in their or i will be on at night so keep introducting yourself look around.)))

(((I will actually be out also. I will be back on Tuesday.)))

Lily finally found the room that she was searching for. She tried to be ontime, but couldn't get the gist of how to get to the room of requirement. She felt silly walking in late, but then relaxed as she entered. It didn't look as though things have started yet.

"So sorry I am late! " she said, looking around. She noticed a few faces that she knew already.

"Hey Zoe-Hope! Hi Kendall!" she said. Then she held her name out to the girl that she didn't recognize.

"Hi. I'm Lily Potter."

Zoe noticed another girl came into the classroom, and noticed it was Lily, her fellow teammate. "Hey Lily, " she said happily, for she was excited to begin.

Kendall noticed a girl walk into the room.. and knew she recognized her.. 'o right, that's lily' she thought to herself... "Hi lily!" she replied... she thought lily might be late because of the fact that this room was quite hard to find... in fact, it had taken kendall quite a while to find the room herself....

Naomi also noticed the girl. Although she rarely showed it, meeting new people was often hard for her. But she worked up the courage to introduce herself.

"Hi I am Naomi! I don't believe we met." she said.

Kayla walked into the room as quietly as posibble. she was a little worried that they would be mad that she was so late. This room was definitly not easy to find.

"Nice to meet you Naomi." Lily said to the girl. She noticed that another girl walked in after her. This made Lily feel better, knowing that she was not the last one there.

After introducing herself to Lily so noticed a older hufflepuff walk-in. She really didn't know her well but she was nonetheless excited to see her.

"Hi I don't know if you remember me but I think you helped me buy my wand!" she said excitedly.

Cecily looked down at the letter in her hands closed her eyes and walked three times back and forth thinking hard. A door appeared, she went through and saw students gathered.

Clearing her throat, she said,"Hello, I'm Professor Rambolt, some of you have had me for Herbology. Since this is a student club, we'll all use first names. So,"she clapped her hands together,"how about we start with a round of introductions? I'll go first."

"My name is Cecily, I'm the Herbology professor here, I just got married,"she grinned,"and I've been asked to take over the Wild Patch club. Unfortunately, Professor Forrest had an emergency and has been called away from school. Who'd like to go next? After we're done introducing ourselves we can get started with some fun."

"Hi Professor... i mean cicily... it's nice to meet you... I'm kendall. I'm a first year in Gryffindor." she said shyly, waiting for someone else to introduce themself...

Zoe cleared her throat, got up and said, "Hi, I'm Zoe-Hope, people just call me Zoe, and I'm a first year Slytherin." She said and sat down again.

"Hi. My name is Lily and I am a first year in Ravenclaw." Lily said with a smile at her new Herbology professor.

"And I am Naomi Thomas" she said with a smile and a small wave.
"I am a fisrt year Hufflepuff. It is nice to meet you Prof. Cecily!"

"It's very nice to meet you all!"Cecily said, clasping her hands together and grinning at them. "I'm very excited about our club. Does anyone have any suggestions on what you'd like to do in this club?" she asked, looking around.

(Sorry about flaking there for while, but I'm onboard now and ready to make this a fun club!)

Kendall didn't really have any ideas, except for to learn a few basic charms and spells, so she just sat there quietly and waited for the others to answer the professors question..

Naomi raised her hand to speak. "I would really like to learn how some common spells can be used to aid in the planting process. I would also like to learn more about magical flowers."

"Wonderful, Naomi. We can certainly hold a meeting about that. It's very important to know about charm and spellwork that relates to Herbology." Cecily clasped her hands together.

"I'd like to get your thoughts on a few things before we end this meeting today. What would you say to holding an election? We could vote for President, vice President, secretary, and so forth." She looked around at them, trying to gauge their reactions.

"I'd like to open the floor for nominations." She looked around at them to see what they thought.

"Also, I'm organizing a wheelbarrow race for all years and I'd like for us to sponsor it. We could hopefully get more members out of it too. It was Miss Hilary Grace's idea in an Herbology lesson," she smiled.

Zoe was confused at this thought. "Wheelbarrow Race? How would that work?"

Cecily smiled and clasped her hands together. "Well, we'd have everyone sign up first. Once everyone has signed up and the list is closed, then we'd take everyone's names and pair them up. That way everyone gets to know everyone else, there's alot of mingling, and good natured rivalry between friends."

(OOC: I'm working out a way to keep everything organized, but fun. ;) )

(Well guys, looks like no one is really signing up, I've only gotten 4 officially, so here's what we're going to do.

Instead of everyone signing up and then us pairing them off, I've sent out invitations to all the staff and invitations have been sent to HoH's to post in the common rooms. I've sent one to our Headmistress to put in the announcement for School news. I've changed it in the greenhouse.

So what we'll do is be there for the first post, instruct people on how the races work, and let them pair up and go crazy from there! That way everyone can still mingle and have fun and we'll supervise and help people too. I'd like everyone of us to be present that way we can race, socialize and let everyone know about our club! I think it'd be a good way to promote it and to hopefully gain new members.

I'm closing this topic, I think this meeting has been opened for too long now. I'd like everyone to PM me with what they think this club should be about, that way I can do some thinking and get us organized.

Our next meeting will be held after the races are over, before exams, to regroup and see how we did. Also, at that meeting we'll vote for the positions in the club.
I know I said we'd vote for the student leader of the club, but I've given it alot of thought and with me being busy in RL & with classes I thought it'd be best to have someone as the leader that I can trust to get things done. I'll reveal that at the next meeting after we've talked more.

Thanks guys, meeting dismissed!) =D>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back