The Final Flight at Hogwarts

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
It was chilly as James walked onto the pitch wearing a light jacket and some jeans. The Jacket itself was black and red and had a Gryffindor logo on it, though James only liked it because it was warm. James wore some black mountain boots as he waited for Kiera to arrive since they decided to practice a bit of Quidditch with each other, nothing hard just some friendly fun before the school year ended. James was a bit dissapointed that Gryffindor had lost the Quidditch Cup but knew they had done well for coming in Second Place. James pulled out his wand and cast a few bluebells to keep him warm as she began polishing his Canon Streak.

Kiera was dressed in a warm v-neck sweater with dark blue jeans. She had agreed to meet James on the pitch for one final practice. She was happy that he wasn't avoiding her like Alex was. Kiera needed the break from her studying. She walked out onto the pitch with her Streak in her hand. She saw James already in the air. Kiera smiled at the sight of him. James was so handsome. He looked so comfortable in the air. She couldn't help but wonder if she looked that comfortable in the air. Kiera hopped on her broom and rose into the air. She flew to where he was. "Hey!" she greeted him a little lamely. "You really are something in the air." she marveled.

"No way" James said with a slight smirk "I look like an ogre" James said as he flew a little closer to her "you look like an angel" James said as he leaned over on his broomstick and kissed her on the cheek. James then grabbed onto the tip of his broomstick and smiled towards her "I needed a break from the NEWTS" James said as he stared at her "oh and your it!" James laughed as he dove very fast towards the ground narrowly missing it. James turned his broomstick to the right so that he could feel his left shoulder skimming the ground as he flew up and towards the SSA goal hoops wondering if Kiera was going to be able to catch up. Tag seemed childish but had alot of merit when it came to being a Chaser, James used to play like this with his siblings all the time when he was younger and still enjoyed it. James especially enjoyed this type of tag since it would be with just him and Kiera and they wouldn't have to think about anything else.

Kiera laughed as James said he looked like an Ogre. There was no way James would ever look like an ogre. Kiera blushed as he said she looked like an angel and then kissed her on the cheek. There was no way around it, Kiera liked James, but he would be leaving soon. Kiera laughed as James told her she was it. She had loved the game of tag but had never played it on broomsticks. Kiera took off after James. She smiled widely as she was catching up to James. Kiera could almost touch James's broomstick. Then she got an idea in her head. Kiera kicked her leg over so that she was sitting sidesaddle. Kiera waited until the right moment before jumping into the air. She caught James's broom with her hands, like she would on the uneven bars. Kiera swung herself up onto his broom. She kissed his cheek. "Gotcha!" she said playfully. She summonded her broom back to her, before jumping back onto it.

James couldn't help but smile as he felt Kiera's kiss touch his cheeks, he could definitely get use to this as he swung his broomstick around and began going after her. James knew one trick that would definitely be fun to try out as he he began flying in a corkscrew type of way. It required more speed but his broomstick was capable of performing it as James moved from behind Kiera all the way around her. James ended up over her as he used his leg's muscles to swing himself so that he was hanging from his broomstick via his legs. He gave Kiera a quick Peck on the cheek as he broomstick began to slow down and said with a brilliant smile "Your it!" as he quickly remounted his broomstick the proper way and began racing in the other direction knowing that he would need to move faster if he was going to avoid Kiera, not that he really wanted to avoid this little game.

Kiera laughed as James flew around her. It reminded her of a roller coaster. She grinned at him as he hung upside down above her. She would be lying if she said she wasn't impressed. A natural blush rose to her cheeks as he kissed her again. For a moment, she was dazzled. She couldn't help but like him. Kiera grinned as he kicked his speed up another notch. Kiera flew furiously to catch back up to him. She stood up carefully on her broom, keeping her balance easily. She got up even with James on his broom. Kiera did a front tuck off her broom and on to James's broom. She ran her hands through his hair. "On contrary, your it!" she said grinning at him. She flipped backwards off his broom onto hers. It had fallen slightly, Kiera landed perfectly, like she would on the beam. She mounted again, like she should be riding it. Kiera stuck her tongue out as she flew away from James, glad he didn't worry about her in the air like her brother and Alex did.

James had to admit he enjoyed her flying skills and was glad she could get some practice in that muggle sport she enjoyed. James may even watch a competition this summer if he could find the time. James flew after her deciding how he should come back with that last move of hers. James had an idea that was absolutely mad but would be very fun to try as he began flying high into the air, he could feel the coldness on his cheeks as he dived right on top of Kiera flying downwards very fast, James turned slightly so that he would directly crash into her but instead move smoothly next to her as he began slowing down he brushed her cheek with his hands and smiled at her, narrowly avoiding crashing on the ground as he quickly recovered the adrenaline fully pumping in his veins now. After that breathtaking move he was sure Kiera wouldn't have anything that would trump it.

Kiera's breath was knocked out of her she thought he was going to crash into her. Surely he isn't that careless... she thought fleetingly right before he moved to the side of her. She couldn't help but laugh as he brushed her cheek. She had shivers down her spine as she felt his fingertips. He smile made her want to melt. Kiera gave him a charming smile back. "Impressive." she said before he flew away.

Kiera racked her brain as she tried to think of a move that would top his. It was ridiculously hard to do but she thought she might of thought of one. Kiera smiled to herself, it would have to be timed just right. She placed her hands on her broom, and flew in a T motion towards James. She dropped down so that she was just holding on her broom just by her hands. She swung around in a full circle before letting go. She rolled up into a ball and flipped twice. Kiera had timed it so she landed on James's broom perfectly behind him. Kiera laughed. "Beat that." she said, still standing behind him. Her broom had almost touched the ground.

"I dunno, if I can" James admitted as he surprisingly put on a burst of speed while watching that Kiera didn't fall off. "I sure will try though!" James said as he began flying once more high into the sky. This was daring even for him but with the adrenaline flowing through his veins, James couldn't help but feel a bit invulnerable. James hoped that Kiera was holding on otherwise this next maneuver was going to be tricky to explain to the Professor's. Kiera was smart though and James was sure she'd be alright as James began to arch over "Hold on tight with your legs!" James yelled as he tightened his own legs and felt his hair begin to stand up. The broom was going to be moving upside down while James let go quickly enough to turn himself around so that he was facing Kiera directly.

This put a strain on his leg and back muscles but was worth it as James could see the broom flying towards the ground not too fast but not slow either. James looked towards Kiera and placed a hand on her cheek as he leaned in and began kissing her fully aware of the fact that death was coming in the form of the ground. James had to figure out the exact time to stop and pull out otherwise they would be Gryffindor Pancakes. James released his lips from Kiera's as he quickly maneuvered back into a controlling position. They were still upside down which posed a particular problem as James felt the blood rush to his head, James pulled out of the upside twirl in time to avoid hitting the ground but unfortunately they were now heading for the Gryffindor Stands and he didn't have enough time to get out of the way. Instead James put on a burst of speed as he and Kiera went through the cloth and back into the air, bit of yellow and red on his clothes, James cocked his head "how was it?"

Kiera quickly sat down behind James as he push his broom forward in a burst of speed. Kiera grinned as he said he would try and and beat her. Kiera knew that this would be good though she couldn't help but wonder what it was that he was going to do. She listened though when he told her to hold on. Not only did she hold on with her legs, she wrapped her arms around his waist, not too tightly though. The blood pulsed through her veins. She hadn't ever ridden double on a broomstick. Kiera grinned as James flipped the broomstick and flipped himself to face Kiera. She was truly amazed.

Kiera didn't worry about crashing, even though what they were doing was dangerous. Kiera had complete faith in James. He would not let her get hurt. Her heart raced as he kissed her fully. It was really a pleasurable experience. Kiera pouted slightly as James pulled away from her, but she knew it was necessary if she didn't want to be squished against the ground. But they didn't miss the Gryffindor stands. Kiera tucked herself behind James to avoid being hit, her arms wrapped a little tighter around his waist. She smiled as James asked her a question. "Amazing." she said, dazzled. "I haven't ever flown with someone on a broom. But I really like it if its always like this." she said, grinning. "I think you win." she told him.

James flew back around into the stands they had just went threw and began to land towards the ground near Kiera's broomstick, "It seems to always be that when people are with me" James said with a slight smirk. He hopped off the broomstick and turned towards Kiera "though I like this better then flying" James said as he began kissing her once more. It was strange but in a good way, even though James still didn't know exactly what he and Kiera were. James parted his lips and looked at her "the school years almost over and I'll be heading back to London" James said quietly wondering how Kiera was going to take this, "you still like Alex right?" James asked knowing already what he wanted to say to her "If you want to be with him, I'll completely understand and we can just be friends" James said though not sure if the latter part was true.

Kiera hopped off James's broom easily. She was still amazed by what had just happened. Kiera frowned slightly as he said it was like that when people were with him. She wondered just how many girls had fallen for that same trick. Kiera's thoughts were interrupted as James began kissing her. She had to admit that she too, like it better they flying. Something just clicked when Kiera was with James. She smiled at him as they parted. Kiera felt her heart sink slightly as James began to talk. She had known something like this was coming but yet, she wasn't prepared for it. Kiera frowned slightly as he talked. What did she want? "I do still like him." she admitted slowly. Kiera's brown eyes met his with questions. "I don't know what I want. Though I doubt he would even forgive me now." she said, knowing that she hadn't spoken to him since the morning after the tower. "Is that what you want? For me to be with Alex?" she asked him, looking up at him. Kiera knew that it wasn't the right time for her to be with James. He would be off in the real world while Kiera was still at school.

"I didn't say that" James said rounding on her a bit, "Honestly I would rather you be with me, but..." James said knowing that he didn't want to finish the sentence. "I just don't want you being around Alex holding yourself back because of me" James admitted "It wouldn't be fair for either of us and in the end we'd probably end up resenting each other for it" James said with a tone that was wiser then he would ever be. James was close to Kiera now as he wrapped his arms around her and felt his cheek brush past her's. "This is not just some fling" James said quietly, "It's more then that and to prove it, we'll wait" James said as he looked into her eyes their cheeks brushing past as he did so. "If it's going to happen then it'll happen when it's right" James said as he leaned in and kissed Kiera again. This kiss was not like the others, there was passion but no desire in it. Instead their was a sadness almost like a lament as James parted his lips from hers "you know me, I'm always good for a surprise" James said with a smile as he turned from her and began walking away slowly making sure to grab his broomstick as he did so.

Kiera listened to James's words carefully. He seemed to really care about her. She knew that he did. Kiera's heart froze as he said that he would rather her be with him. He spoke with maturity as he continued. Kiera knew that he was right. She leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her. Relief flooded through her as he said this was not a fling. Kiera had know that but it made her feel better to hear him say it outloud. Kiera kissed James back know this would be the last time, possibly forever. He might fall in love with some girl on the road. She knew that this was her real reasoning not to be with him."You're right." she said, a tear trickling down her cheek. He was completely right. "I'll miss you." she told him before he left. Kiera returned to her broom and flew into the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back