The end of another day

Kira Carter

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Chestnut Wand 13" with a core of Essence of Unicorn Hair
Throwing her bag over her shoulder Kira straightened down her jumper and exited the Ministry of Magic. Normally she would use the Floo Network to take her back to her flat but she didn't feel like it today. No, today was such a lovely Spring day she decided to take the long way home, plus a bit of walking never hurt anyone. As she made her way down the street she smiled as the sun beamed down on her face. This was one of the things she loved about living in New Zealand, it was warm at the right times of year, unlike back home in England.

Checking the time she saw that it was still fairly early. Sure she had gotten the day off the Ministry early so she could get back to the shop to get it set up for the Brightstone Weekend where the students were able to come down, but she didn't want to spend the rest of the day in the stuffy shop. Figuring Jasmin would have a fair about of the shop tidied already, hence no reason to rush home, she sat down on a shaded benches under one of the big trees. Setting her bag on the ground beside her she kicked off her heels and let the sun hit her bare legs as she sat back and leaned against the tree. She was in heaven.

Andros knew the Brightstone weekend was around this sort of timing and he decided to see if his cousin, Larissa, was lurking around the village.
Yes, she had smashed various objects over his head in the past but that didn't stop him caring.
He liked Larissa and thought of her as a very misunderstood girl.

Andros could see no sign of Larissa and decided to sit down for a while, joining a woman on a bench in the shade.
He smiled over to her, not speaking for a moment because it felt almost intrusive.. But after a moment, Andros opened his mouth to speak. He had been lucky enough to have that day off and he wasn't going to waste it being anti-social.
"Sorry, but do you know if it's the Brightstone weekend for Hogwarts students? -I was hoping to see my cousin.."
It was quite early in the day anyway for the students to go to Brightstone- Larissa was probably in her lessons.

Kira closed her eyes as she got relaxed, she warned herself not to get too relaxed for she had to get up soon enough. Signing at the thought she felt someone sit beside her, shrugging she didn't move, she didn't mind other people sitting beside her - it was a free world. Hearing the person start off a conversation Kira opened one eye to be sure that the man was talking to her. When she saw that no-one else was about she listened to his question.

When he finished she sat up and replied, "It is indeed." she said with a smile. Despite it meaning extra work for her she did enjoy seeing all the children about, the place was always quiet during the school term. When the man informed her that he was wanting to see his cousin she checked her watch, "Well they don't normally start coming until after lunch so you still have a little over an hour to wait." she explained. "What year is your cousin in?" she asked, not meaning to pry.

Andros smiled when the woman answered.
She seemed pleasant enough and quite attractive too.
"Thank you." he said before hearing her question.
"She's in her third year now.. A Slytherin.. Although I think she would have made a good Ravenclaw."
He shrugged a little before making eye contact.
"Do you have any siblings? I'm an only child so I've bonded closely with my cousins."
He hoped he wasn't intruding with this.

Kira nodded as the man informed her that his cousin was in third year, "Well might I suggest heading over to the new Mall. Third years and up are allowed to go over there and it seems to be rather popular with them." she told the man, hoping she was being helpful enough. Laughing lightly as he spoke of houses she responded, "Ravenclaw is the best house, but I might be biased in that subject." she said with a small wink.

"Aw that's sweet." she said to the man with a kind smile. When the man asked her about siblings she nodded her head, "I have four actually. All younger than me. The oldest is in his last year of Hogwarts in England and the youngest, well she lives here with me." she said with a small grimace. It's not that she didn't love having Jasmin about but her situation was always a bit touchy. "She's a squib you see, so we thought it best that she don't stay at home and see her twin brother go off to Hogwarts without her.They're inseparable." she said shaking her head with a laugh.

Blushing lightly after she finished talking she realised how much she told the man, who was after all a stranger to her. Lowering her head she giggled, "I'm sorry, I tend to ramble. My names Kira, Kira Baxter." she said holding out her hand for the man.

Andros listened to the woman's words, taking in every one of them.
He nodded when he heard about one sibling being a squib.
"Nothing wrong with a squib," Andros said casually, smiling.

He took the woman's hand and shook it lightly.
It was very soft.
"I'm Andros, Andros Carter.. And you're not rambling. Trust me. My aunt can ramble for hours non-stop."
He gave a slight wink.

Andros tilted his head to a side for a moment.
"Haven't I seen you before?" he asked, frowning a little as he tried to place the face. "Around the Ministry- I'm Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Representative.."
He did feel he aught to recognize the woman but he couldn't be sure- She was very beautiful and he felt that he would remember - he should remember - a face like that.

Kira nodded her head in agreement when he stated there was nothing wrong with being a squib. It was very true, even Jasmin didn't seem to mind anymore, not that it ever really effected her. Then again she was too young to understand some of the prejudice that squibs recieved from the magical community - at least this man isn't one of them, she thought to herself. Kira noticed how softly and gently he took her hand, it was a nice feeling. She giggled lightly at his words, blushing slightly as he winked at her, "Well that's good to know. But if it ever gets too much just tell me to shut up." she said with a laugh.

Seeing a frown upon his face Kira furrowed her eyebrows, had she said something. Hearing his question, Kira thought about it. "Oh!" she exclaimed happily, she barely knew anyone out of the Ministry - just faces - so it was always good to get to know the person behind the face. "I believe you have. International Magical Office of Law." she stated. Looking at the man she began to feel that it was familiar, a few glances in the elevator here and there. "So how long have you been in the Ministry?" she asked, glad that a new conversation topic came up.

Andros felt the conversation level starting to pick up.
He liked the vibe he was getting from Kira- It was quite a cheerful sort of vibe and it was the sort of cheerful earned through pain.
"About 11 months," Andros smiled.
He had never smiled this much, he was almost sure of it as the muscles in his cheeks ached behind this welcoming face.
"And how about you? Been at the Ministry long?"
He had not really taken time to notice Ministry employees before- He was always too busy with his work.

Turning her full body Kira was now facing Andros, she brought her legs up to the bench and sat Indian style. She figured she would need to make herself comfortable as the conversation seemed to be picking up. As she made herself comfortable she listened to him talk. As he asked her a question she let out a small sigh, now much more relaxed she answered, "Oh wow! Must be four years now." she said with a shrug. "Time flies when your having fun." she said with a laugh. "So where you from?" she asked, getting the general getting-to-know you stuff out of the way.

"Originally, my family comes from the United Kingdom.." Andros relaxed a little.
"I lived there until a little while back.. It's been quite some time since my mum died and I just felt that perhaps it was time I got on with my life.. Of course, I wanted to live near my only other family who had moved to New Zealand.. So I joined them." He gave a shrug and a genuine smile.
"It's a pity I could never find 'the one'," he said thoughtfully, "But I was so stricken with grief that if I had met her then I would probably have dismissed her.."
He then looked to Kira. He didn't think this was suggestive but after a moment he felt that perhaps she'd think he was trying to hint.

Kira beamed as Andros informed her of where he came from originally, "Really?! Me too. I'm from London, what about you?" she asked, glad that she had finally met someone she could relate to. She continued to listen to him talk, a frown noticeably formed on her lips when he spoke of his mother passing away, that was another thing they had in common, expect her father was the one that passes away, but that was sometime ago. "Understandable. For me it was more a case of getting away from my family, and become more independent." she responded, a smile on her features once again.

Kira listened to Andros speak once more, she found it a rather strange topic to talk about, especially one so out of the blue, but regardless she listened. Kira felt a great amount of sorrow for Andros, she knew herself about not finding 'the one' except she had but he was stolen from her, but she had long since got over this. Although it had always put her off searching again. She was astounded at his words, never had she met a man that seemed so willing about commitment, anyone she ever knew was simply afraid of it. "Aw Andros that is so sweet, yet sad at the same time. I'm sure someone is out the for you, you just need to look harder." she said placing her hand lightly on his shoulder, feeling a slight buzz as she did so - but she took no notice of it.

Andros beamed in return. "I'm from Kent- That's only what.. an hour away from London."
For a moment, he considered if they were destined to meet.
Andros felt the light touch of Kira's hand on his shoulder.
It was as if she was made of electricity and Andros found his insides suddenly awakening.
He looked down for a moment at his legs. They had suddenly become very jittery and were tapping as though he was waiting impatiently for something.
Andros had no idea what he was. He had his suspicions but he wasn't one to jump to conclusions.
But then, without warning, his mouth opened and words came out.
"Would you like to go for a meal some time?"
He almost kicked himself and immediately his face felt warm and his face darkened slightly with embarrassment.
"Sorry.. I mean.. You know.." He had to get a grip of himself, "Only if you wanted to.. I'd like to get to know you better."

Kira heard Andros' words and a smile spread across her pink lips, "I'd love too." she replied eagerly, with a small laugh as she noticed his slight embarrassment at asking the question.. It might have been too eager but it was safe to say that she didn't really have any friends at The Ministry, after all Alfred and Andy were too caught up in themselves to even acknowledge her any more, not that she minded though. Apart from that she knew a few of the local shopkeepers and had Jasmin to keep her company, Andros would be a welcomed change. "Um, would you mind doing it sometime next week, you know when the students aren't visiting the village? I'll probably be working and I'm sure you'd want to spend sometime with Larissa." she offered, hoping he wouldn't think she was putting it off.

Andros understood.
"Yeah.. Sure.. I could erm.. I could drop by some time next week when I'm not working and.. yeah."
He smiled a little awkwardly.
Time had really flown by while they were talking and Andros had several forms to fill in still for work.
He was also applying for a new job..
Andros stood, still smiling. "It was lovely meeting you.. I'll drop by next week." He gave almost half a bow to Kira before becoming red in the face with embarrassment and turning to leave.

Kira laughed softly as Andros got mixed up in his words, it was cute. "That would be great." she said in a soft tone, hoping to relax Andros a bit, they were both adults right? What was so hard about two grown people meeting up for a simple dinner? Watching Andros stand up Kira followed suit, she really should be getting back to the shop to help Jasmin out a bit. "Likewise Andros. See you soon." she said with a sweet smile before walking in the direction of her shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back