Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Mazikeen had been enjoying the freedom the school gave her. The gryffindor loved her parents but she couldn’t help but be glad to be a little free of their over protectiveness. It could occasionally just be a little too much for her to handle, but here at school, she didn’t even need to give that a thought, though her schooling time would be well regulated, she could explore, eat what she wanted, do what she wanted, more or less whenever she wanted. She could break the rules and then she’d be able to do that whenever she wanted, but the first year didn’t want to start off the year with getting into trouble. However her adventures through the school had made her late to lunch.

By the time Maze had arrived at the Great Hall there was nothing there, the table and food had all been clear away and there were just some people milling about, doing work, chatting with friends. Maze who was of course hungry decided she needed to get something to eat and she knew about the kitchens but had not of course been to them. It took her a little while to find, but eventually she got there. It was a little to her surprise, that she spotted a girl, whom she remember from sorting seemingly cooking, with the elves much further away, ”Don’t the elves just do it for you if you ask?” Maze asked as she approached the girl curious about what she was doing, why she was doing and why wasn’t she letting the elves do it.

The kitchens was definitely a place that Addison Thoreau found that was most like home. She spent some time in there earlier, but she was fiddling through the cabinets, looking to make some sort of pasta for lunch. She really wanted something with cheese and noodles, and all she could think about was pasta, which led her in there to begin with. Addie was stirring the pot full of spaghetti noodles, and had some bread in the oven with butter on it. She wanted to make garlic bread, but settled for toast instead. Addie lifted a noodle up in the spoon she was using, and blew on it to ensure that it would not burn her. She taste tested it, and jumped immediately in surprise when she heard a voice that did not sound like an elf. Nor a professor, so that was all good, right?

The Hufflepuff turned around with a noodle hanging halfway down her face, before she shoved it into her mouth and giggled. Addie shrugged, "Yeah, but I like cooking. I'm not the best yet, but this will give me practice. Plus, I don't want them to work harder than they already do." Addie gestured toward the elves. Addie did not want anyone to really cook for her, but during the three meals, she couldn't skip them and show up late every time. The professors might catch on to that. "I'm Addison by the way. Mom and dad call me Addie. I'm in Hufflepuff!" As if the robes didn't give it away already.

The young gryffindor was surprised that this girl liked cooking, people could have odd hobbies like that sure, but she was her age? It was adults who liked cooking. Mazikeen liked messing about while in the kitchen, throwing flour, making a mess but cooking itself was something that she entirely enjoyed. Maze did however listen to what she was saying, ”Oh that’s neat! I think you’ll be amazing!” the girl assured her, Mazikeen didn’t know anything about her but she could assume that this girl would be good, that was the only reason why she would be able and willing to cook when the elves could do it, ”They’re supposed to cook for us, that’s their job,” Mazikeen told the girl again, but she wouldn’t stop her from doing what she wanted, if that was what made the girl happy then Maze would leave her to it. She was happy that the girl didn’t seem put off by her attitude, ”Nice to meet you Addie, I’m Mazikeen, or Maze, gryffindor!” she introduced back, ”What are you making?” Mazikeen asked her with a curious tone in her voice, if this girl was good at this, then Maze wanted to hear more about it, she wanted to eat a little of it too. Mazikeen was not a fuss eater, in fact she enjoyed most foods and she wanted to try what Addie was making. Certainly she could wait around for it, it wasn’t like she had anything better to do with her time.

Addie smiled when the Gryffindor mentioned that she would be amazing. Pink danced on her skin as the blood rushed to them. She hoped so, even though she was just making pasta. She did not have a lot of options without a recipe. After all, she did not bring any with her, which was a tragedy on its own. “Thank you! I hope to impress daddy. That’s all I want to do.” Addie knew that her father went through some disappointments, and hoped that she would be the apple of his eye one day (even though she already was). Addie’s smile faltered a little bit when she was reminded that it was the elves’ jobs to cook, and what they were supposed to do. Addie replied with a logical statement, “How can we feed ourselves outside of school if we don’t learn now? I suppose at home for a few weeks is fine, but that’s not enough! Not for me.” Addie had a passion, and it was very evident. “I am making spaghetti. I don’t know how to make a lot, but figured that this would be better than nothing. Portion control is hard, so when it is ready, you can have some too!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back