The DaniDame Wedding

Damien's heart swelled as Danielle put her hand in his. Ember's song ended, and right on cue, little Avaria began to play softly in the background as the minister began to speak. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate with Damien Gates and Danielle Corelli as they proclaim their love and commitment to the world. We are gathered to rejoice, with and for them, in the new life they now undertake together." Th short, balding man had the warmest smile and a round belly that was worthy of Santa Claus under his silk shirt. He gave a warm smile to both Damien and Dani.

"Damien, and Danielle, the relationship you enter into today must be grounded in the strength of your love and the power of your faith in each other. To make your relationship succeed it will take unending love. It will take trust, to know in your hearts that you truly want what is best for one another and to learn and grow together. It will take faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds. If you both come freely, and understand the responsibility and work involved to make your relationship thrive, and are committed to not only each other but your family, please take each other by the hands and reply 'we do.'"

Damien smiled warmly, and already having Dani's hand in his, he brought it to his lips for a soft kiss. "We do," he replied.

Dani tried to keep her tears at bay. She was all smiles from the moment she laid her eyes on Damien until they were together at front. The minister presided the rites for their wedding. The moment he said their names, she faced her husband-to-be, smiled and already teary eyed. She could not help the tear that fell when he kissed her hand. "We do.", she said, her voice above a whisper. She kept her gaze on him, could not believe that they were getting married.

The balding man smiled brightly, clasping his hands together. "Wonderful. The bride and groom have each handwritten their vows. Damien, if you would." Damien smiled nervously, biting his lip and turning to face Dani completely, taking both her hands in his. His heart beat furiously against his chest.

"Danielle..." He tried, but stopped, chuckling, "Dani," He smiled lovingly at her. "You are... the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I'm so happy I bumped into you that morning all those years ago." He blushed, looking down, running his thumbs over the backs of her hands. "You have always been one of my closest friends, my confidante, whenever the world turned against me, and I felt like I would drown in the darkness, you have always been there, a warm light, a port in the storm." He took a shaky breath, bringing one of his hands up to run his fingers gently down her jaw.

"You are kind, and beautiful, and I will spend every day for the rest of my life loving you. Adoring you. I want to hold you in my arms every night, rub you when you're sore, cook for you when you're tired. And when we're old, and gray, I want to sit in a porch swing in front of our home, and I'll look into your eyes and swear you're an angel." He smiled, bring her hands up and pressing a gentle kiss to her fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back