The Chaos Manor

"What?!" Isabella half yelled. "This is impossible! No. I forbid it, she absolutely cannot! Tell them she'll have to stay in her precious Muggle world. No, tell her it was a hoax, she can't go to MY school!" she said repeatedly. "No, that is my school, those are my friends," she began to mutter over and over. She ran her fingers through her hair now standing up and pacing the room. This was too much for her to handle. After pacing around for a bit more she finally stopped in front of her dad and crossed her arms. "I won't allow it," she said firmly, daring him to argue with her.

Charlie sighed; he was fed up. He was the adult in this situation and he didn't appreciate his 11-year-old daughter talking down to him that way. "That is enough young lady!" he yelled, easily overpowering her young, preteen voice. He was now standing, towering over her and said sternly, "Isabella, that is enough from you. It doesn't matter how you behave or what you say, nothing will change the facts. She is your sister, and she's going to Hogwarts New Zealand and to tell you the truth, she's here right now and she will be staying with us for the remainder of the year to get accustomed to the wizarding world!" He breathed heavily as he finished speaking and saw her staring up at him with a defeated look in her big, puppy dog brown eyes. "Ugh," he said sighing. "I love you Bella, but you can't always get your way Princess. Do you want to meet her?" he asked lightly.

Isabella half laughed at her dad. She knew she had lost, but it didn't mean she was going to give in to him. "Are you kidding me? I came home for this?" she said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes to fight back tears that she felt coming on and didn't want to let them see her cry because then they'd know they really won. As if she needed to be anymore clearer she half-yelled, "NO I don't want to meet her!" and choked up. She ran up the stairs to her room and slammed the door shut, locking it behind her and collapsed on her newly-made plush bed and cried into her pillow.

Pam had been quiet the entire time since she really had no say in the matter. She felt torn between all of them because she felt they all had good points to be angry, disappointed, or any other emotion. She thought of Wendy who must be listening in her room, with no trouble, thanks to Charles' and Isabella's yelling and felt horrible for her. Pam considered going into her room to help sooth her feelings with a nice bath but then thought of Isabella, probably crying, in her room upstairs and decided she was in greater need for serious comfort and sympathy, plus someone to rant to.

Pam came back to reality and saw Charles and Daphne whispering to each other with concerned looks on their face. "Excuse me," she whispered to the both of them and left the living room, making her way quickly up the stairs and heading towards Isabella's room.
"Izz," she said through the door quietly. "Izzie it's Pammy, open up please," she said while knocking softly. After a few more knocks and pursuasive words, Isabella finally opened the door, her face tear-stained. "Oh Bella!" Pam said, embracing her in a tight hug. "I know this must be awful for you! So much to take in all at once," she said, pulling back and tucking a strand of Bella's hair behind her ear. "I'm always here to listen to you," she said seriously, with concern in her face. "Or if you want, you can sleep on it, and we'll talk when you're ready and have had rest. You'll feel better afterward I bet," she said sweetly.

Isabella sniffled as Pammy talked to her. She didn't know what to do, she wanted to cry and yell at Pammy in hopes that all her yelling would make everything go back to normal. Somehow she was still hoping it was a joke but the fact that Pammy would be in on it was very unlikely so she knew it was completely true. Tears kept falling down her face as she was about to speak and her head throbbed painfully. "I think I'll just sleep for a bit," she said quietly, through sniffles. Somehow she hoped it was all a dream and when she woke up she'd still be in Hogwarts.
"Thanks for coming up though Pammy. I want to talk to you but I don't want to take my anger out on you because you don't deserve it, they do," she said bitterly. "When I wake up, I'll be calm like yo said, and then I can talk to you rationally," she said as she laid down, her head throbbing with pain as she kept talking. "Close my blinds for me please?" she asked her as she pulled out her covers and cuddled under them. They smelled like they had just been washed and that helped put her to sleep faster.

Pam quickly walked over to Isabella's windows and shut all the blinds for her. It seemed that one semester at Hogwarts had already changed Isabella, for the better. She stopped herself from saying many hurtful things towards her parents, and especially towards Pam who usually wound herself listening to Isabella's rants. She smiled as Isabella drifted to sleep and made sure to stay with her until she was breathing slow enough that meant Isabella was deep in sleep. Pam stroked her hand as a bit of comfort and tucked her in. She just finished thinking about how Bella was growing up and maturing already but to her she still saw the same five-year-old she'd first met when she started working there.

Slowly Pam tip-toed out of Isabella's room and clicked the door shut. Wendy had been on her mind the whole time as well and felt bad for not going sooner but still went down to see her nonetheless. She walked down the stairs and towards the guest bedroom and reached for the doorknob. It was locked so she knocked and said, "Hey Wendy, it's Pam." She waited for her to open the door, completely clueless as to what her reaction to Isabella's arrival was.

Wendy had been gathering her things and putting them in her suitcase when she heard a knock. Immediately her body tensed up but when she heard it was Pam she relaxed. She sighed and opened the door, a look of disappointment on her face. "Come in," she mumbled, and when Pam walked through the door she continued folding her clothes to put them away. Pam asked, "What're you doing?" and Wendy replied, "There's no reason for me to stay here, she hates me," Wendy said, with the slightest tone of pain in her voice. "Maybe Isabella's right...maybe I should just go back and live with my mom, she doesn't want me here!" Wendy said, her voice almost squeaking because she was on the verge of tears. She stared up at the ceiling to blink her tears away and said softly, "I just expected something different."

Pam opened her mouth in shock and then her face quickly changed to firmness. "What is it with you two?!" she said a little angry, thinking of Isabella as well. "I am disappointed in you Wendy, I thought you were stronger than this," she said sternly. She walked over to her and stopped her from folding her clothes. "How would you react if you suddenly found out you had a sister from another world, who had to now live with you and go to the same school as you?" she said a little harsher than she meant to.
"Sorry," she added, her voice now softer. "I'm just trying to make you see her side. And I'll do the same with her once she wakes up. Now stop packing!" she said, this time mock-seriously.

Wendy smiled weakly at Pammy as she lectured her. She had a point. She expected Bella to accept her without question and just become best friends. Wendy had to admit she was super excited to meet Bella and become friends but it was completely understandable that she didn't want to right away. She just felt lonely in this house whenever Pammy wasn't around and she wanted someone her age. She sighed and said, "You're right Pammy," and with that she stopped packing and jumped on her bed next to Pammy. "Can we go to the backyard, I wanna try out the trampoline. Plus, I'm tired of being cooped up in here all day!"
Pammy laughed and nodded and they left together to the backyard.

{God-modding permitted.}

</COLOR>
~~~~~~Christmas Day, A few weeks after Isabella & Wendy Have Finally Met~~~~~~​
<COLOR color="lightseagreen">
Isabella woke up early that day, ready to open her Christmas gifts and eat her dad's infamous Christmas Breakfast. As if on cue, she heard her father's singing all the way from the kitchen and an impatient knock on her door. "Come in!" she yelled happily. When Pammy walked in she cheerfully said, "Merry Christmas!" Isabella pulled back the covers and laid on her stomach, ready to pull Pammy's gift from underneath the bed.
Then Wendy came into the room right behind Pammy. "I don't remember inviting you in," Isabella said, glaring at her.
Pammy gave Isabella a scolding look and Isabella rolled her eyes. "I mean, sure come on right in. Merry Christmas," she said, with a smirk and sarcasm dripping in her voice.

blairwaldorf23.jpg

Wendy stared back at her and let the comment roll off of her. When they first met, Wendy was always hurt by Isabella's comments but now she was tougher and didn't let herself be treated that way. When she and Isabella had first met, Isabella was just rude and unpleasant to be around but as usual, Pammy had scolded the girls and told them they had to get along. Wendy knew Isabella was still mean to her out of habit but she didn't know how she really felt about her. "Merry Christmas Bella," she said with very little enthusiasm. She had gotten her a present but was afraid to give it to her because she didn't want to look foolish. "This came in for you," she said, holding up a letter. "Dad, erm, um your dad, told me to bring it up to you," she said awkwardly.
She had been hanging around with Charlie more and had finally gotten used to calling him Dad but it only made Isabella angrier and Wendy felt bad. Pammy had told her that when Charlie became an Unspeakable, he and Isabella didn't spend much time together anymore, and it greatly bothered Isabella that she and Charlie were hanging out now.

Isabella rolled her eyes at Wendy once more. It seemed that ever since she met Wendy, all she did was roll her eyes at the blonde girl and Isabella seemed to have perfected the rude act just for her. Isabella reluctantly got out of bed and unscrolled the letter.
Annamarie's Letter said:
Hey Isabella!
I hope your break! Guess what…My grandmother planned a day trip to New Zealand! If you are free sometime soon, you should totally meet us there. It would be great to see you! Let me know if this can work out.

Miss you!

Your Gryffindor friend and future International Minister of Magic (well at least one of them…lol),

Annamarie Rousseau

A wide grin spread across Bella's face and she squealed loudly as she jumped in place. "It's one of my best friends, Annamarie! She wants to know if we can meet in New Zealand! Oh Pammy please please please take me!" she badgered her caretaker. Pammy laughed at Bella's excitement and said, "You know it's not up to me, it's up to your parents."
Isabella grumbled at Pammy's statement and said, "I know, I know. I just wish sometimes you'd stop pretending my parents were in charge of me," she said smirking. "Let's go ask him right now, he's in a good mood! Plus, I want some of those chocolate chip pancakes," she added, now walking down the stairs with Pammy and Wendy following.

Charlie kept himself busying by cooking his traditional Christmas breakfast and hummed a little Christmas tune. Ever since Wendy had been staying with them and things were calming down, he was feeling really family oriented. When he saw Izzie practically running down the stairs along with Pamela and Wendy, he heartily yelled, "Merry Christmas!" He put the spatula down and gave Izzie a huge hug and a kiss on her head, and did the same for Wendy.
"How am I so lucky to have three of the most beautiful ladies in my presence? Your mother being The most beautiful lady of course," he added chuckling, while thinking of his wife who was out gardening as usual.

He continued to cook as Isabella explained about the letter from her friend at school and how she wanted to go visit her. He looked up at Pamela and said, "Pamela, would you please accompany her? You know Daphne has been planning this Christmas party for quite some time and we have to stay here for the rest of the arrangements before it starts," he said with a tone of reluctance. Once Pamela nodded and he winced from Izzie's loud squeals he added, "BUT! You have to take your sister." Immediately Isabella's face fell and he said, "I don't want to hear it Izzie. Take Wendy and show her around or you won't be able to go."

"Pamela, please set the table now and remember that we are now seating five," he said, in his usual business-like tone. He continued cooking the food and once he was done he told the girls, "Go get dressed and come down for breakfast!"

Isabella scowled at her father but didn't dare argue since the memory of him yelling at her was still fresh in her mind. She scowled and stomped up the stairs with Wendy skipping alongside her. She could tell Wendy was ecstatic but Isabella was mad. She's going to ruin everything! she thought bitterly. "Why are you following me?" Isabella said rudely to her, "Your room is downstairs." Wendy had been sleeping in Pammy's room that connected to Bella's recently but whenever Isabella was feeling nasty, she'd send her back to the guest room. After Wendy walked back downstairs, Isabella went into her room and pulled out her parchment and quill to scribble out a letter to Annamarie.
Letter to Annamarie Rousseau said:
Dear Annamarie,
Oh my gosh, my dad said yes!!!! I'm so excited! I have a present to give you! Where shall we meet? And when? Soon I hope!

Oh and, I'll have to bring someone with me, but don't mind her.

I can't wait to see you and I miss you tons!

One of your many Slytherin friends (THE BEST!) and future International Minister of Magic Partner,
Isabella Chaos

Isabella smiled at the thought of seeing Annamarie again and hugged the letter as if somehow she could hug Annamarie at that moment too.
Isabella rushed down the stairs, through the house, and out the door to the backyard to where they kept all the animals. She called her father's owl, Carmel, and said eagerly, "Please take this to Annamarie in Boston. That's in the U.S.," she told the owl. She grabbed an owl treat from where they kept them and placed it in her palm for Carmel to take it. "Thank you!" she said as she saw it take flight and ran back inside because it was freezing.
Even though Wendy had dampened her plans, the thought of seeing Annamarie was greater so that kept her happy throughout the rest of the morning.

Andrew had gone Christmas shopping and had luckily rembered to buy Isabella a gift how he had thought the day she had saved his life.He bought her a nice watch with diamonds embedded in it and sent it to her with a letter.
Dear Bella,

Hi. How you doing? How are your holidays? I am fine and am trying to learn swimming so maybe next time I can save your life.Well, this letter is to wish you a Merry Christmas and there is a gift for you for being a true friend.Thanks

Miss you
AB
ph-gold-diamond-ladies-watch-668-1.jpg

Isabella had been out in the back taking care of her pets, making sure they were warm in the winter and had plenty of food when an owl came by and dropped off a package. It took an owl treat from the container where they kept them and flew off without waiting for a response. "Well, thanks!" she called out to it. She wondered what could be in the small package as she unfolded the letter.
She read the letter from Andrew and laughed as she remembered the incident from the lake. She then carefully unwrapped the small box and gasped! "Oh my," she whispered. It was absolutely stunning! She couldn't believe Andrew had gotten this beautiful watch for her. She immediately put it on and admired it on her wrist, then went inside to write back to him.

Dear Andrew,
Oh my gosh!!!!! Thank you soooo much! The watch is beautiful! You really shouldn't have gotten it for me. I hope your break has been good, mine was. I'm glad you're practicing swimming so you won't feel like you owe me nice gifts just for saving your life hehe. Can't wait to see you!

-Bella

Isabella went back outside to give the letter to Carmel again. "This one goes to Andrew Bruke okay?" she said to her, automatically handing her an owl treat. "Be safe!" she called out to it as it took flight.
Isabella watched it go out of sight and then admired at her watch a little more, smiling yet missing her friends so much more each day.

</COLOR>
~~~~~~A few days After Isabella's Departure back to School~~~~~~​
<COLOR color="purple">
Daphne was awake at 3 in the morning, tossing and turning. Something had been on her mind the entire holiday break and couldn't get to sleep because of it and she was dying to let it off her chest. "Charles," she whispered to him as he was fast asleep. "Charles!" she said louder. He mumbled "What?" and turned over going back to sleep. She sighed, picked up her wand from the nightstand next to her and said, "Lumos!" just so the bright light would wake him up.
"Okay I'm awake," he said grumpily. Daphne smiled triumphantly and said, "Charles I've been thinking..about Isabella...what if we move to New Zealand? To...keep a closer eye on her," she said finally. Ever since Wendy had come into their lives she realized how much she had neglected Isabella and felt fully responsible for that so she figured moving to New Zealand would be a step towards showing Isabella that she wanted to be in her life now.

Charlie was annoyed as his wife woke him up and he was trying to go back to sleep but Daphne kept badgering him. He knew she usually did that when she had something big to tell him and she couldn't sleep without telling him. When she finally told him what was on her mind he was a little speechless. "Are you still awake?" she asked annoyed and Charles mumbled "Yes." He was thinking about what she'd just said, it was a lot to take in. "But...we love Italy. And what about our jobs? And our friends?" he asked her slowly. He couldn't imagine leaving their home in Italy. "You're being irrational right now Daphne," he said without waiting for her to answer, though he knew that when she woke him up in the middle of the night, it was something she was dead serious about.

Daphne sat up and hit Charles playfully on his arm and said, "I'm not being irrational! I'm serious. We could get jobs at the Ministry. Maybe even as different positions, Unspeakable business is really time consuming...maybe we should take some time off even. We're well off financially. We can keep this house here in Italy and live in it during the summer," said said, mostly thinking out loud since Charles remained laying down.
"Think about everything we've missed out on during Isabella's childhood...her first day of elementary school, her first day of wizarding school!" Daphne said aloud. "Charles? Are you listening? What do you think?" she asked.

Charlie was listening, he was just in shock at his wife's proposal. She hit him again on the arm after a few moments of silence but he barely seemed to notice. Not only when she yelled "Charles!" did he snap out of his thoughts. "Well, I guess you're right," he said simply. He was still a little shocked. "We'll have to tell Pamela and Wendy," he added. "Now can I go to sleep now?" he asked in a mock-annoying tone.

Daphne rolled her eyes at Charles but said, "Thank you!" She gave him a peck on the cheek to signal that he could go to sleep already and finally laid down to sleep. She remained awake for a little while longer, no longer because of the idea that was bugging her, but now because she was planning their move. It didn't matter if Wendy and Pamela didn't like it, Pamela worked for them so she'd have to come along unless she didn't want to work for them anymore. That thought struck Daphne and she became the tiniest bit worried, but she calmed her fear by saying that they had always treated her fairly, and she loved Isabella too much to leave her, just yet anyway. And Wendy had no say in the matter, Daphne thought bitterly, still not used to the girl because of the circumstances in which she suddenly belonged into the family. Daphne couldn't wait to go to New Zealand and find a home, and then surprise Isabella with the news.

~~~~~~Moving Day~~~~~~

Wendy helped Daphne and her dad finish taping up boxes, the Muggle way, as Daphne had called it. She had been packed the first day Daphne announced it to her and Pammy since she didn't have very many possessions, just her clothes. Her suitcase was waiting by the door with the other boxes that were being taken to the New Zealand house. Most of their stuff was still staying at the Manor in Italy, but they were still taking stuff they needed. Daphne had gushed about how wonderful the new house was and Wendy couldn't help but notice how her dad was increasingly sadder each day they packed more things.
They had decided to travel by "Portkey" since Wendy was with them, cue Daphne's grumbling, and they had to make sure their boxes were small enough to each carry with them as they traveled by means of Portkey. Wendy loved watching anyone perform magic so she stared in awe as her dad performed the spell to make all the boxes small. He grinned at her as he performed the spell and she smiled just as warmly back. She walked over to the discarded silver tray they were using as a Portkey. "Just a finger will do Wendy," he muttered to her, so she laid her index finger on the handle, holding the magically smaller boxes in her other hand. "On the count of three, we'll be taking off," he said to the entire group. "Ready, 1, 2, 3..." and with that, Wendy felt the strangest sensation as she seemed to fly through the air. After a minute or so, she felt her feet hit the ground hard and her knees buckled. Wendy looked up at their new house, it certainly was pretty. "We're home!" Daphne shrilled happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back