The BFG and Me. :)

Joe Walker

Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Joe Walker didn't find himself sat in the Great Hall all that often, but when he did, it was usually a great opportunity to look for friends, and to meet girlfriends. But today he was here early for some peace, and some quiet relaxation before the busy day begun. He sat with his newly bought magic chocolate bar and chewed at the first chunk as he looked around to see who was lurking about at this time in the morning.

Joe was always up well before lessons started, it gave him some time to chill. It was around 7am and Joe knew that not many people bothered to get up before breakfast and he was enjoying having some time to himself for a change. The odd Professor had walked through, aswell as the odd cook, and Joe oozed in the smell of the food that was cooking down in the kitchens. The cooks here were good and they had certainly always given him a filling breakfast to set him off for the day. Joe smiled to himself as he continued to enjoy loving the smell of breakfast.

Tis was early in the morning, when a spot of the sun's ray went sneaking between the blinds of the third year Gryffindor girl, to early to be awake. Just back to sleep, she told herself, though the sun kept blinding her with nature's alarm clock, as it were saying wake up. Really it was way too too early to be out of bed. Though the sun natural magic kept working at her eyes, shaking her awake from an endless dream. She had to force it out herself to slide out of bed, if that didn't do it than her stomach growling did. Like a zombie, she dress in her school robes, tying her hair up in a bun, almost did she wake her roommate up. Madlyn, thankfully didn't make a noise at all, not even when she exit the portal to Gryffindor's command room.

She just kept walking, still a bit sleepy, she made her way into the great hall. To greet a few students who were already there. Out the few of them, happen to be Joe Walker, smiling with a piece of chocolate at hand. That reminded her, she smile walking towards her fellow Hufflepuff mate. "Morning happy Larry, did you get the candy I sent you over the holidays? It was a pack of slugs, hope you didn't eat all at once" she smile, her eyes now brighter than ever. She decided to sit down, and join him for breakfast. Well aware the last time they had breakfast, Joe and Madlyn ended up having a little food fight between themselves. She was watching him, just in case he decided to throw her anything her way.

Joe was delighted to see the happy and smiley face of Madlyn, his giant friend. She was especially giant like to Joe, who was quite small for his age. Joe smiled widely back at Madlyn as he listened to her talk. "Well if it isn't Maddy...Yeah I did thanks for that...I meant to send you something back...sorry about that...but I can tell you that the candy no longer exists..." Joe joked with his friend, laughing slightly as she joined him at the table.

Joe remembered the food-fight that they had enjoyed together last time. He had really loved spending some quality time with his new friend, and he would never forget that game of hide-and seek. "Anyway, it's been ages how have you been?" Joe asked, out-stretching his arms to invite his friend in for a hug. Although it would be more like a suffocation for little Joe, but he didn't care, Madz was a friendly giant.

"Candy no longer exist? Oh my god Joe, your very funny" she chuckle rolling her eyes at the smaller boy. He was small, small for his age compare to other boys that were taller than him. Still a year older than Madlyn. That didn't stop Joe from being her freind, he accepted her fairly well, like Roze and Briar. He look past her height, uinlike the immature slytherins who would say anything to hurt Madlyn's feeling. There were a few times she would hear them, making their cruel remarks, and sevreal bad giant name.
It took a lot to bring her down, but there were times she would let her anger out not giving a hoot if she go in trouble for dangling yet another student from the stairway.

"You should be one of those muggel stand up comedian. The ones that tell bad jokes for living..." she giggle a little more.
She like kidding around with him, he didn't get offended by it, that's cause she knew her limits. "I've been well, I was suppose to visit my friend Stormy during the Holiday. It never happen so I stayed home which is australia, neighbor. What about you? How you've been?" she ask in retuen to keep the conversation flowing, while she pile up her plate of egg whites and toast with a glass of orange juice on the side.

Joe laughed at Maddy's response. The pair of them constantly made each other laugh, which was what made them such good friends. It was a bit odd, with Madz being so tall and Joe being so small, but the pair of them got along like a house on fire. "Oy!!! My jokes are not bad..." Joe said with a funny laugh. His voice had only just broken, and he was still getting used to the sound of it. "And besides...I'd rather be a Wizarding Comedian...that way...I can force the audience to laugh with an in-genius laughing spell..........wait..........there is such a thing right?" Joe said with a laugh. "And I've been good thanks...been in contact with my brother and his new girlfriend...she's so cool." Joe told his friend quite happily.

Madlyn snickered at the boy. Looks like puberty was hitting him already. "your right your jokes aren't that bad but if you keep laughing like that, your jokes won't be the only ones getting a good laugh about" she pinch her mouth from laughing hard. It was difficult not to laugh, but she held in right just to mock a host on those muggels television. "Ladies and gentleman I like to introduce Joe walker and his laugh." it sounded corny, her imitation was as worst as his joke. But it was funny for the both of them. Maddy eventually gave up to laugh at Joe. "I kid you know that?!" she laugh again. "If there were such a spell Joe, make sure you end the spell when they leave home." she shook her head laughing some more. They said the mos comical things, she didn't know where the material come from. It's like with them two, they can be a hit on a show. She may consider that as a second profession.

"Oh yeah, that's cool. What's so cool about her Joe? Are you falling for your brother's girlfriend. That's not very nice" she kid with the boy. He was easy to tease about anything, but it was cool to hear more about him and his family too. "What's your brother's name? You never told me about him, I don't think.." she said it with a smile..

Joe couldn't stop laughing at Maddy's cheesiness. "You're funny d'you know that?" He told her, mid-laugh. These two got on like a house-on-fire. His laughing continued as she teased about Joe falling for Dec's new girlfriend. "Eww No Way..." He said in a immature way. "My brother's called Declan...but he's always been Dec to me..." He told Maddy sweetly. He had become quite fond of her ever since they had played hide-and-seek together that one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back