The Bennett Household

Carl Bennett

Carlisle breathed a sigh of relief as he returned to his home. He loved his family and all, but truly had he never appreciated it so much.

Much would be different now. People had explained to him that he was going to be some mythical creature. He had been forced to believe in wizards, but now werewolves? He didn't know what he was going to do.

He embraced his wife and kids as he walked through the door, Melissa having dissappeared a the threshold. Margaret inquired as to where he had been with teary eyes, and his son looked at him oddly, demanding an answer.

"I'm sure you've been worried," he explained to them, "And I will tell all later. But I really need some rest; I'm wiped out." He put his hand to his neck. "And yes, this will be explained later too. I just need some rest. All you need to know right now is, Estrella is safe and looked after. We'll celebrate Christmas tomorrow morning, promise."

With a sigh he lumbered up the stairs, falling asleep on his bed almost instantly.

Days later, Carlisle found that he had an intense craving for raw meat. He didn't know why, but at three o clock in the morning he rose from his bed, absentmindedly forgetting to put on a coat.

However, the frigid weather did not affect his body. He felt like a fully heated furnace, and didn't even need to turn on the heat in his truck. Sticking in the key, the engine roared to life, and he slammed on the gas, speeding off down the country road toward town, and the nearest grocery store.

He had no idea what was wrong with him; was this what happened when you got bitten by a werewolf? He was still unwilling to accept it, as the prospect of the wizarding world was already enough to accept.

The squat muggle man strolled purposefully into 24 hour a day grocery store, finding the meat aisle quickly. Not even bothering with a shopping cart, he grabbed many packs of steaks, cradling them in abnormally strong arms.

He paid for the steaks, after getting an odd look from the cashier, and made it into the truck, the scent of the meat unbearable. Like an animal, he tore open the packages, eating the meat raw and tearing it to shreds.

Wiping the blood that had trickled down his lips off with a shirtsleeve, he slammed on the gas pedal, back towards home. Steak wasn't so bad, and he supposed that raw meat wasn't either. This was going to take a lot to adjust to, but he would do alright. This animal I have become.

Carlisle sat down for dinner, finding it difficult to do so as he had a huge burst of energy lately. He felt like a fifteen year old again.

He jumped up as Harper swooped in through his window, dropping a letter on the table. For a split moment he thought that she would be delicious to eat, and then thought, I am seriously going insane.

He read Estrella's letter with a frown, and then wrote on the back of it quickly, feeling the odd stares of his family upon him.

Carlisle,
Hey, we haven't written in a while.  How are you doing?  School is going well for me, as well as it can, anyways.

There is an issue that we need to discuss.  In order for you not to become a furry beast, I need to give you a potion for it.  Would you mind if we arranged a portkey to Hogsmeade so we can explain your, erm, symptoms?

Love,
Estrella

Estrella,
I'm doing quite fine.  Except that everything is out of wack,  I feel like a little kid, I can't sleep, and I'm growing a full beard in half a day. 

It would be nice to have a potion to get rid of this for good, but what is Hogsmeade?  The sooner the better, I say.

Love,
Carlisle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back