The Bellamy's House

Angus Greenwood

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Shuffling forward, Angus dragged his bag along the ground as he got out of the car and moved towards the door of the house. His house. Or at least, it could be, if he decided to live in Brisbane with his parents and sisters, as opposed to London with his aunt, uncle, and cousin. He'd spend most of the year at Hogwarts New Zealand, so most of his living arrangements were taken care of, but the holidays posed a bit of a Sophie's Choice - live with his parents, or the people who raised him? He didn't want to hurt the feelings of either, but he had to pick somewhere. A boy couldn't spend his life in transit.
Having just arrived on a plane from England, Angus was coming to terms with the change in scenery. Here, it was winter, which was about the same temperature as the English summer he'd just left. But Brisbane was just so different from London. It was laid-back, it was summery (even in the middle of winter)...it was just different.
I could've been brought up here, with these people, he thought, as he looked at his parents and sisters. Would that have made me a completely different person?

"Admiring the view?" Violet asked of her little brother, who had paused in contemplation. "There's an inside, you know. Come on in." She took a key from her pocket and unlocked the front door, carrying one of her brother's bags inside. Lugging the bag upstairs, she pushed the door of the spare room - now Angus's room - open and heaved the bag inside, placing it by the foot of his bed. "Come upstairs, Angus!" she called. In her mind, she was going through what she had planned for the holidays. Violet was excited - she'd get to spend a few months with her brother, one of her best friends. They'd go to Obsidian Harbour, go shopping for Hogwarts (Violet didn't have much shopping to do, but Angus had to buy a lot), go to the beach (even if it was the middle of winter), go to art galleries and other cultural stuff, and go to the show, which was coming in August. Violet smiled serenely to herself, as she sat down on her little brother's bed and waited for him to come upstairs.

Angus walked upstairs, carrying one bag in one hand, and his guitar - his Christmas/birthday present from his parents and sisters - in the other. Entering the room, he dropped his belongings to the floor and whistled. The room was beautiful, very clean and well decorated (although, he reasoned, the house was fairly new, considering they'd only moved in over Christmas), and had a great view. He could see the city from his window. "Wow, Violet, this is awesome!" he said, racing over and giving his big sister a hug. "A guy could get used to this. Although I guess it's gonna be completely different at Hogwarts, right?" he asked. Angus knew nothing of boarding schools, but Violet did, having spent a year at Hogwarts.

Violet laughed. "Angus, it's just a room." She hugged him back, happily. "I'm glad you're here, though, bro," she said, with a grin. "I'm so looking forward to being at Hogwarts again. You'll love it, seriously," she gushed. "And I reckon you'll love Potions class. I know you love Chemistry. And don't be afraid of Hogwarts. You'll fit in perfectly, you know?" She knew Angus was worried about fitting in. He wasn't sure where he fit in in his own family, let alone at a school.

Angus rolled his eyes. He wasn't actually sure he wanted to think about Hogwarts. It was holidays, after all. "Just cause you're an overworker, doesn't mean the rest of us are. Speaking of which, where are you going to put your trophies, sis?" Angus asked, wanting to see how Violet would react. Angus knew that Violet felt quite embarassed about doing well. Proud, but embarassed and humble. He turned to look out the window towards the city again, and grinned. It was a different world, here, but he knew he'd like it way more than he liked London.

Violet looked at her feet, embarassed. "Oi, that was uncalled for," she muttered, little conviction behind the words. "God, what do you think will happen if Grandfather finds out? Dear Violet, guess you aren't like your mother after all. Well done." She snorted contemptiously, as she looked at Angus. "Did he say anything to you before you left?"

"Grandfather?" Angus asked, incredulously. "Do you think he notices anybody but Antoinette? He's angling for Minister of Magic. Too busy to think about anything else." Angus sighed, and shook his head. "He was going to move closer to London, though, he might be moving near mu- Aunt Pearl and Uncle Patrick," he continued, checking himself. "Probably going to train Antoinette to be just like him, whatever that means," he said, with a shudder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back