The Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
It was past breakfast time and most of the table was empty except for a few stragglers. Andromeda yawned as she made her way over and plonked herself down unceremoniously in her favourite spot at the Gryffindor table. In all the time she was attending, no one ever took her spot which amazed her quite frankly. Looking at the food and drink surrounding her she actually didn't know if she was either hungry or thirsty, thoughts of Carlisle were beginning to take up every waking and sleeping moment. Did people really stop eating when they were in love?

Andy quickly poured herself a drink... in-love? where had that come from? No it was way too soon, nobody could fall that quickly, could they? She picked up a sausage and nibbled absently on it, the taste went unnoticed as did the fact that it was cold. An owl flew down and without getting too close dropped a letter on to the table before her. Picking it up she saw her uncles handwriting and ripped it open immediately. A slow smile spread across her face and she yelped, yes quite positively yelped for joy, nearly leaping out of her seat as she did so.

Aeon stepped into the Great Hall and noticed the lack of students there. He'd stayed up late yet so again decided to sleep in, luckily he didn't have any classes to rush to so it was good to finally have some time to himself. He moved slowly over to the Gryffindor table, letting his eyes wander over the remaining students in hope to see someone he knew. Alas, there was no one there except a girl he'd seen at the beginning of the year at the little party, not that he was there for long.

The girl seemed awfully happy when he came over to her, maybe something to do with the letter she had? He resisted the temptation to read over her shoulder and decided to try talk to her, he didn't know many of the older students except for that Patricia Rogers girl, she was nice. "What are you so happy about?" Aeon said with a grin, then seated himself next to the girl. Please don't be one of the mean types. He said to himself in his head, he already had people who didn't like him.

Andromeda turned at the sound of an unfamiliar voice to see one of the Gryffindor cubs as the older generation liked to call the newer ones. She smiled and looked back at her letter glad to be able to gush forth her ridiculous bout of extreme happiness to anyone at that particular moment.
"I'm going home" she laughed, this mightened seem all that thrilling to some but to Andy it was like someone had just given her the winning lottery ticket.

"I'm Andy by the way, I don't remember if we've met before or not. I know I've seen you around but well, intro's are everything aren't they?" she instinctively looked him up and down and in her intoxicating mood queried...
"Why aren't you on our quidditch team?"

She put down her letter and looked at him, they always needed new people and she knew this year had been terrible for new faces. Not a single first year had tried out.

"Home." Aeon murmured, then suddenly felt homesick. Oh he couldn't wait to get back to his house, and his room. He smiled as she introduced herself, glad she seemed like the nice type. "I'm Aeon, It's nice to meet you." He said with a smile, she was very pretty. He liked pretty people. And nice people.
Aeon shrugged when she asked why he wasn't on the quidditch team. "I was busy and forgot about it, I really wanted to try out." He said with a sigh, well there was always next year. "So what's so good about going home?" He asked, curious to know why she was so excited about it.

Andromeda couldn't understand any one being too busy for quidditch it just simply didn't happen, not in her world anyhow.
"We'll be starting a training session soon if you want to come along? and there is always next year. There's always room for one more on the squad" she smiled as she reached for another sausage then looked at the offending thing in her hand and put it down again.

"The last one wasn't all that good" she muttered before answering him "Cool name by the way and what's good is that I haven't been home in over three years now. My home is back in Ireland but my parents moved us here before I started in first year. All my muggle family live back there still, my Dad passed away before school started and my mom remarried again. I live with my godmother here in Brightstone now. The letter was from my uncle whose going to take me back for a few weeks this summer. So I can't wait" she knew she rattled on but didn't care, this was just the greatest news yet.

"Yeah, I might come along." Aeon said, his smile getting wider. Quidditch both excited and scared him. He loved flying so much, but what if he fell off and broke his neck? What if someone crashed into him and he hurt himself really badly. What if he hurt someone else! Just go along, it'll be fun. He thought. "Thanks, I've never known a girl called Andy before." He said, he knew a few boys with that name so it always made him think it was a male name. "Three years? That's a long time." He said replied. "Sorry about your Dad, that must be really bad, I can't imagine life without one of my parents." He added, terrible stuff really, he hoped nothing ever bad happened to his parents, he loved them both too much, he wouldn't be able to bear having one or both gone.

Andy laughed at that and shook her head.
"My friends shortened my name the first year I was here, my real name is Andromeda but for many that is a mouthful. But yeah I guess you are right, more boys than girls get called Andy but I was always a bit of a tomboy anyhow so I guess it doesn't matter either way" she was delighted that there was the possibility of a new recruit, Bruin their captain would be thrilled. Himself and Cyndi would be gone after next year and they really did need new blood for the team.

She smiled as he comiserated with her about the length of time she had been gone from home and her fathers death. Andy couldn't very well tell him that though they were all genuinely good reasons they were not what had kept her from returning, they were simply excuses she used now as true as they were. She couldn't tell him that a werewolf alone in a house of muggles was just simply asking for trouble.

"I hope you never have to imagine that Aeon" she said picking up a jug of water and pouring herself a glass, "Do you want one?" she poured one anyway just incase, if he didn't drink it she would probably use it herself anyhow.

"How are you finding it here your first year? Made many friends yet?" he was totally cute and utterly adorable, Andy didn't see any reason why he wouldn't. He probably had all the girls lining up to be with him.

Aeon nodded as she explained her name and why it was shortened. "Andro- Yeah that's a mouthful." He said, luckily his name was short and easy. Aeon Summers, Eternal Flame. Well he did like fire so it suited him well.
He took the glass of water gratefully when Andy offered it to him, he didn't realize how thirsty he was, he felt like he hadn't had a drink in ages.

"Yeah, the first years been pretty great, except for that stupid death the prefects pulled, my friend really believed she'd killed someone, how could they do that!" He said rather loudly, he was still angry with them for doing that, poor Arisa. He hadn't really seen her much after that.

"And I have a lot of friends, mainly girls really. I only know around 3-4 guys." He added, it was the same before he had been accepted here, most of the girls liked him. "So why did your parents name you..uh..Your longer name." He asked, it didn't seem like a common name, he hadn't even heard of it until now.

Andy smiled and understood why the first year girls were friends with him, he was pleasant and easy to speak with. She felt as if she were slowly spilling the beans on herself that she hadn't done since ... well, since talking with Carlisle but that had been a different type of revelation.

She put her hand gently on his arm.
"You know the girl who pulled the original prank? Aeon I know alot of people were angry with those involved in the big prank on all of us, I was one of them. Njord is a very good friend and I was devastated. Many of us took it really hard but sometimes things are necessary for the bigger picture. She was unfortunate that is all and fortunate that she didn't kill him in the end at all" it was probably hard to explain because sometimes she didn't even get it. She had nearly hurt Bruin badly with her own self righteous anger in her attempt to get back for what they had done. An eye for an eye never worked out, ever.

"It's alright to have more friends of you gender than the other, it's not a bad thing. It so happens most of my friends are boys. With the exception of my bestfriend but that could be changing pretty soon." Andy's voice dipped wondering if Zuka would still be talking to her once Brian was through.

She turned once more to smile at Aeon.
"I'm named after our sister galaxy. I was born in an aeroplane and they always joked that I was born flying and therefore a born flyer. My father always thought I was destined for greater things".

Aeon just nodded slowly when Andy put her hand on his arm and talked to him. He understood what she was saying but still, it was a cruel thing to make an 11-12 year old girl believe she killed someone.
"We have a sister galaxy? That'd be good to know for Astronomy" Aeon finally said. Well, You learn something knew every day. He thought to himself. "And you were born on an aeroplane? That's kind of..wow." He continued. He didn't know anyone born in the air. He himself was born normally.

Grinning broadly that Aeon didn't know about the sister galaxy Andromeda wasn't the slightest bit perturbed.
"Not many first years or second years know that actually. I only did because I was named after it, I mean talk about filling a kids head with high notions for goodness sake" sipping her water she heard him mention how her being born in an aeroplane was a bit wow. Putting her glass down she had a serious expression for a moment.

"Well it might sound wow but it wasn't really. My parents were returning from Italy where my father is from alot earlier than they were supposed to. My mothers favourite uncle or something was dying and she wanted to get home before it was too late. The only thing was she was in her third trimester, which basically means she was ready to drop us at any minute" Andy stared down at her glass, "Mom went into labour on the flight and I was born first, then complications arose and ... well, my twin Callista died in childbirth. Not very wow now is it?"

She didn't know why she was telling this to Aeon, she hadn't talked to anyone about it in a long time now. Attempting to change the subject she shrugged.
"Sorry for bumming you out, not exactly table talk is it?"

Aeon stared at Andy, shocked by what she had told him. That wasn't really expected. "Ok, uh, moving on. What's your favourite subject here at Hoggies? I'm enjoying most of mine so far but don't quite have a favourite yet, though I'm not too keen on History of Magic or Astronomy, they're rather boring subjects." He said, trying to change the topic.

Andromeda fiddled momentarily with a spoon as she thought about which subject she really liked. It seemed to change each year depending on what they were being taught or who by, then she smiled.

"I guess if I try to break it down its flying in first year, potions in second year and DADA in third year for all sorts of reasons. But my ultimate favourite will always be herbology, the others seem to depend on varying factors whose teaching me, what's on the curriculum and stuff but herbology I just simply love for its own sake". she smiled looking at the blonde haired boy beside her, "do you have a favourite already?"

"A favourite? Yeah, I love a lot of the subjects but overall my favourite is Transfiguration, mainly because I really want to become an animagus" Aeon said, picking at a piece of food infront of him. "So, do you have any special abilities? Like some people are parseltongues or some people are part one race and part another." He asked with a smile. He wished he was born with cool powers or something like that.

Andromeda looked at him impressed. She too had been all into Transfiguration at the beginning of first year but had slowly lost interest as she couldn't stomach turning innocent creatures into teapots and jewellery boxes. It made no sense to her whatsoever and so died the dream of ever becoming an animagus. Of course she wasn't a hundred percent certain that a werewolf could become one. He asked her about special abilities and she smiled, the same old devilish glint in her eye.

"Transfiguration is alright I guess if you have the stomach for it. As far as abilities go, sure I can walk through walls and am virtually invisible for some of my classes."

"Being a metamorphagus would be cool, or a parseltongue. Maybe even have Legilimency." Aeon said, trailing off into his own world and not particularly paying much attention to the coversation. "Or a vampire or werewolf. Giant's would be a pain, you might accidentally crush someone.." He continued, then looked up at Andy. "Sorry, trailed off there. So, what do you want to be when you leave school? I want to be what most kids my age would. An Auror." He said, trying to picture himself as an Auror and kicking Death Eater butt.

Andy looked at him as if he were from another planet entirely. He actually thought being a magical being like a vampire or werewolf was cool? Obviously the boy was not dealing with a straight deck.
"So being a giant is a pain coz you could 'accidentally' crush someone but being a vampire or werewolf is cool though they would purposefully bite you? Wow" she was still flabbergasted by this and wondered how many more of the younger kids thought this way. They had obviously been filling their heads with silly muggle stories that had very little relevance in the real world.

"I want to be a healer, everyone wants to be an auror at some stage I guess. I never did but then again I'm not your average girl" she smiled more to herself than to Aeon.

Aeon shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well Vampires can eat things other than humans, and don't werewolves have a potion they can use or something? Iunno. What's the downside of being a vampire or a werewolf?" He asked, he heard vampires couldn't go out during in the day. Maybe they could wear sun block? Or protective clothing. Werewolves would be cool, well, they look cool atleast.

"Well when you get to third year and study them, you'll find that Vampires can survive on the blood of other animals but prefer by far the blood of humans and werewolves have potions sure but that doesn't mean they all take them. They still can change, the potion only stops them from going crazy mentally when they change. Because every time they transform without it a bit more of the werewolf stays with them" Andy knew this first hand from her time at Durmstrang, she had gone through a disgusting phase of eating only raw meat which did nothing for her breath.

"I guess everything seems exciting when you're young" she said and kicked herself for sounding a tad condescending.

Aeon stared blankly at Andy for a few moments, then went back to picking at his food. "Wow, you really know a lot about Vampires and Werewolves, what else did you learn about?" He asked, it was good to know about these types of things and Aeon enjoyed learning about creatures, mainly one of the reasons that he wanted to take Care For Magical Creatures as an elective when he was in third year.

Andy smiled glad he hadn't been upset with how she had dealt with the last statement.
" We did boggarts as well, now that was fascinating. Scary to say the least as you're up against your fear but when you can conquer that, the feeling is quite literally exhilarating".

"A boggart? Never heard of that before, what's it look like?" Aeon asked, slightly afraid of the fact it was 'Scary'. He didn't know of any evil or scary creatures, he only paid attention to good or neutral ones like centaurs or merfolk. There was even a few billywigs around back at Australia. Though Aeon's all time fave creature was a phoenix. He hoped that when he was older he might be able to actually see a real one.

Andromeda turned around in the seat to face him properly, she became almost animated as she talked about the boggart. It had been her most terrifying class this year but also the most fascinating one.
"Well that's the thing you, no body knows exactly what they look like for sure as they take a different form for every person. That's what makes them so utterly scary. Your greatest fear materialises before you and the only way to get rid of it is if you picture some funny image in your head and cast ridikkulus on it. Of course if there is a group of people this tends to confuse them even more because then they just don't know which fear to change into. The class was pretty freaky" she told him.
"You'll be second year next year won't you, that's mainly jinxes and hexes but mainly theory. Best to try and practise them outside of class yourself anyhow, never know when you'll need them. Most of us end up in the forest when we want to practise without getting into trouble."

Aeon's eyes widened as Andy explained what a boggart was, he couldn't help but picture things he feared. Spiders..dead people, and clowns. Clowns were his biggest fear, they were just creepy, with their painted on smiles that never go away, and their shoes are big enough to crush a toddler, why do they wear such large shoes? Aeon remembered his time at a circus and his first encounter with a clown. The creepy thing had picked him up and tried to get away, till Aeon had pulled on it's nose and quickly let it go so it snapped back onto it's face. It was just in the right place too, and the clown had gotten a bleeding nose and screamed in pain so Aeon could get away."Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to picture something funny if I saw my worst fear." He muttered, shaking the clown thought out of his head. "I've been to the forest a few times, do you go there often?" He asked, he never really saw anyone older in the forest, only a few people in his year.

Andromeda looked at him with empathy.
"I didn't think I could conjure something up to get past my worst fear either but it comes from somewhere... the strength to do it. So you'll be ok. You're a Gryffindor of course you will be" she was about to smile when it froze on her face as he mentioned the forest, she turned back to face the table again and picked up an apple rolling it in her hands.
"Yeah I've been to the forest. The novelty wears off after a while. Once you've seen one centaur you've seen them all right?" she wasn't going to say that she had been warned out of the forest by them, even though she had broken that promise on occasion. She never ventured near where they had their home though.
"I suppose you'll be signing up for the duelling club next year?" change of subject was always good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back