Alternate RP The Aftermoon- Continued

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Tara Hawthorne

Sweet- Sassy- Werewolf

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Batsy
Wand
Straight 16 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Continued From Here

Tara returned Lindens' hug, rolling her eyes and looking over towards the cooking food. "Doesn't look that bad?" She repeated, turning back to look at him. "Linden, it looks like someone hacked off your hair. I'm assuming you. Sit your ass down, I'm going to grab the scissors and when I get back we're going to straighten that mess up," She poked his chest. Tara hurried into the house then and returned after several minutes with a pair of shears. "I'm back, you ready?" She announced, moving back over to him.

Linden could almost laugh at Tara’s response. Her expression and reply told him that maybe he hadn’t done as good a job as he had thought at making it look neat. that is because someone, probably me, did hack it off last night. The moon was so bright. I couldn’t sleep and My thoughts kept spinning back to where I didn’t want them to go” he said. As he spoke he ran his hand though his hair. It felt odd not having his fingers catch on curls. Like it wasn’t his own hair but… no he couldn’t let his thoughts go there. It was his own hair and not any other guys no matter how much he wanted to be running his fingers through their hair. Though he did have to admit it did feel a little tufty. maybe he shouldn’t have been left along on his own. The full moon didn’t affect him the same as his parents or Tara. And he was less affected than willow but he still could feel it and found it harder to sleep when it was full.
He watched her go off into the house to get scissors and tended to the bacon as she was cone. Cracking a couple of eggs on the hot plate to go with it. She wasn’t gone long and when she got back he gestured to the food. I am. But so is breakfast. Do you want food before playing barber? he said. Hoping that would be the case.

Tara looked between Linden and the food, and quickly shook her head. "Tempting. But no, no one else needs to see that horrible hack job. Sit," She snapped, pointing to the spot in front of her. Once he was settled, she set to work, evening out and fixing his hair cut. "So I wasn't the only sleepless one last night." She commented idly, snipping away at his dark hair. "Are you always restless on full moons or is this just more teen heartbreak?" She asked, running her fingers through part of his hair to make sure it was straight. "Either way I'm voting we cuddle and nap after breakfast," She offered. She hadn't realized she was a touchy person until moving in with the Cullens. Sure, it was selective, and so far Linden and Ivy were the only ones who got to cuddle with her, but that was beside the point.

Linden rolled his eyes at Taras comment. "But bacon" he said. then moved the meat and adjusted the gas setting on the barbecue so it would stay warm without getting too crispy. before picking up a piece to eat and sitting where he was told. he felt her immediately sweep in and start cutting it did feel nice to have someone else running their fingers through it and cutting it. though it wasn't quite as liberating in feeling as cutting it himself. "yes and no. I can usually feel it. and don't sleep as well as usuall. but nowhere near as restless as you. willow finds it affects her more than I do. This month was worse than usual." he said. it seemed unnecessary to add that it was because of his heartbreak.
he shook his head as tara said that she wanted to nap and cuddle after breakfast. he turned to look at her before a tug in on his head reminded him that she was holding his head. "are you sure you are not Cas in disguise? you two are really going to get along" he said chuckling.

Tara ignored Lindens protests and set to work on his hair, continuing to work to straighten up his mess. "Well, they say magic comes from the sun. The moon has to have a magic all its own, don't you think?" She asked him, thinking it only made sense that the moon would affect them all. She smiled as he talked about his friend again, and let out a light laugh, shaking her head. "Oh, come on. As if you wouldn't be thrilled to have that artist boy of yours around more," She teased him. "Maybe we should invite him over- the way you talk about him, he might help piece you back together a bit before school," She was a bit more serious with that, and tugged gently on his hair. "You know he would come over if you asked him."

linden smiled at Tara's musing. "I have never heard anyone say that. though I have heard witchy type muggles say magic was controlled by the moon." he said. the moon yes. he knew some potions ingredients were better picked at certain phases of the moon. patients were better brewed at the full moon. and then there were people like Tara, like his mum and dad who had magic that was very much controlled by the moon.
as conversation moved to cas he focused on not moving his head. he didn't need a stray snip of the scissors to mess up his hair again or catch his ear. "he came into the menagerie a couple of weeks ago. he sounded like he had a lot of family stuff going on at the moment. and I wouldn't want to interrupt that" he said. he didn't want to say the specifics as he knew that cas and tara both had a similar family background bouncing around foster homes and he didn't want to upset her. "and I don't want him to see me like this" he added. at least when school started back he would have had a bit of time to piece himself back together.

Tara smiled, finishing his hair and checking it over. "Hey come on, they can't all be wrong, yeah?" She ran her fingers through his hair. "There, doesn't that feel better?" She asked him, before moving to sit down with him. She rolled her eyes at his protests. "And when Casper was so low he literally ran away from home, weren't you upset that he hadn't told you how much he was hurting?" She countered. "He didn't want to bother you then, either. You shouldn't shut him out." She scolded him gently. She looked around. "Did you bring any drinks out here or...?" She looked back to her brother. "I can go get some."

Linden ran his fingers through his hair. It felt so different like it wasn’t his own head any more. But he could appreciate that it was a lot less spikey. And tufty than it had been. that feels a lot better thank you tara he said
He listened to Tara as she sat beside him talking about cas. Why did you have to talk Sense. Why couldn’t she just mope with him. look at you ht all that moon magic is making you wise” he teased. and i am not down about everything and won’t do something silly like running away from home.” he said knowing full well that His misadventures last night may me grounds for Tara to point out the opposite.
glad for a change of topic he shook his head feeling how it moved freely now with out his hair on his shoulders. no but what do you want? he asked one of the best things about this holiday was that he could use magic. And a simple summoning spell or switching spell could get them anything from the kitchen that she wanted.

Tara snorted. "I got the beauty and the brains. Does that make you the funny one?" She teased him, crossing her legs and smirking. "Sure, you cut off your luxurious locks in a fit of 'not down about everything'." She kicked his foot with her own. "And you know damn well what I meant, Linden. Just tell your artsy boy already." She shook her head, almost exasperated. "I could go for some black coffee," She replied, thinking a strong drink sounded nice.

linden smiled at the comment. "I said brains not beauty. we all know I am both the beauty and the braun" he said teasing straight back and squeezing her close and ruffling her hair.
he wasn't sure what she had in her head was going on between him and casper but it wasn't anything like she was implying. "I will tell him then we get back to school. he is having the best holiday he has ever had, found his mum. and he deserves the chance to enjoy that." he said. that was something the two of them had in common. they had both grown up in foster care and never really known their real families so he was sure tara would be able to appreciate how important that was for cas.
he reached his wand as tara put her drink order in. he was glad that he had already had the forethought the day before to set up the coffee machine. so one wave and it was percolating "coffee is on the way. now time for bacon and egg rolls" he said.

Tara laughed lightly, relaxing next to him. "We both know I'm the pretty one," She teased him, tossing her hair back. She smiled as he talked about Casper. "We need to work on giving that boy more happy breaks." She mused, though her attention was drawn back as he brought up breakfast again. "Oh, yes please, I'm starving." She told him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back