The after math

Riley Smith

Riley frowned. Ana had left and he was alone. He frowned because this meant that he was alone with his thoughts. He hated thinking. He stood up and got a drink out from the fridge. He hated how Ana had cried over him. How could she have done that after what he used to do o he and what he had done to their child. He was so frustrated now. He punched the wall that was nearest to him. He sighed. He didn't regret what he did he just regretted making Ana cry because of it. He sat down at the table and waited for her to come home

Ana apparated back to the house a few hours later. She would have stayed longer but the scene had been too much. Nobody had been talking and everyone had been crying. She just couldn't handle it any longer. She sat on the sofa with red puffy eyes and curled into a ball. She felt safer like this. It was odd but it was almost like it created a shell around her which was hard to penetrate. The only thing that could have made her feel safer would have been if Riley was there with his arms round her.

Riley stood up as he heard her footsteps in the house. He followed the sound of them and looked at her as she curled up on the sofa. His frustration had drained away now. He sighed and went over and hugged her tight. He didn't say anything as he knew there was no point in doing so. He just hugged her and waited for her to calm down.

Ana huddled into Riley's arms as tears continued down her cheeks. "I can't believe he's gone. The house was horrible. I've never seen it so quiet." She couldn't stop herself from speaking her mind. It was like she wasn't in control of her own body. It was like she was watching it from the perspective of someone stood in the room watching herself in Riley's arms. Her body was shaking slightly but it wasn't loads. Most of her shaking had subsided. Ana huddled closer to Riley.

Riley hugged her tighter. He still diddnt no what to say. If he spokem then he knew that he would say the wrong thing. He felt her shaking and didn't like it. He sighed inwardly. He had done this to her,. He was doing what he thought was the right thing had turned out like this, why was that. " Im sorry." He had to apologise

"It's not your fault." Ana shook her head. "You don't need to say sorry." Ana was starting to feel cold now. She looked up at him. "Could you get me a blanket?? I'm feeling cold."

Riley nodded and kissed her head before standing up and going to get the blanket from his bed. He went back to Ana and placed the blanket over her. " Better?"
Riley nodded and kissed her head before standing up and going to get the blanket from his bed. He went back to Ana and placed the blanket over her. " Better?"

"Yeah, thanks." She smiled but the smile didn't reach her eyes. They still held the pain of what had happened. "I can't think straight. I don't understand who would have done this. Nobody held a grudge against him. He was too kind to everyone. I-" She put her head in her hands. "I don't know."

Riley frowned slightly. He didn't seem nice to him. Not that Riley cared. It was one less death eater at the moment and one less person to worry about hitting Ana. " Some times its not someone with a grudge some times its just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like how my big brother was." Riley saddened at the thought of Blake, they had been so close when he was alive and he wasn't able to say good bye and he had been arguing with him just before he died. He hated that fact

"He was at home. How can that be the wrong place??" Ana frowned curiously. She didn't understand what Riley was saying. Blake had been in Brightstone so it was easy to be in the right place at the right time but Dervish had been home the whole time. How was that the wrong place?? "Riley. My head hurts. You'll have to explain." She led down on the sofa so her head felt more comfortable.

Riley shrugged. " I don't no i was just trying to come up with idea's that's all." He sighed lightly then moved her hairs from her eyes and smiled at her. " I love you." He didn't like it when she was upset and wanted to try and cheer her up. Not that he knew how though

"I love you too." Ana hugged him tight and didn't let go. She didn't want to lose him. She'd lost enough people in her life. First her parents, then her baby and now her uncle. She didn't want to lose Riley as well. She could feel her eyes getting heavy though. Today had taken so much of her energy.

Riley looked down at her and smiled. " I think someone needs to sleep." He smoothed her hair then kissed the top of her head. " I will be here when you wake up i promise." Riley hated to make promises but he knew that he would keep this one

"Thank you, Riley." She kissed him before lying down and closing her eyes. She had thought that she would have too much on her mind to sleep but she was so exhausted that she went out like a light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back