The Addison's Second Home

Skye Addison

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
The Day Toni Returns

Skye was so annoyed that the day had finally come. Toni was coming home from school. This was not something that Skye was looking forward to. Sure out of all the other siblings in the house Toni and Skye seemed to have more in common personality wise, but still Skye didn't care for her sister all the much. Too glammy and girly for Skye's opinion.

As this young triplet sister sat in her room, she strummed her guitar dreading even going downstairs. The rest of the family, which in this house was just Bailey, Madison, and their mother, were all getting ready for the arrival of Toni. Not that they really cared about the sister's coming home, but more just in case Toni happened to bring home a friend that needed impressing.

"Shh Girl shut your lips do the helen keller and talk with your hips. Shh girl shut your lips do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips" Skye sang. Though she only managed a few lines before she heard the voice of loud crashing down stairs and her mother yelling about broken china. Being quiet for the longest time, Skye tried to listen to what was going on downstairs.

Madison was just as hyper as always as she skipped about the downstairs of the house going between the kitchen and the dining room trying to get ready for her sister Toni coming home. Sure Toni didn't seem to like Madison so much, though Madison didn't know why. Madison loved Toni as she did all her siblings. "La La La La" She sang happily as she set the table expecting a huge dinner. Her mother had actually been cooking all day. Bailey and Madison had been helping but of coarse Skye was in her room doing whatever she wanted. Rolling her eyes at the thought of Skye, Madison began to fold the napkins in all different shapes.

Laughing as what was supposed to be a swan turned out to look like a fish. "Oh well" She said placing the fish shaped napkin on the table. Feeling like a waitress almost Madison went into make believe mode. "Hey Miss may I take your order" She asked in a waitress like voice to the pretend person. "Soup to start very good choice may I suggest the soup of the day" She continued as she placed a bowl in front of the pretend person.

Though when she tried to do something tricky spinning around as she held the cup in her hand. Before long the cup was on the ground broken into pieces. "opps" She said looking in the direction of the kitchen to wait for her mother's reaction. Soon enough the screaming began and all Madison could manage was that she was sorry. Saying this over and over again, her mother finally rolled her eyes mentioned something about a hopless cause and walked out to continue to ice the cake that had been baked earlier that day.

Bailey had been baking all day thinking about how she really didn't see what the fuss was all about. Why was her mother making a huge deal about Toni's return when really it wasn't a huge deal at all. As Bailey's mother finished frosting the cake that was made and soon was to be decorated with a nice font of writing saying a simple Welcome Home Toni!, Bailey continued to put the remaining veggies in the microwave making sure they were warm when this whole dinner thing had to come down.

Smiling and humming slightly to herself, she continued to move very gracefully making sure not to drop a dish like Madison had done. Laughing a small bit at the thought of Madison breaking one of her mother's nice china cups, Bailey couldn't help but feel almost more cordinated.

As the timer for the corn beeped, Bailey placed the peas in the microwave making sure not to put too much butter in each dish. Though without much wait this young girl heard the door open and for a moment she almost wished it wasn't Toni for they were not yet ready, but who else would it be. The rest of the family and their father were staying back at their main home for the summer. Deep down, Bailey was sort of happy to get a break and for once her own room.

Toni had almost dreaded going home. She really didn't want to deal with the family who really didn't know who she was anymore. It might seem like a huge thing to say that her own family didnt' know who she was, but it was true. Toni was not completely different than when she left for school but things had changed for this twelve year old Slytherin.

Walking up the path to her house she noted that the pool was clear and hopefully heated. Carring her three bags behind her she almost wished that she had someone to do that for her. Toni made her way over to the pool and dropped her bags carefully on the ground. She dipped her hand into the water guessing that the pool was about eighty degrees. Perfect for swimming. Now Toni just had to invite Sam over and maybe even Knight if he was close enough, to come and swim around. If Toni knew where Taylor was, she would send an owl her way as well.

Picking up her bags once more, Toni walked towards the house dreading her first step through the doors. Was there going to be fighting or a big deal being made about her return? In a way Toni almost hoped for some fighting.

Carefully opening the door, she made no notice that she had arrive. Right then and there she dropped her bags not wanting to carry them anymore, she listened for the sound of her mother and sisters. It wasn't hard to hear them moving around the house. Never was the house quiet even with the few people that were here at this time.

Madison bounced over to the door hearing it open and not wanting to wait much longer to greet her sister. Seeing Toni in the doorway, Madison ran over embracing her in a hug. "I've miss you sis" She said smiling brightly. Taking a few steps back, after realizing Toni from a hug, Madison looked her over. Toni didn't look much different but Madison couldn't be sure. Same clothing style of coarse different close. Same hair only slightly longer. Everything seemed in place. "So how was school? Meet anyone? Why didn't I get letters? So how was school? Did I ask that already? We are making dinner. Well really mom and Bailey are. Skye's upstairs. I'm setting the table. So tell me everything" Madison said bouncing slightly her words said in almost one breathe.

Why she was so hyper was never the question. Madison was just always hyper and now with the events and the news from the school she would be attending at the end of the summer, her excitement level sky rocketed to an extreme. Now that was saying something.

Toni was a bit caught off guard by Madison's greeting. Though really Madison had always been the bubbly happy and even hyper one of her siblings. That of coarse was not something Toni cared for, but it was something she could deal with for the short while that she spent with her family.

Remaining stiff throughout the hug, Toni patted Madison's back twice hoping deeply hoping that her sister would just let go. Finally Madison let go and Toni let an almost unaudible sigh. Without any time to relax, this Slytherin was bombarded with questions. Rolling her eyes in an over the top motion, she finally began to speak. "First off" She began "Relax and Breath" Toni said

"Second Don't kill me with questions. I'll answer most of them later. Just let me go upsets with my bags and then freshen up. Dinner sounds great. We will talk during dinner Okay?" Toni said not really wanting to talk about her schooling with anyone. The only reason Madison would care about Toni's schooling was Madison's own excitment to know what she was in store for when the summer ended and she was the first year.

Toni looked over her bags then at Madison. "Why don't you take my bags upstairs. Take two and I'll take one" She said more of a command than a suggestion

Bailey took the peas out of the microwave and made sure to wipe her hands off on the apron she was wearing. Of coarse it was not like those pathetic and totally awful aprons that the people in movies wore. No this was a very nice pink one that had her name sown right into it.

Walking towards the door, Bailey had a grin on her face as she watched and listened to Madison's greeting. Sometimes Bailey wondered how Madison and her were Triplets. It just didn't seem like it would fit. They looked alike sure but acted alike, well they acted nothing alike.

"Hey Toni, We are making dinner" Bailey said flashing her sister a grin. "But don't worry I'll take two bags up. I need a break from the kitchen anyway and Madison has to finish setting the table" With a pause "Without breaking anything else" She added trying to look stern but of coarse smiling at her triplet sister.

Bailey walked over and grabbed two of the bags that were surprisingly heavy. "God what on earth do you have in these things" She asked as she began to lug the two bags up the stairs making loud clanks as she moved. Hopefully nothing is breakable She thought as she continued to move with upmost care though it wasn't exactly working.

Gratefully Bailey reached Toni's room, or at least the room Toni was staying in for the summer. Bringing the bags and setting them near the bed, Bailey turned to look at Toni. "Well that's it. Dinner will be ready soon so don't take too long" She said briefly before doing one more look over and exiting the room to finish heating up veggies.

Toni was waiting for Madison to happily pick up the bags when Bailey made her way out of the kitchen and offered. "As long as I don't have to carry them" She said shrugging as she watched her other sister pick up the bags and carry them up the stairs. "Clothes of coarse" Toni answered as Bailey asked what were in the bags. What else would Toni carry? With all the clothing shopping Toni had nothing but clothes with a few school books.

Following Bailey up the stairs, Toni could almost sense herself tense in the atmosphere. Why did she have to be home again? How much more she would rather be a school hanging out with Sam, Knight, or Taylor or maybe even just blocking herself off in the dorm. Either was better than this.

Finally they reached the room, Toni threw her bag that she was carrying onto the bed and barely listened to what Bailey had to say. "Yeah I'll be down soon enough" Toni said noticing how different she acted when she was home. Maybe a bit colder, even if not colder different, her tone when she spoke to people was different.

After Bailey left the room Toni took a seat on her bed pushing the bag off knowing that nothing would be broken with the fall. Leaning back, Toni looked at the cerling not really wanting to go eat dinner with everyone hearing and having to answer the majority of questions that were going to be thrown in her direction.

Skye had begun to play her guitar once more after the little moment of excitement hearing the breaking of China. In a way Skye almost hoped for a big deal to happen. Whoever broke it to get in huge trouble. A huge scene to break out and Then Toni to arrive. not that Toni needed a reminder that she was not part of the perfect family. It would be more dramatic if she had a friend with her, that way Toni might even be embarrassed. The thought brought a smug smile to Skye's face as she strummed a few notes.

About five minutes passed since she heard bags being dragged up the staircase. This in Skye's mind meant that Toni had arrived probably with more clothes than when she arrived. Not like Skye could talk. Shopping was on the top of her favorite to do list as well, just not so much clothing shopping.

Placing her guitar down carefully on her bed, Skye stood up exciting her room and making the short walk to Toni's. Leaning in the door way she looked at her now Slytherin sister. "So" She began a small smile on her face as she wondered what had happened in school that Toni wouldn't be telling them. Probably anything important at all. Maybe I can get it out of her tonight Skye thought hiding the smug smile that would have wanted to make it's way onto her face.

"Glad to be home?" She asked finally the sarcastic tone evident in her voice.

Toni was expecting Skye to soon come into the room. After all Toni had been greeting with two of the three triplets the third had to show up sometime. Without much wait, Toni heard Skye right at her doorway luckily not stupid enough to actually step foot in her room. Sitting up, Toni looked at Skye. Looks the same as ever maybe slightly better style She thought to herself a small smile on her face appearing.

"Oh yes I'm so thrilled to be home" Toni answered her voice also dripping with sarcasism. At least that was something that Toni shared with Skye. They both seemed to love sarcastic comments.

Toni stood up fixing her hair with a simple running her hands through it. "So" She said walking over to get one of her bags that Bailey had set down previously. Carrying it back over to the bed, Toni opened it up and grabbed out her face wash with microbeads.

"What happened when I was gone? Anything worth talking about?" She asked as she walked right past Skye towards the bathroom expecting Skye to follow her pace.

Skye smiled slightly as Toni replied with a sarcastic comment. Of coarse Toni wasn't glad to be home. Skye knew for a fact that when she was finally out of this mad house, she would hate to come back for the summer holiday. It would be more than awful to know what it's like to be out then having to be dragged back in. If only Hogwarts was able to take you for the summer as well. Now that would be more than perfect.

Following Toni as she made her way to wash her face in the bathroom, Skye once more leaned herself against the doorway. "Nothing really happened" Skye said rolling her eyes wishing that something would actually bring excitement to this lifestyle. "Basically all I've done is played music, rode horses, hung out in the shopping areas, and well hid in my room avoiding the rest of the house" Skye explained really wishing that she had more to say, but she didn't. No matter what, Skye wouldn't let the disappointment near her face, she wouldn't give Toni that enjoyment.

"Anything exciting happened while you were at school?" Skye asked hoping that a small piece of information would be given, something to give hope to Skye that hogwarts would be a much more exciting life.

Toni turned on the sink water and reached over for one pink washcloth. How she missed the perfection of expensive wash clothes when she was at school. That was probably the only thing she did miss. That and her horses which weren't even here. "Trying to pump me for information already" Toni said smiling slightly as she began to wash her face closing her eyes.

Of coarse lots had happened when she was at school. Though no one but Amanda and the people at school knew about the whole drama filled year that Toni and her group had dealt with. As Toni finished washing her face, she began to speak again. "Let's just say you will experience some drama when you go to school. Maybe even more so if you are good enough to get into Slytherin" Toni said turning to Skye flashing her a small smile before walking right past her and right down the stairs. That will leave her with plenty of questions that no one can answer Toni thought happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back