OOC First Name
Jess K
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Sturdy Aspen Wand with Fairy Wing Core
(OOC: immediately after Flying Lesson Two)

Evan had not stopped running since she had been dismissed from flying class. She ran all the way back to the castle and into the entrance hall, found an empty bench and sat down dramatically. There was no way she could be bothered walking all the way back up to the tower, but she was in a terrible mood after flying today. She had made it off the ground, but she had squealed the entire time, and she felt extremely embarrassed. Why did flying lessons have to be with all four houses? Now every single person in Evan's year would for the next seven years remember her as the weird squealing girl from flying class. She had embarrassed herself at the sorting ceremony, she had embarrassed herself in her first potions lesson, and now this. She wished she could put the feelings aside, she wondered when she would ever feel confident. She looked down at the lion crest on her robes, and laughed. "Lion, pffffff." She muttered to herself. "I wish there was a kitten house."

Last edited:
Frowning and concerned, Theia followed the girl from the pitch, jogging a distance behind her to give her space while still keeping her in eyesight. Her heart was truly with the girl after what had happened in flying class, and though it might have been overstepping an unspoken house boundary or worsen the situation, Theia nevertheless wanted to find her and help. It had lasted only a little while, but the helpless shrieking had reminded Theia of looking after her siblings, and since arriving to hogwarts, the need to help and lift up others had left a hole in her chest. If there was a chance for her to help the girl overcome the embarrassment of what had happened in front of the entire class, Theia felt it was her duty to do something. No one should be left to stew in their embarrassment alone, letting the worst of their thoughts get to them.​
Arriving to the entrance hall, Theia spotted the girl she was looking for on a bench and approached her. Too apprehensive to sit next to her, she opted to stand nearby as she spoke. “Hey, um. Are you okay?” She said softly. “I uh, saw what happened in flying, and I’m sure like, everyone will forget about it by next week.” Theia crossed her arms, wanting to reassure the girl but also not sure if the same things she said to reassure her siblings would work. She was in her element when she was helping someone, but at Hogwarts she felt like a fish out of water, and she was a little lost to whether she would be able to help.​

Evan jumped, she hadn't realized anybody had followed her. She vaguely recognized the Slytherin girl from seeing her in a few lessons, but didn't really know who she was. However, she highly appreciated the fact that someone had cared enough to come and check on her, even if it was a stranger. "Oh, I'm alright I guess." She smiled at the girl, genuinely thankful for the concern. "But they'll probably only forget if I do something else embarrassing in another class. I keep making a fool of myself." She let herself vent a little bit, but didn't want to come across as rude or ungrateful, after the girl had come all this way to check on her. "Sorry, I just feel silly. Thank you for checking on me.. What's your name?"

Theia looked to the floor, absent mindedly kicking at a gap between the stone blocks, and nodding her head as she listened to the girl answer her question. It was at least reassuring to hear she was okay, even if she soon admitted she felt silly. “I mean like, by the time we start flying properly, everyone's going to be so caught up in it they wont think about the other lessons or anyone else, you know?” Theia elaborated. She looked up, and decided to finally sit on the bench next to the girl as she introduced herself, thinking it was appropriate now if they were going to be on a first name basis. “I’m Theia, what’s your name?” She asked, soon adding in an afterthought as it hit her. “By the way, if you ever need me to be near you in our flying lessons for support, I can do that. My siblings have all played with toy brooms before and it’s not the same, but I’m used to helping with that kind of thing.” Theia had to admit it would be nice to have a buddy in one of her classes, having avoided socializing with most, if not all of the other people in her year, so she hoped the girl would appreciate her usefulness and want to keep her around.​

Evan smiled at the girl as she sat down next to her. The way she spoke seemed so genuine and Evan was already starting to feel better. "Thank you, you're helping me see things the right way." She introduced herself and Evan smiled again, brighter than before, "I'm Evan! Theia is a lovely name!" When Theia went even further and offered assistance in flying classes, Evan was overwhelmed with gratitude. Theia knew nothing about Evan and yet she was the first person who had actually checked on Evan after one of her embarrassing moments. When at the time Evan would have thought she wouldn't have wanted anybody near her, consideration like Theia's had been what Evan had truly longed for, deep down. Theia offering to help in class if she ever needed it made Evan throw out her arms in absolute glee. "Thank you hug?!" She squeaked "Sorry, I just... you're the best!" Her arms remained outstretched between herself and Theia, and for a moment she worried that she was being over the top.

Last edited:
Shrugging, Theia tried to brush off Evan’s thank you, because she was only doing the right thing to look after a peer. They were both new to Hogwarts and Theia assumed like her, they both felt out of place leaving their homes and the lives they knew to spend months in an unfamiliar castle learning magic. Helping out and offering Evan support seemed like the least she could do, and it helped Theia feel more comfortable in return, as if she was fufilling her ever present role to take care of people. “It’s nothing really.” She said, a small smile appearing on her face when Evan complimented her name. “Evan is a nice name too, it suits you.” Theia said in return, soon opening her arms after Evan did to return the offer of a hug. Not being the most cuddly person unless she was emotional, Theia didn’t expect Evan to want to hug her, but she appreciated it anyway, wrapping her arms around Evan and gently squeezing for a moment before pulling away. “Don’t apologise for wanting to hug someone, its alright.” Theia reassured. “Do you have any classes after this, would you like to explore the castle grounds with me or something?” She then asked, wondering if she and Evan could spend more time together. Evan was clearly a kind person and Theia would have liked to make a new friend.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back