Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Tybalt
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Wow, that was what Rhiannon thought about the school she had just started. from her first glance at the towers and walls of the castle she knew it would be nothing like school in Tazzie, and that wasn't even counting the whole magic thing. Even studying chemistry or history in this place would be total different. She had been sorted into hufflepuff and although she hadn't been told before what that house was meant to signify she liked it though she thought she may have done better in ravenclaw. Being a hufflepuff did have its advantages. the house was nicely located in the middleish of the castle. and what was even better was that it was just down the corridor from the library. even with the moving staircases it was hard to get lost. It was a magical library and the books were amazing. she had the other day found a section about witches from history. Today she headed back to that area to find the book. it was really interesting. she had just gotten up to a section on a witch who had flown across the atlantic ocean. she sat down on one of the chairs and opened the book trying to find the pace she had left the previous night.
she had been there a while when she looked up. she marked the place in the book and went for a walk wondering what else was in that room of discovery. She wandered down aisles of books on potions, charms, fiction books, books on stars, plants, tealeaves, animals, history. literally it must take a lifetime to learn everything in here. one book caught her eyes. 'an introduction to magic for muggleborns". that is what she needed. she felt like she was three steps behind everyone something she had never felt before she had always been the one who was ahead, and smart and she just didn't like being the slow one who was out of touch with everyone else.

Zara was having a brilliant time at Hogwarts. She was completely enthralled in the castle and had started to venture out of her own common room to see what else she could find. Zara was happiest when she was occupied and doing something and exploring the castle seemed to be the best idea at the moment. She needed to start getting to grips with all the staircases and the different parts so that she would be able to find her way around the place once lessons started.

As she was strolling along what she thought was the fourth floor, she finally found a room that she hadn't yet ventured into; the library. Excited, she slowly pushed open the door and was amazed at what she saw. There were more books than she had thought possible! She inhaled slowly, allowing the book smell to infiltrate her body and she slowly began to wander round. As she moved between the book cases she allowed her fingers to trail along the spines of the books as she caught a glimpse of a couple of titles every now and again. The library was so big that Zara hadn't even come across anybody yet. She slowly moseyed around going through the potions and charms section, feeling the excitement about lessons rise up in her. She simply couldn't wait to start learning all about magic. She was completely lost in thought as she trailed around that she didn't notice the person in front of her. Zara didn't notice them until she was two seconds away from them and that wasn't enough time to stop her from physically bumping into them.
"Oh I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed loudly, and then, remembering she was in the library, immediately regretted her loudness. "I mean, I'm really sorry" she said in a whisper, giving a sheepish smile.

OOCOut of Character:
wow. that must be one of the fastest replies i have seen in a while. Sorry i didn't reply last night i was just about off to bed. and sorry this reply is pretty average.

Rhiannon was just reaching for the book when she heard footsteps approaching she took it off the shelf as sht thought it would be a useful read before she looked to see who it was. Unfortunatly she was a second too late. the girl bumped into her. naturally she overbalanced and ended up falling over. sprawled on the floor she looked up. the girl was standing above her. and although she had walked into her she seemed nice. she was certainly quick to apologise. "It's okay. it was just an accident" she said a scottish twang to her tasmanian accent. she looked up at the girl before standing up. "are you new here too?" she asked. the girl seemed to be about the same age as her, and it would be nice to make some friends, or at least get to know people. and what better way to start getting to know someone is there than introducing yourself to them she thought "I'm Rhiannon" she said introducing herself. holding her book to her chest. shaking the girls hand would look too formal Rhi was sure and giving her a hug too friendly. she wasnt sure what else to say. she was pretty sure that she was a new student like her but she wasn't sure and didn't want to say anything stupid.

Zara was glad the girl didn't seem too annoyed at her, she had just completely zoned out for a moment. She was about to offer her a hand before she moved herself off the floor and she chastised herself for not giving a hand sooner. Honestly, it was her fault the girl was on the floor after all. However, she was quickly pulled from her thoughts as the girl began to engage her in conversation. She smiled happily back, hearing the question directed at her: 'are you new here too?'. The 'too' made Zara think that the girl, who now introduced herself as Rhiannon, was also a first year. This thought made Zara very happy as she hoped that she would soon have some new friends. "Hello nice to meet you" she said, a big smile on her face. "I'm Zara and yes, I am new here too!" she continued happily. "Which house are you in?" she asked her, thinking that she hadn't seen Rhiannon in her own common room or dormitory. Well, she hoped she hadn't else she would seem very rude. Zara realised that she must seem very excited right now as she could feel herself bouncing slightly on the balls of her feet and had to remind herself to stop as not everybody was used to her slightly hyperactive self. She would really like to make some friends here at Hogwarts and it didn't seem right to let everybody think she was really strange before she had even properly gotten to know them.

Rhi was glad that the girl was also knew. she was pretty sure she didn't look old enough to be a transfer which meant she was a first year like herself. "How are you finding the castle?" she asked "I swear it is a maze that keeps changing" she said it was a nice place though, and new zealand wasn't too much different from home climate and the scenery was similar. before she was asked what house she was in. "I'm in hufflepuff. the yellow one" she said. although she didn't know much about the houses. she had figured that the hufflepuffs were seen as the house that was a bit of a nothing house. she didn't really mind though after learning about the houses she sort of wished she had been put in ravenclaw with the smart people. She knew that there was no point complaining over spilt mink or feeling sorry for herself. Rhi knew one thing and that was how to make the best of the situations and she wasn't in a bad situation, she was at magic school for crying out loud, what little girl didn't at some point want to learn magic. however it was a surprise she didn't see coming and she had sort of lost her footing bit in the few weeks between finding out and coming here but she knew she would make the most of it and try her best in classes when they started. "how about you? I haven't seen you around before so i am guessing you are in a different house. she said. realising that she was talking too much she shut up letting the other girl talk, she was sjut exited to actually make a friend from a different house.

Zara chuckled as Rhiannon compared Hogwarts to a maze. She nodded along, agreeing; there were just so may corridors and different stair cases! This was something that excited her though, this meant lots of exploring of the castle and she couldn't wait to get out into the grounds to see what they were like. The weather hadn't been great lately and she had been penned inside for far too long. It was then that Zara caught that the other girl was in fact a Hufflepuff! A friend from another house hopefully, Zara thought excitedly to herself. She enjoyed meeting new people and it would be great to know people before lessons properly started. "Oh yes, I'm in Gryffindor - the red one!" she said, a great big smile on her face. She was ever so proud of her house already and she couldn't wait to start properly contributing. "How is Hufflepuff? I don't know much about the house" she admitted to Rhiannon, hoping that she would give her some insight. She wanted to know as much as possible about Hogwarts and what better way than to learn through the people who attended there?!
"How are you finding Hogwarts so far?" she asked, intrigued to see if other people were as excited as her. She hoped she would find people, it was always nice to have somebody to be excited with. How could you not be though? They were going to be learning magic!

Rhiannon as glad that the girl fancied a chat. Her book on an outline of magic for muggle Bourne could wait. A friend would be a lot better than an afternoon reading. When the girl said she was in gryffindor or the red one she was edited. She hadn't met anyone from that house yet, well really she hasn't met anyone from any of the other houses. "wow that one is meant to be brave isn't it?impressive" she said. It may be odd that she knew that about a different house when she didn't even know the main charictoristics of her own one but in the books the charictoristics of hufflepuff ranged form friendly to hard working to, rather unflatteringly, the left overs. hufflepuff is nice. The people there seem really friendly, well most of them do." she said. "hey, I have a seat over there it may be better than hanging in the shelves" she said slowly making her way in the directin of the table. Before the other girl asked her how she was finding g the school i am Enjoying it. The food is amazing and the castle is beautiful but I miss my family and friends. At least I have sushi with me she said referring to her pet cat. Although it may be an odd name for a cat she thought it was a smart one when she had named him as cats were meant to eat fish, and she had just discovered sushi food herself, though she only ate the chicken ones. are you looking forward to classes? Do you know anything about magic already? she said wondering if she was the only one who was totally clueless on the whole magic thing, which looking at the timetable was a rather key aspect of the school.

OOCOut of Character:
many apologies for the delay in response!

Zara was glad that the girl seemed talkative, she would be glad to have somebody to talk to rather than wander around the castle by herself some more. It was nice to hear something about the other houses and was glad that Hufflepuff was also a nice house. She nodded with a smile when Rhiannon told her she had a seat and followed her over to her table, taking a seat opposite her.
"Sushi?" Zara questioned cocking her head to the side in bewilderment. Rhiannon said that she had this with her. She wondered what on earth, or who on earth, Sushi was - it seemed like a very bizarre name! "Oh yes, I can't wait to get started" Zara said excitedly, responding to Rhiannon's question about classes. "Not too much, I haven't done anything apart from accidental magic when I was younger. It's going to be so great actually getting started though!" she said excitedly, chatting away. "I've always known that magic exists but my parents didn't tell me too much about it so I feel like I've got loads to learn" she informed Rhiannon. "Are you excited about getting started?" she asked. Zara really hoped the girl was; so far she hadn't found anybody excited about starting yet which she had found somewhat strange. She was starting to feel a niggle of worry that nobody else was as keen as her and thus she would be the weird one who actually wanted to be here. She therefore really hoped that here was somebody who really wanted to be here too.

Rhi sat at the table the chars weren't like the chars in the library she had been in before. they were more comfortable. yes there were desk chairs in the library but she had chosen a spot with arm chairs. she curled her feet up on, sitting into a position she was comfortable. "sorry, I was talking about sushi my cat, not the food" she said. realising how odd it would be if the girl was thinking she was talking about california roll or some other food.
when the other girl started chatting as much as she was she realised she wasn't the only one who was exited. she nodded when Zara said the only magic she had sone was accidental things when she was little. she didn't think that she had done any but apparently she must have done. She was Surprised that the other girl had known about magic all her life. she hadn't thought that people would be in any other situation than her. "Really. you knew about magic your whole life? I only found out it was real a few a few weeks ago" she said. she didn't know that some people in the school would hold that seriously against her. she had by now heard the term muggle but didn't get what it implied any more than not being a witch or wizard. "I am really exited about getting started. I have had a scan through the books, and it all looks really interesting. especially charms and potions. it is all a lot different from the books i would have had at school" she said. smiling glad to be finally making a friend.

Zara chuckled lightly as Rhiannon explained that Sushi was the name of her cat; it made a bit more sense to her now. Her eyes lit up as she heard that Rhiannon was also excited about getting started and it instilled some hope in her that maybe the two of them could be friends.
"I know what you mean about the books! They're brilliant aren't they?" she asked happily, thinking back to when she had scanned her school books in anticipation. "I'm really looking forward to charms too, it sounds like a brilliant subject" she agreed, smiling widely at Rhiannon.
"Where are you from then? Do you have any brothers and sisters?" Zara asked her, hoping that she wasn't being too inquisitive. She just thought it would be nice if they perhaps got to know each other a bit more. She thought back to her own family back in Greymouth and missed them slightly. She used to love going down to the beach on the wild, windy days and running around with her younger sister. It was only natural for her to miss her family but she quickly shook her head; she couldn't miss them too much after all with all the exciting things that she would soon be learning about! And she had promised to write to her family to tell them all about it as they were almost as excited as her!

Rhiannon nodded when her new friend said that the books looked brilliant. "yes. so fascinating I haven't had time to do more than skim them but such an interesting skim. some of the spells wound so amazing, and the sounds like such fun" she said not knowing how hard work it was to master some of the spells.
when Zara asked about her family and where she was from Rhi smiled. "I'm from Tasmania" she said though her scottish accent gave it away that she was from more than Australia "Originally i am from Scotland. I only have one brother who is older than me" she said. thinking about Ian. she wandered what he was doing. probably studying his physics or doing some english assignment in his room which he always seemed to be working on. he always seemed to be working. she wished sometimes that he had more time so spend with her but she knew he wanted to do well at school to get into engineering. "where are you from? and do you have any siblings?" she asked returning the question curious now as to where her friend was from. she though she could pick up a kiwi accent but she wasn't sure. "have you explored the castle much? I think i will get lost and i heard the stairs move" she asked wondering if she would confirm or deny these rumours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back