Fake | Precocious | No Remorse
OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Open after Pheeb

A thunderstorm wasn't the only thing brewing that afternoon. Molly had a plan. She was sick and tired of Tres asking for her stupid orange sweater back - the one she'd had on loan since the first day of school. Actually, it wasn't a stupid sweater, it was a lovely sweater, snug and comfy and fashionable, which was exactly the problem. If Molly couldn't have it, she didn't see why anybody should have it. Especially not Tres, who already had lots of amazing clothes and looked good in basically anything.

So when it began to rain, Molly grabbed the sweater, marched outside, and found a secluded spot in the gardens to set her plan into motion. First she found the biggest, dirtiest, sludgiest puddle she could, and dumped the sweater into it, pressing it right in with her shoe. Then she pulled it out, sopping wet and covered in mud, hooked it over the broken branch of a tree, and yanked with all her strength. There was a terrific rip as the sleeve became detached from the shoulder. That would probably do it. She was about to head back to the castle when she realised she needed to make her story look legitimate. Grimacing, she knelt down in the cold puddle and rolled over, getting her arms, hands, legs, and even hair coated in mud. Then she pulled on the congealed, torn sweater and went back inside.

People were staring. Molly ignored them, dripping a trail of muddy water as she waddled into the great hall. Her face crumpled. She started to shake. It was quite convincing. Any decent friend would be far more worried about her than the sweater. Now she just had to hope that Tres was a decent friend.

Tres had wanted to spend more time outside, but after the bad weather was due to strike she'd kept herself in doors where it would be dry and warm. She still hadn't forgotten that one of her housemates had borrowed her favourite jumper at the beginning of the year when they met, and while Tres had reluctantly loaned it to Molly, the Slytherin had seemed very hesitant to give it back. Part of her wondered if she didn't have any warm clothes of her own, but she could have sworn she'd seen something suitable in her wardrobe over the last year, and so there was no reason that Molly shouldn't have given it back to Tres as soon as she could. She'd been flattered to begin with, but now that the weather was turning cold, she missed her favourite orange sweater.

As the first year sat in the Great Hall, eating some food as she watched others in her house talking, wondering how she was meant to join in with their conversations and make some more friends, she caught site of someone walking towards her to her left. She turned her head, and the smile that had been on her face for the last few minutes dropped as she laid her eyes on her dormmate who seemed to have been dragged through a dirty puddle backwards. "Molly.." she began, surprised to see her in that state at all. She must have been caught out in the rain. Tres looked over the girl, and it was only then that she realised she'd been wearing her jumper at the time, and it was now destroyed beyond repair. She swallowed nervously, taking in the fact she was never going to get her favourite one back after this. "What happened?" she asked, more curious to know why she'd been wearing it outside than as to why she was filthy at all.

This wasn't the reaction Molly had hoped for. Tres looked surprised, but she didn't look particularly worried, or sympathetic. Clearly Molly wasn't trying hard to enough. She sniffed and wiped her face, smearing mud on her nose. "I was walking back from the greenhouse and someone... someone pushed me!" she sobbed suddenly, dropping her head and letting her hair fall over her crocodile tears. Then, as if noticing her clothes for the first time, she gasped. "Oh my God, this is your jumper. Oh no, Tres, I'm so sorry. And wasn't it one of your favourites? I am the worst friend in the whole world. I'll give you one of mine, I promise, you can have any of them. Ugh, I am SO angry. How could someone do this to me?"

Tres wasn't entirely sure whether to trust Molly, she always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but as the first year watched her..friend.. explain that she'd been attacked outside, she couldn't help but feel a little sorry for her. As Molly noticed the jumper, Tres was more inclined to believe it, after all she hadn't even noticed until now. "Don't worry about the jumper," she found herself saying, although she was still sad deep down she'd never wear it again, "I'm just glad you're okay," she tried to give the girl a smile since she wasn't sure if a hug would be appreciated. She looked cold and she probably hurt if she'd been pushed over. "Who was it that did it?" she asked, curious to know who and why someone in the school would do something like this. Tres didn't need any of Molly's jumper either, they didn't look quite as nice as her's, but she hoped her friend would understand.

Molly nodded. "Yes, I'm OK. Just embarrassed," she added. Tres couldn't possibly think she was lying when she was admitting to something so embarrassing. She glanced quickly at the nearest table, trying to think of somebody she couldn't see. "I... I didn't really see, but I think it was Eric." Molly had to fight against the tug of a grin. Gosh, she was a genius. Eric Holland was just the sort of person who would push someone in a muddy puddle for no reason, and she'd thought of his name on the spot. "I'll get him back for this, I promise."

Permission to use Eric as a scapegoat granted ;D

Last edited:
Tres could understand perfectly that it must have been a humiliating action, regardless of whether or not anyone witnessed it. The Slytherin scowled when she heard the Gryffindor's name. She'd already seen him a couple of times and he always looked as though he had something sour in his mouth. "Eugh, it was probably him," it sounded like something that horrible boy would do anyway. "I can help you if you want?" She needed to get revenge on her jumper after all.

"No, it's okay, I'll do it," said Molly quickly. The last thing she needed was Tres getting involved, and it transpiring that Eric had an alibi. "I don't want him to start on you, too. But it's fine, I can handle him." She looked down at her arms and grimaced. "I need to shower. Will you come back to the dorm with me? I'll let you go through my jumpers and you can pick one to keep forever. Honestly, it's the least I can do."

Tres was pretty sure at this point that the Gryffindor wouldn't have had anything against her yet, but she nodded and decided perhaps it would be better for her friend to do something instead, provided of course Tres was kept up with all the details. She didn't particularly want to borrow one of her jumpers though, not just because they weren't as nice but also because every time she'd borrow some of her sisters, it was a reminder that she was always the last person to get anything that was handed down through the siblings. "Alright," she found herself saying though, not wanting Molly to get attacked for a second time on her way there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back