Thank You

Kate Archer

OOC First Name
Johanna
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
When Kate woke up she felt all drozy and dizzy.She then realised she was lying on a bed.She opened her eyes and everything was blurry but then it focused.She saw Isobel beside her bed and a nurs at the other side of the room.She had never fainted before so she was very confused.Everything was processing very slowly "Whheree am I"She asked her voice barely over a whisper.Her head was pounding and she wished she could faint again.

Isobel had carried Kate into the hospital wing. Well, she had got her as far as the castle, before finding a friend to watch over her as she fetched a nurse. The nurse had got Kate to the hospital wing and had suggested that Isobel stayed with her. She didn't really want to be there, and get seen as someone who cared, but as she had been there, she felt responsible to make sure that she was ok. She had sat there for about 5 minutes and had then decided to leave. As she was getting up, she noticed that Kate had started to stir. Not wanting to be caught leaving, she quickly sat down again. "Its ok. You fainted. You are in the hospital wing." She said, trying to keep the boredom out of her voice. She had practised what she would say, but it didn't come out the way she had planned.

Even though Kate was barely able to keep her eyes open she could here the bordeom in Isobel's eyes.Ignoring it she looked at her surrondings she had never been in the hospital wing before.It smelt funny and Kate didn't really like it.It then dawned on her that the nurse would begin to ask questions about her weight and why she wasn't eating and the nurse would probably make her eat food.But she looked at her hand and saw a tube inside it it.Kate sighed in relief they were feeding her through the tube at least she wouldn't have to puke it all up. "I'm surprised to see you even brought me here"She said her eye brows raised.She hadn't expected Isobel of all people t bring her to the hospital wing.She tried to dit up but a wave of dizziness came over her and she was forced to go back to her original position "So how long have I been out"She asked hoping Isobel would stay.Kate needed company at the moment she was grateful to Isobel for bringing her here. "Thanks"Sh muttered under her breath

Isobel shrugged. "Well i was hardly going to leave you in the middle of a quidditch pitch at 7 in the morning. Im not all evil." She said, slightly hurt by this girl's opinion of her. Ok, so maybe she deserved it but that comment was still quite harsh in her opinion. You have been out for about 15 mins. It took me 10 to get you here, but you have been in that bed for about 5. Its a good thing you are hardly eating anything, you were really light." She said, trying to make Kate feel better about the fact that she wasn't eating. She smiled faintly at her. It was faint, but the smile was still there.

Kate laughed "I suppose not though I say it again thanks"she said.If she was mean she could hold this against Isobel but she wouldn't Kate wasn't like that really. Kate added up the minutes in her head "So about half an hour"Kate said worriedly she had never been out for that long before she started to bite her lip.this wasn't good not good at all.Kate smiled faintly at Isobel's comment."Well I guess staving yourself has its advantages"She said sighing she then caught sight of Isobel's smile it was faint but it was a real smile unlike the one she gave her earlier."So what did the nurse say"She asked tiredly she really wanted some water but she was to tired to ask fainting had drained all her energy which was strange.

Isobel raised her eyebrows again. "Why are you starving yourself? Isn't that too dramatic. I mean, its only a boy." She said, thinking how dramatic and a little OTT this whole situation was. But, ever since her mum died and her parents divorced, and she hadn't been too dramatic about it, she hardly felt any sympathy towards anyone else. "The nurse said you are going to have to stay here for a tiny bit to get better and get normal again." She said, twisting the nurse's words slightly. She knew that Kate had to eat more and get healthy again, but she thought it was still too OTT for her liking.

Kate sighed she knew that question was coming and the answer was she didn't know. "I'm not sure I only went off food for one day and when I started trying to eat again I just couldn't do it and when I forced myself it just all came back up"Kate said sadly thinking of what a dreadful situation she had gotten herself into. "Well if |i am to stay here until I get better I will be here a long time"Kate said shaking her head sadly.It would take a long time for her to get totally back to normal. "So are you going to tell me anything about yourself nothing personal or are you just going to sit there through the awkaward silence.Kate said shakily pouring some water into a a cup.

Isobel sighed. She didn't really want to have to sit in a hospital wing with someone she thought was overreacting, but she felt it was her duty. Smirking, she shrugged thinking that it was all overdone with this guy. She moved in her seat, trying to find a comfortable position. "Me? What do you want to know?" She asked rudely, wondering why this girl was interested in her private life.

Kate rolled her eyes.This girl was a typical Slytherin "Its not like I want to know everything about you I would just like to know the basics like where di you live do you have any brothers or sister and so on"Kate said wondering why the girl was so private.But it wasn't her business to ask.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry its so short

Isobel shrugged. She was a private girl, and didn't really like to tell people about herself. "Im from Oxford, England. I am an only child thankfully." She said, stopping here and wondering what else Kate would ask. She didn't normally like to spill about herself, and would only answer questions when they were asked to her. She wasn't someone who gave away a lot about herself with a simple question. She fiddled with the arm of her chair, not really sure whether she should leave or not. She didn't want to leave Kate alone, but wouldn't admit this to the older girl.

(OOC: No don't worry :D so is this one :( )

Kate rolled her eyes.She had met people like this before and she sighed knowibg this was the only way to get some information on her. "You live not that far from me then"Kate said.She wasn't exactly sure where she lived but she knew Oxford wasn't that far from it. Okay so if you want this to be like an interveiw.What kind of music do you like"She asked taking another sip of her water.She was starting to feel a small bit better and even though Isobel in a small way annoyed her she was glad of the company.Any member of her family would be fussing over her.So in a way she was glad that Isobel was just sitting there and talking to her."Thanks for staying"She said quietly

Isobel shrugged lightly. It didn't bother her that she would live close to Kate, but she guessed that it would be fun for her to have Ryan around. She didn't think of him any more as a tool, but more as someone she wanted to know better. Wondering if Kate had entranced her into thinking like this, she smirked at the thought. "Music? Well i play the piano and i sing. But i don't really care that much about music. If you want to discuss it though, go and talk to Alice." She said, her voice hardening slightly. Her voice was one of those rare ones that had a good solid essence to it, but she told herself not to boast and didn't want to end up being pestered.

Kate smiled "You do, I love music too."She said.Music was part of how she was her parents said she could sing before she could talk and that she had always tapped her foot to the music.Kate noticed the slight change in Isobel's voice when she said Alice.She wondered what happened to the two of them.Cousins weren't supposed to hate each other.Well Kate didn't think so but that wasn't right they should at least try and sort everything between them.Why would someone want to go around hating someone?Kate didn't know but she would try and help them. "So am whats up with you and Alice"She asked quietly.She wasn't sure what sort of response she would get bu it was worth a try.She could easily ask Alice anyway.

Isobel raised her eyebrows. "Me and Alice?" She asked, not actually wanting an answer, just trying to prevent answering so soon. "Well, we've never got on really. She doesn't like me and i don't like her." She said simply, twisting the facts to her own advantage. She was a skilled liar and could pull one off without anyone knowing that she was doing that. Her dad was the only one that could sometimes tell, but he would never admit it to himself that he had raised a lying daughter so he just believed her, half-heartedly.

Kate raised her eyebrows.She didn't think that was the truth or at least the full truth anyway."I see"she said taking another sip of water.She absent mindly started humming under her breath. "So you have any questions for me"She asked looking around the hospital for the first time.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry its so short :(

Isobel shrugged. "No. But talk if you want." She said, her voice cool now. Leaning back in the chair, she closed her eyes and waited for the voice to continue.

(OOC: No, sorry for this one. Its sooo bad. Probably could make history in HNZ for the worst post :p )

Kate rolled her eyes "You know you are very annoying"She said lying down properly on her bed.She was suddenly very tired and sleepy.She yawned "So why did ya do that to Ryan"She asked knowing this was totally a random question but she wanted to know why someone would be that mean to her brother.

OOCOut of Character:
Don't worry I have done a few like that too!! :p

Isobel sighed and rolled her eyes before closing them. "Why do you want to know?" She asked, being as awkward as possible. "But if you want to know, because i hate my cousin and i hate his girlfriend." She said, shrugging lightly. "It was easy, and they both got upset, so see it from my perspective." She said, wondering if anyone in the world understood her, or if she was just so strange that no one could even bother to think from her shoes at all. Ever.

Kate nodded strangely she understood.It was a good way to get to her enemies."Smart"She said smiling and meaning it.She lied down on the pillow and closed her eyes.She was really tired but for some reason she wasn't falling asleep.This always annoyed her that she couldn't just fall asleep she had to try and listen to music.She sighed wondering what was going to happen to her life.She was scared about her health if she didn't act soon she would slowly fade away. She started picking at the hem of the sheet.She hadn't told anybody the real reason as to why she couldn't eat.She couldn't really believe it herself.Who would of thought her body would resist the food and puke it back up. "Why do you think I an't eat"She asked quietly wondering if Isobel thought it was because of Stefan.

Isobel had closed her eyes for a few minutes, thinking how good it would be if she could go to sleep. "What do i think?" She asked, sighing at the prospect of more talking. She didn't really mind it that much, and appreciated Kate's thought from her perspective, but she did like silence as well. "I think that originally it started out as you were feeling bad because of Stefan, but now i think it has got worse. Like when people cry, if you cry so much, you can't stop crying and then you make yourself sick from not breathing enough." She said, trying to explain what she meant. "All it needs is someone to come along and calm you down enough so that you can sort yourself out. Although, if you have been like that for a while, it takes much longer." She said, wondering if it made sense. She was trying to be nice, but sharp comments came to mind quicker and easier than nice ones so it was taking effort for her.

Kate closed her eyes and stayed silent after Isobel explained her theory.That was what Kate thought too but she had wanted a second opinion.But now came the hard part of actually getting back on her feet she knew it would be hard and she would probably struggle but that was a reason she had friends to help you when she fall.Finally she opened her eyes and spoke "Yes that was what I thought"She said sadly wishing none of this had never happened. There was an awkward silence between them before Kate thought of a question she didn't know why it had come to her mind and she hoped Isobel wouldn't find offence to it but Kate was curious. "Am Isobel have you ever lost someone important?"She asked quietly hoping she wouldn't get an angry reaction

Isobel raised her eyebrows slightly as the question came to her. She hadn't told anyone yet and not because she was ashamed or upset, but because no one had asked and she didn't want people's sympathy if she had almost 'asked for it.' So no one but her cousin knew, and Alice treated her differently because of it, this was part of the reason why she didn't like her. "Yes." She said plainly, sighing inwardly as she found the strength to talk about it to this girl that she had now grown to like. "My mother died when i was 7. She and my dad divorced when i was 5 and i lived with her. For the past few years i have been living with my dad, but he is hardly ever at home. So in a way, i have lost both of them." She said, her eyes closed as she tried to stop the stubborn tears from trickling down her face. One escaped and she left it there, thinking that she would attract more attention by wiping it away. It vanished quickly, but with her eyes shut, Isobel didn't see if Kate had noticed or not yet.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply :jesse: )

Kate listened to Isobel.she appreciated the fact that Isobel told her she wouldn't comfort her or say anything because it happened a long time ago and she probably didn't want sympathy.Kate wouldn't anyway it would just open a closed scar.She smiled as a tear fell from Isobel's eyes.Kate finally knew that this girl has a soft side though she would never admit it.Kate hesitantly put her hand on Isobel's and gave it a quick squeeze.She then moved it back to where it was before.Over the past day kate had begun to like Isobel she wasn't what she seemed there was a nice more fragile part of her."Thanks"she said quietly.Kate meant that thanks for a lot of things a)for listening to Kate moaning b)for bringing her to the hospital and staying with her and c)for telling her this.She sighed she wondered why Isobel liked to be mean to people wouldn't it be better to have a lot of friends and maybe one or two enemies? "Isobel I think you and Ryan could be friends"she said quietly.she wasn't sure where this was coming from but she knew if Ryan saw this little good side to Isobel he would change his mind and Kate thought Isobel needed friends not enemies.She didn't say anything else she would let Isobel decided and she had to Kate would talk to Ryan.

OOCOut of Character:
Its grand! :)

Isobel smiled as Kate squeezed her hand. The walls that she had built up had now gone and she felt better for admitting it to someone. She knew that it was a weak area in her and if she was going to continue with her reputation, she would need to push it aside and not tell anyone else any more. She looked up at Kate as she suggested them being friends. "That would be really nice. But he wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore. He is already friends with Alice." She said with a sigh. She would really like some normal friends that appreciated her, but she knew that she had made a bad 1st impression and you couldn't have a 2nd chance at a 1st impression. Sighing, she turned her face away so that Kate couldn't see it.

Kate smiled she was glad to see a proper smile on Isobel's face it was a difference to all the scowls and cold smiles.Kate could see that Isobel was upset.She would talk to Ryan and tell him that Isobel is really nice "You know I'm sure if you just talk to him and make him understand.I do rub off on him sometimes"She said smiling wondering if Isobel understood.Kate always believed there was a good side to somebody and if you were a good person you would dig deep and get to that nice part.But her other siblings disagreed with her they didn't look past the person but some of her had rubbed off on Ryan.He would sometimes take the time to actually talk to the person and if Ryan wasn't being in a very talktive mood she would help out.. "If you want I could come with you he might actually listen then"She said laughing a bit.Ryan always had a habit of ignoring things but she was sometimes an exception she knew that Ryan had a soft spot for her and she could maybe use that as and advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back