Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 10" Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Kaleb, still in his Slytherin robes, led Leia down the lawn with her hand in his, before stopping at the edge of the forest. He was not the type to back down from a challenge. However, this Slytherin was no Gryffindor, and the only thing holding him here was pride and the fact that he hated to lose. However, he would never admit that even the slightest thought of another creature about to attack would send this Slytherin running. He was not a Gryffindor, and surely not brave in the slightest hint. Kaleb glanced over at Leia, and smirked, "Well, here we are. Afraid yet?" Kaleb was not even scared in the slightest. Not yet anyway. There was no sign of any potential danger. Why be scared?

Lame! Lack of words. >.<

Leia followed Kaleb out of the castle and through the lawn until the two of them were standing at the edge of the forbidden forest. They hadn't even gone in yet and already the placed seemed quieter, as if people were avoiding it (oh right, they were) and the place gave her the chills. She rubbed her arm, the one that was hand in hand with Kaleb which made her smile happily for a moment, as she was starting to regret wearing her purple tank but when she had gotten dressed that day she didn't know she was going to meet an extremely cute boy who would then lead her into the Forbidden Forest. What am I getting myself into? she thought to herself, but her conscious was telling her 'Too late, I tried to warn you.' Once again the 'devil' part of her appeared and said, 'Who cares, you're here already, Kaleb's with you, nothing bad will happen. Just go in, get out, and win! It's a win-win situation, you win the challenge and you win Kaleb,' her devil-self convinced her.

Leia turned to look up at Kaleb when he finally spoke, instantly forgetting all her fears when he smirked at her in that way. "Not even a little bit," she lied through her signature smile, a hint of mischief in her chocolate eyes. As long as she didn't see any spiders, she was good. "So, we're not just going to stand here all day are we?" she asked him rhetorically with a smirk as her black flats crunched against the ground when she began taking the first few steps towards the dark forest. She was trying to show that she wasn't scared but she wasn't going to let go of Kaleb's hand, which she had unknowingly tightened her grip on.

Kaleb glanced behind him at some of the students that were backing off and whispering. He had luckily taken off the cloak part, so it would not get snagged on anything. So, only his white shirt and tie would really be in any danger. Plus, he also looked good with a white shirt and tie. Some of the students were whispering, and some of the girls looked disappointed or even jealous. This made Kaleb feel good, that he was still desired. All Kaleb had to make sure that he did not technically ask any girl to be his girlfriend, and he could toy around with as many as his heart desired. Kaleb was happy though, where he was at. Holding hands with a very gorgeous girl.

Kaleb thought, I wouldn't really mind sticking to just this one. There is just something about her. Kaleb dismissed that thought. He wanted a variety. Not just one will fill his desires. Kaleb smiled in his mind. Though having Leia at his side, as a real girlfriend wouldn't be too bad. Even if she was a Hufflepuff. Kaleb however, couldn't have that. Something leaked into his mind and told him that she wasn't ever going to be good enough for him. And when the time came that she needed to know that, he would tell it to her. When he got bored. Sad to say, that was just the way it was going to be. Nothing more than a fun little toy.

Kaleb turned his attention to the beauty next to him, when she responded to him. He wondered if she was trying to hide her fears, like he was. Kaleb was afraid of any sort of creature that wasn't remotely natural. Spiders, he could handle, but talking things freaked him out. Kaleb managed to bottle his fears like any other emotion. It was as simple as anger or depression. Something that took ages to do. You can't turn back. You cannot lose the girl, and you cannot lose the challenge. You are no coward, and you are not some loser who missed out on a babe! Get it together! he ordered himself. Kaleb stared straight ahead, just waiting.

Kaleb smirked when she took the first steps, and noticed that she wouldn't let go of his hand. In fact, her grip at tightened. "In a hurry, are we?" Kaleb laughed softly, and took a few steps until he was into the forest. It was dark, and soon, they would be far enough in so they could not be seen. Kaleb also wanted to show off his tree climbing skills. Kaleb soon was ahead of Leia, and he smirked once more at her, his blue-gray eyes sparkling in amusement, "Once we get far enough in, I'll show you my tree climbing skills, and we can hang out in the trees. That is, if you don't turn around and run screaming." He was not about to lose this, and well, he would not allow anything to get to her either. Like any other Styx or Zhefarovich, acting or not, he was naturally protective.

Leia could've sworn she noticed a few glares being thrown at her by different girls they passed, but she didn't pay too much attention to them. Her focus was on Kaleb so she was oblivious to the looks of jealousy they expressed when they saw that his focus seemed to be on her too. She laughed playfully at his comment of her being in a hurry but only stuck her tongue out in response. She was not in a hurry, she would rather avoid the forest if she could, but she didn't want to lose the challenge.

She had never considered being with someone, it definitely wasn't on her mind upon arriving at Hogwarts, but so far this was one of the best days she'd had at Hogwarts and it was all thanks to Kaleb. Before, any boy she met in New York was either too intimidated to talk to her or not her 'type' which was the athletic, adventurous type. She gazed up at Kaleb once more, smiling rather amorously, definitely an obvious sign that she had fallen for him, as she checked off the two requirements a boy had to meet, Kaleb was something more than just 'adventurous' though. He was dangerous and mysterious which added a whole new level of excitement for the Hufflepuff, not to mention he was incredibly good looking. It was probably too good to be true, there had to be something wrong. Her subconscious had been warning her to stay away but she just couldn't and that was never a good sign, but right now his charm was continuously working on her so she shrugged all her worries off.

Leia followed him into the forest, glancing over her shoulder one last time and already the entrance looked so far away, but she had to suck it up and continued with him. He began talking about how he'd show her his tree climbing skills if she didn't run away and she rolled her brown eyes playfully. "Please, I'd probably be able to climb the tree faster than you," she challenged him yet again with a flirty smirk on her face. She was no longer slightly behind him anymore, allowing him to lead, but rather side by side, subtly saying she wasn't just going to let him take the lead all the time. The forest was getting darker and she wondered how far he wanted to go in, but wasn't going to even dare asking aloud because it'd would make her seem weak.

Kaleb continued walking, and glanced to the side to see that Leia had quickened her pace so that she was next to him. Not like he minded. He liked being next to her. It seemed better than any other girl that was at his side. Well, any of them that wasn't his best friend, Carmen. Things seemed almost natural of them being together, to Kaleb. As for Leia, it almost seemed that way but alas, it wasn't. Thus, she just wouldn't mean anything to him unless something changed over time. Kaleb sighed silently. It was the truth, and there was nothing that he could do about it. Not like he wanted to, for those feelings of...whatever, he just didn't have them.

Kaleb glanced down at her again, seeing her smile. There was something in it that made Kaleb feel accomplished. In his mind, he smirked and stated, You got her. Kaleb was glad that he had her. And now, for some fun. Fun for the both of them. For the grand finale will be the best for him, it will have to wait. Wait for the perfect time. The perfect opportunity. With a flick of his head a tiny bit, his hair moved slightly out of his eyes. Kaleb glanced back, and smirked slightly. They were out of sight, just like he preferred it. Kaleb stopped walking, and gazed down at the beauty. His voice was smooth like velvet, and the smirk on his face remained, "Is this far enough for you?"

However the next challenge took him off guard. He laughed, "Ah, just one at a time. However, when it does come to tree climbing, you'll find me rather quick at it." His eyes sparkled with mischief, as within a a smooth moment, Kaleb released his hold on her hand, and glanced to the side, where a huge tree rested fit for climbing. Within an instant, he practically glided over to the tree, and began to climb with ease. He was grateful that his shoes were not slick against the bark. He stood on a stable branch, his arm hanging on to one above, and his back against the bark. "Think you can do better than that?" It did not take him long, but then again, he wasn't too fast at it either. He hoped that she would come up and join him.

Leia was glad that Kaleb had been the one to decide when to stop, it was a good distance, she couldn't see the entrance to the forest anymore. When he asked if it was far enough she simply smiled and nodded her head. Surprisingly, her fear was ebbing away, being replaced instead with excitement and the thrill of danger at being here with Kaleb. He let go of her hand and said to take one each challenge one at a time and she stuck her tongue out at him. Almost as soon as he had finished saying he was a rather fast climber, he began doing just that. Leia watched him climb to the top and she giggled before he asked if she could do better. "Just you watch," she said rather teasingly though she really didn't think she could climb it faster than him. She thanked her lucky stars that she had chosen to wear jeans today and not a dress, as she began climbing, though her black flats were a bit of a problem, if only she'd worn her Converse as well. Still it wasn't that much of a problem because she had managed to make it up to the top with Kaleb without losing a shoe. She situated herself in the branches and flashed a wide grin at him as she brushed her bangs out of her face. She was glad they were up here because she felt that if there were creatures, they couldn't get them from up here. "Okay so maybe I didn't climb it as fast as you," she admitted, but that didn't mean he won the challenge.

Kaleb smirked as he watched her climb as well. He was having fun. Perhaps too much fun? Nah, the fun was just about to begin. Kaleb wanted to move closer to her, but his balance wasn't the best in the world. Kaleb could only smirk when she responded, and finally allowed a soft laugh to escape his lips. "I would consider it a draw, for both challenges. Would you consider it a draw? Or would you want something out of it?" Kaleb was curious. He had to know, and wondered if she was like him. He always wanted something out of a challenge, whether he came out the victor or in a draw. However, pride was good enough in the winning, but what about the draw? Kaleb had never been in a draw before, and this was so unusual. For him, it was. Kaleb was at a loss for words, as he stared at Leia. For the first time, he really did appreciate how pretty she was, and her competitiveness made her practically glow in his blue-gray eyes. Out of all the girls I mess with, she just might be my favorite. Kaleb continued to smirk mischievously. Though his eyes were void of emotion, he truly had no idea what he was going to do next.

Leia adjusted herself a little better, allowing both her legs to swing freely sitting as if she were saddling a horse. "A draw?" she repeated with interest as Kaleb began giving her the two options between their challenges. Or would you want something out of it? What? What could she get? She raised her eyebrows half skeptically, half interested, "Let's say I choose to get something out of it, what are my options?" she asked, her musical voice only made it come out rather teasingly though her smile contrasted and showed her young innocence. She would've been fine in a draw with Kaleb, she just wanted to consider the other option possibly.

Kaleb decided to sit down, with his back still leaned against the bark rather comfortably. He waited for her answer. Would she settle for a draw? Kaleb’s smirk vanished as he nodded when she repeated the phrase a draw. Kaleb leaned forward, and spoke the options in a murmur, “You admit that you lost, or you come to the Halloween feast with me, or go out on a ‘date’. Get ice cream or something sweet, is what I mean. So, what will it be, miss Leia?” Kaleb smirked once more, adding more to his mischievous features. He leaned away, and folded his arms across his chest. Kaleb flicked his hair back, and wondered what the Hufflepuff girl had to say to that. He couldn’t help but think that he had actually grown to like her. But he decided to linger on the ‘if’ part before he knew for sure.

Leia was so glad her small hands were gripping tightly onto the tree branch she was sitting on otherwise she might've lost her balance from 'swooning' over Kaleb. After hearing what her options were, aside from admitting she lost, it definitely sounded better than a lame ol' 'draw.' Leia bit her lip to stop herself from grinning too widely and pretended to ponder as she weighed her options. "Well I'm definitely not admitting to losing," she began with an eye roll as if this were obvious, "but what would you say if I wanted both?" she concluded with a smirk on her face, trying to mirror Kaleb's perfect one. "I think it's a win-win situation really," she added with an innocent look as if to convince him.

Kaleb noticed her reaction, and a glimmer of pride sparkled in his eyes. He had her, and he liked that fact. However, he wasn’t about to share that aloud. However, what amused him was that she was actually thinking about it. Was he losing his charms? Kaleb went over his actions, his acting, and no, he wasn’t losing anything. Surely she wasn’t about to reject him. No, how could anyone reject Kaleb? No no, it wasn’t until Kaleb heard her speak when he knew that he had her. However, her answer shocked him. His smirk had vanished, and he was laughing nervously. Kaleb reclaimed his smirk, and responded, “Well, I was actually hoping for one answer, never really thought about having two. But well, we both get something out of it, don’t we?” Kaleb added, “I’m willing for both though. I would have been shocked if you took up the first option.”

Leia was anxious for his reply, wondering if he was thinking she wasn't worth two 'dates' if the Halloween option counted as a date. It was so dark she could barely see his facial features, so she didn't notice the smirk fade and return though once he spoke again, she smiled again in relief. 'I'm willing for both though.' She smirked almost in triumph but that wasn't like a challenge to her, she was just happy that he was willing for both. "I would never take the first option, especially not compared to the other options you offered," she said playfully. "I'm surprised though, I didn't take you for a Halloween type of guy," she laughed lightly.

Kaleb stared at Leia, glad that they were going to the Halloween feast together and out on a ‘date’. However, a dreaded thought came to mind, and Kaleb managed to uphold his appearance and hide his emotions. Carmen… That name almost made Kaleb feel… Guilty? No, Kaleb wasn’t supposed to feel guilty. He hid this emotion that he was feeling, yet unnamed by him, and smirked all the same. “Well, I guess the last two options were the best of them all. Figured you wouldn’t take to losing.” Kaleb flicked his hair back, and shrugged, “I’m not usually. But eh, better than hanging around in the common room all night, right?” Kaleb shrugged lazily. He honestly didn’t care about Halloween.

Leia grinned brightly at Kaleb happily unable to believe he had actually asked her on a date and she had accepted. Seriously she'd be crazy not to accept, he was a total sweetheart! Well at least so far to her, she didn't think he could be cold to anyone. She chuckled when he said he figured she wouldn't take to losing. She raised her eyebrows and said, "Come on, would you have chosen to admit defeat?" as a smirk was placed softly on her lips. She certainly wouldn't, especially not when he had presented her with such great options. When he said going to the Halloween feast was better than staying in the common room all night she agreed, "Right!" She giggled lightly as she brushed a few bangs out of her face and continued swinging her legs. "So, what would you dress up as?" she asked teasingly. She was glad that the forest didn't seem as scary as she thought otherwise she wouldn't be enjoying herself now.

Kaleb had to think for a moment. No, he would never admit defeat. That was just the way he was. Spirited to the very soul. However, he had no idea that he would not be at the Great Hall for the feast. No, he would be in the common room, but he did not know the future of which befalls him. Kaleb shook his head, “I most certainly would not have say that I have been defeated. I believe you would know that by now.” He smirked once more, but couldn’t shake the grave feeling that washed over him. Kaleb thought for a moment, brushing aside the feeling, “I honestly don’t know yet. I guess you’ll be surprised, won’t you.” He laughed, wanting her to practically die of anticipation, as if that would happen anyhow.

Leia nodded her head softly when Kaleb agreed that he would not have admitted defeat. She supposed that this unwillingness was a character trait of Slytherin that she possessed. She was reminded back before school started when she would tell people she thought she possessed a little Slytherin in her and they would practically freak out, one of her best friend's Oscar mostly. Still, the Snake inside her wasn't very dominant at all, of course, so small that the Hat probably didn't even notice it nor give the House consideration. Leia belonged in Hufflepuff where she was destined to spend her seven years changing the 'negative' stereotypes and turn them into positive ones.

Leia's thoughts subsided when Kaleb began talking again and answered her question. She grinned when he said she'd be surprised. "Hmm, I can't wait," she said softly with a coy smile on her face. Although going to the Halloween feast together was a nice added bonus to their 'win', Leia was most excited for their date but she didn't want to bring it up and come off too eager and thus turn him off of the idea. Leia adjusted herself on the rather large tree branch so she was balancing on the branch cross-legged, once again thanking her lucky stars that she decided to wear jeans today. She leaned forward, so her palms were placed down in front of her on the branch, and a devious smirk formed on her lips as she thought of something. "Ever been light on your feet Kaleb?" she asked in her musical voice.

Kaleb thought it was rather amusing that a Hufflepuff shared such a characteristic as ambition. He liked it, but then again, the hat almost wanted to put him in Hufflepuff. He assumed that it was the acting side of him that was a Hufflepuff, when the real side of him was a Slytherin. Rival attitudes, split down the middle. Kaleb thought it was rather ridiculous at first, but now that he met Leia, it rather became obvious to him. This made Kaleb smirk more. But his thoughts remained private. He sure did not want people to know that he was almost sorted into Hufflepuff. He truthfully found it embarrassing. Though he got what he wanted and he was glad for that.

Kaleb laughed, "I think everyone will be." Although, he was debating on telling Carmen before anyone. She was his best friend after all. Her next question rather befuddled him. He cocked his head slightly to the side, and inquired, "Depends, what do you mean by that?" If she meant jumping from the tree, then he was rather good at it. After all, he spent a lot of time in the trees, and jumping from them just added to the fun. Even though once, he got hurt from misreading how high he was from the ground. But that did not stop him from jumping out the next day. Though once again, he probably shouldn't have done that either.

Leia noticed the slightest hint of confusion written on his face and giggled lightly. She shimmied her way closer to Kaleb, her heart racing faster as a result; she wasn't doing it to get closer to him (though that was a plus) but simply because she needed another branch to help her up. Once she was standing up she looked down at Kaleb with a playful smirk. "I assume you've jumped off trees before right?" she asked with a smile. It was her turn to 'turn on the charm' for him, if she could that is. Carefully she let go of the branch she was holding on to for support and began carefully balancing on it. Her heart was racing and she couldn't see how far down the ground was due to the darkness of the forest, so she bit her lip in concentration, remembering ballet classes when she kept her toes pointed straight. She turned back around carefully, walking back until she was within reach of the branch and held on to it, sighing inaudibly with relief. As much as she loved climbing in trees and being in them, she liked jumping off them more. "Let's see you on your feet then," she said to him teasingly. She wasn't saying for him to balance on the branch as she'd just done, but rather to jump off and she'd follow suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back