Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Veela Hair Core
Odette pushed the chess board away from her on the bed and let herself drop against the pillows dramatically. "You win, again." She said with a deep sigh. "Remind me why I even play against you? It's no fun." She brushed her hair out of her eyes so she could scowl at her girlfriend, her arms crossed in front of her. She was exaggerating how annoyed she was just a bit, she did dislike losing in general, but it wasn't so bad when it was Margo. It did make Odette question why she was even playing this game with her. The chess pieces were questioning it too, loudly. She knocked one over when it turned to her to complain more about their loss. "I bet I'd win in one on one Quidditch." She said to Margo teasingly. It was always nice when Margo came to visit, especially as the Madison's house was quiet during the school year with Charlie and Emily at Hogwarts. Finn was still here, but he was a pretty quiet kid. Odette had enjoyed getting to know him better since she graduated, though he would soon be going to Hogwarts as well. Grabbing the bowl off her nightstand, Odette offered it to Margo. "Bertie Botts?" She asked, wiggling the bowl at her enticingly. It was always hilarious when Margo got anything she didn't like. Odette thought the way her face scrunched up was adorable, even if she wasn't going to say that.

Margo grinned as she began collecting up the chess pieces. Sometimes she made bad moves in the hopes Odette would beat her, but most of the time she was really trying to win. She just didn't get that many opportunities to beat her girlfriend at something. "Because you love me?" she suggested, mostly joking, though she wondered if there might be a bit of truth in it. "But we're not playing Quidditch, and I won, so." Margo stuck her tongue out and grinned. Hanging out at Odette's was always much more relaxing than at her own house. She still wasn't convinced her parents were supportive of their relationship. They said they were, but they also made her keep her bedroom door open and made excuses to check up on her every twenty minutes.

"I'm going to be daring," Margo said, taking a small handful of beans and putting all of them in her mouth at once. She chewed for a few seconds, and then her face crinkled. "Eurgghh, I think there's an earthworm in there! And fish. It's like anchovy. That's so nasty. Oh, no. I shouldn't have done this. I'm so sorry." She hopped up from the bed and spat the beans out into Odette's bin. "Wow, I'm so attractive. Ughh."

Odette smiled a little at Margo's words, unable to help herself. "I guess." She said dramatically, sighing deeply. But she kissed her cheek quickly, eager to show her she didn't mean that in the slightest. "I do." She murmured. "Even when you beat me at chess. I guess I can handle losing when it's to you." She then nudged her. "Stop making me sappy." She murmured. She watched with horrified delight as Margo grabbed a whole handful of beans, which everyone knew was a terrible idea. One bad bean could ruin the taste no matter what the other ones were. She couldn't stop herself from laughing at the expression on Margo's face. "Oh Merlin, I could have told you that was a bad idea!" She said in between laughter, shaking her head. She wrinkled her nose as Margo spat the beans out into the bin. "Strangely, yes." She said in response to her words. "You still are somehow. It's really defying the laws of the universe."

Margo wiped her mouth on the cuff of her sleeve, grinning. Only Odette could make her feel pretty even when she was spitting mushed up beans. "I would kiss you, but I probably taste like earthworm," she said, making her way back over to the bed. She sat down cross-legged, her expression suddenly serious. This was nice. But Margo wanted something else. The idea had been on her mind for several weeks now, but she hadn't yet found the courage to talk to Odette about it. What if she said no? What if it scared her away? She couldn't risk that.

Margo forced herself to smile, knowing Odette would see right through it. "I like it when you're sappy," she said, hoping to distract her. She picked up the bowl of beans and offered it to Odette. "OK, your turn!"

Odette wrinkled her nose in distaste. "Okay, no earthworm kisses sounds like a good rule." She decided, though moved close to Margo the moment she sat back down onto the bed. It was just... nice, being close to her, and she leaned against her girlfriend's shoulder casually. She brushed some of her curls off her shoulder. But she noticed something change in her expression. Odette frowned a little, pushing the bowl to the side as Margo offered it to her. "Is something wrong?" She asked directly. They had danced around their feelings long enough, and Odette preferred just being open and honest now when something was up.

Margo felt a familiar shiver as Odette brushed her hair off her shoulder. Would she always feel that shiver, she wondered? That warm tingle of excitement at being close to her girlfriend? She couldn't imagine the novelty ever wearing off, not if they stayed together for the rest of their lives. She could only hope Odette felt the same. Forcing another smile, she shook her head. "No! I mean, not wrong, exactly," she said. She sighed and tucked a blonde lock of Odette's hair behind her ear. "I just love you. And I've been thinking... Not that we have to rush, or anything... But maybe one day we could move in together. You know, into our own place. My uncle says he can get me a job at his firm while I'm studying so I don't have to rely on my mum and dad. Maybe - maybe we'd have enough for a really small place. Wouldn't that be amazing?" Margo studied Odette anxiously for her reaction.

Odette felt nervous as she saw Margo's smile, knowing by now what her genuine smiles looked like, and this wasn't it. She listened nervously as Margo said there wasn't anything wrong, but there was clearly something on her mind. Odette was quiet as Margo talked, her eyes widening a little as she understood what Margo was saying. She started to play with her hair, nodding slowly. "It would be a lot of fun." She said quietly, knowing she wasn't the most enthusiastic. "I really want that, Margo. I do. But..." She glanced around the room. "I now for the first time sort of feel like I have a home. I'm worried about leaving too soon." She paused. "What if Maria will feel like I'm ungrateful?" She added in a small voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back