OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
When Jacob's mother had informed him that he couldn't enroll in Herbology, Jacob had nearly flipped his lid. And he actually did when she wouldn't help him by enrolling him anyway, forcing him to go have a conversation with Professor Castillo. Jacob didn't like the man, didn't like that his mother was friends with him, and was quite suspicious that she seemed to be forcing this interaction. He'd noticed his mother and father acting much more friendly to each other than usual, and he had been pretty pleased about it until someone had mentioned that perhaps they were both moving on. Jacob refused to believe that was the case. With his mother's note informing him of his inability to enroll without the professor's signature, Jacob stomped down to the greenhouse. He'd been avoiding this all day but wait any more and he risked missing the deadline. He couldn't have that. Jacob had goals. He had dreams. And he needed Herbology to achieve them.

Taking a deep breath, Jacob knocked on Professor Castillo's door and then stepped back. He stuffed his hands in his pocket and began rocking on his heels slightly.

It had taken a little while, but Angel was finally starting to settle into his office. Cooped up in a greenhouse wasn't the most ideal for him, but he'd definitely made good of worse situations and it was rather nice to stay put someplace for more than a year. The whole professor thing was really working out pretty good on all fronts, and while the grading was tedious, Angel was surprised to find he actually enjoyed parts of it.

Leaning back in one of his armchairs, Angel was enjoying some of the peace before there was any real homework or lesson plans to be done this year, figuring he could just wing the first week or so again, when there was a knock at his door. He was going to be impressed if someone was somehow already struggling with their homework this year into the year, shuffling some papers around before swinging the office door open with a flick on his wand. "Come on in!" He called to the person in the doorway, a little surprised to see Jacob Kingsley unenthusiastically lurking there.

Jacob watched the door swing open into a room far bigger than he'd expected to see. The professor was inside and called him over. Jacob stepped in, his curiosity I'll disguised. Plants dominated the room, which made perfect sense. The teen continued forward, reaching for the parchment he'd slipped into his pocket and pulled it out. "My m-" he paused. He'd been about to say his 'mom' but that wasn't quite right in this context. His mother would've helped him. "My Head of House won't let me enroll in Herbology unless you sign off" he held the parchment out, hoping to get a quick signature so he could be off.

Angel took the parchment from Jacob, making a show of looking it over. It wasn't anything too showy, but Angel hadn't had many students come in asking for his help and he had to admit he was milking it a bit. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't really seem all that interested in herbology last year.." Angel said slowly. Admittedly, when he was in school, Angel hadn't been very interested in the subject either, but at least he'd managed to keep his grades up. Admittedly his parents had been quite good at persuading him to. "And I doubt you're wanting back just to hear me talk." Angel joked, though he was a touch curious as to why Jacob was bothering. He supposed having a teacher for a mother might make your education a bit of a tricky thing to navigate. Maybe Jacob was regretting a bit of rebellion last year, which Angel couldn't really hold against anyone.

Jacob looked around the room as the professor looked the paper over, his eyes cutting back to the professor when he spoke. It was true. He didn't love Herbology, it certainly wasn't his favorite course. But he needed it to become an Auror, not that he was going to let the man know that. Instead, he shrugged. "I like the class enough" he stated, scuffing his sneaker against the ground. Jacob didn't know if saying that would help him but he was being honest. As honest as he planned on being. Jacob hadn't told anyone but Jemma about wanting to become an Auror and she was sworn to secrecy especially now that his brother was one. Jacob didn't want people to think he was just following his brother. He hadn't even known that's what Noah planned on doing.

Angel took a moment to consider Jacob. The sixth year's course had its dangers in theory, and if Jacob got himself mauled by a snargaluff, Angel would no doubt have to face Cyndi Kingsley's wrath. But Jacob was a smart enough kid and Angel finally shrugged, summoning a quill to scribble his signature down. "Well, enough is good enough for me," He said breezily, finishing with a flourish and handing the paper back. "Sixth year plants are dangerous, so please pay attention this year. Your mother'll kill me if you get hurt." He said, leaning back in his chair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back