Temper, Temper

Sergios Romanes

Wand
Curly 15 1/2" Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Raising twins with an ex-wife had been challenging, since his career in football in the muggle world ultimately split the two apart. Sergios felt that he out to go back to Italy, but then again, he remembered his uncle and noped right out of that. The less his uncle knew about his profession, the better. But at least his twins were healthy, and stopped asking when Sergios would end up getting back with Isabella. In the end, having a wife with the same name as his sister was a little awkward for him. From what he knew, his sister was now single as well, though, didn’t know the purpose. Isabella was really quiet about that, and with five kids of her own to look after, she must be on the tired side. But now she was a coach for an American team, where Sergios dreamed of playing football. But there, they called it soccer. It was a strange word, but Sergios dreamed of going there one day. He wasn’t a big professional, but at least he was on a team.

After practice, Sergios showered in the locker rooms before heading out to find himself something to eat. A few hours of running and kicking make the Italian hungry for something good and full of meat. He required the protein after all. Sergios made his way to a local fast food restaurant, still in the muggle world. He stood in line for a few moments, before feeling some bigger man grunt and cut him in line. Sergios narrowed his eyes, and reached for the edge of his jeans on his hip where his wand rested. He raised his shirt a bit, before putting it back down. Too many muggles to give this rude man a hex. Sergios placed his hand on his forehead. He could have just exposed the entire magical world, for his carelessness. How could he have done such a thing?

Working in the muggle world had been an interesting experiment in observation and control. Going against the grain her parents had provided for her, and narrowly managing to get away without an arranged marriage, Aurelie found that she rather enjoyed living in small apartment with Mikael. He spent most of his time out in his work anyway, so it wasn't like Aurelie saw him terribly often as it was and she found it kind of nice to be able to focus on herself for a chance. Writing for an online magazine was tough though, she generally couldn't do it at home. She had to go out of her way to find cafes with free wifi, which wasn't as hard as she liked to make it out to be, but when you had a deadline you had to be careful what you did and didn't do.

Aurelie had been in the cafe for no less than an hour when she'd decided she needed another coffee. She stood inline behind a guy who was actually pretty good looking and thought about what she wanted to order. Of course someone had to go and ruin her comfortable silence when they cut in front of the guy in front of her and Aurelie could have sworn she saw the guy flinch to his jean pocket. Had she been carrying her wand on her, she might have done the same and she found herself wondering if perhaps this guy was not a muggle. She stared down at his jeans for a moment, wondering if that was an outline of a wand or just the seam before she decided to throw caution to the wind. She leaned around the cute guy and tapped the big guy on the shoulder. "Hey @sshole, you know, jinxes exist for people like you." The guy looked at her like she was completely insane. Aurelie grinned.

A cute girl stepped around him and poked the bigger gruff guy that cut him in line. However, what came from her mouth made Sergios’ mouth drop to form the perfect little ‘o’. Of course, the bigger man did not know what she meant, but Sergios sure did. He ran his fingers through his hair before he frowned, “Hey, sorry for my sister. She can be a little out of her head sometime. We’ll just be going now.” Sergios placed his hand on her shoulder to lead her out from the cafe, stopping short of the window which could see the pair. Sergios quietly took out his wand and cast a spell to not allow others to hear their conversation. He swiftly stuck it back into his pocket, before he exclaimed, “Are you absolutely insane?! This is a muggle town, with muggles or no-maj, whatever you call them around here! I mean I almost exposed the magical world because of my temper and I’m highly dehydrated, back from practice and whatnot, so that’s my excuse even though it is a piss poor one. What is yours?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back