OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily made the long way up the staircases to the Owlery where she found a lovely spotted owl. She untucked one of the letters she'd penned as she walked to the bird and gently ruffled his feathers on his head. She remembered he was an affectionate owl. "When you get back I'll give you a lovely treat, wouldn't that be brilliant?"she spoke to it softly, attaching the letter to his stuck out leg. He flew off with a bright hoot.
She watched him fly off and hung her head, untucking the other letter and giving it to a barn owl that watched her lazily. She tied the letter to her stuck out leg and promised her a treat too as she flew off into the sunlight.
Cecily wrapped her shawl tighter around her shoulders. What would they say? She thought of her mother and father, who'd welcomed Bearse into the family, despite their set backs about him. Her father had taken him fishing on many occassions and they'd hang out on the yacht while she and her mother puttered around the back yard. She sniffled, blowing her nose on a tissue she conjured as the tears fell rolled down her cheeks. She turned and straightened, pasting a calm expression on her face as she made her way back to the castle, face dry and smile at the ready.

Marilyn Rambolt lazed in the last of the sunshine of the season, enjoying the gentle rocking of the open sea. Her husband strutted about on the boat and she narrowed her eyes, peering at him from between golden lashes. From this angle, she thought, tilting her head, he could pass for the dangerously handsome Captain Hook. His rugged good looks never failed to amaze her, as she thought herself quite plain. Her blonde hair was cut short these days, after the cancer, it curled about her head like a blonde halo. Her grey eyes sparkled with mirth and she called out to her husband.

"James!" He turned his head at the call of his name and blew her a kiss before finishing tying the sail.

"Yes, luv?" he asked, a devilish glint in his dark green eyes. His dark brown hair, worn a bit longer than normal, blew in the wind.

"I believe that's an owl on the rail, dear," she laughed gently, pointing.

"Ah! So it is!" He opened a large cooler box and set out a small fare of crackers, kippers and a dish of water before taking the letter. The owl hooted thankfully after it's long journey and tore into the food.

"What does our daughter write?" Marilyn asked, coming to stand beside him. She watched his face turn to a scowl and he quickly gave the letter to her. Her worried eyes watched as he stalked downstairs and she heard the clinking of bottles. She hurriedly read the letter before going downstairs slowly herself. She plunked herself down on the red built in couch.

James came to her and handed her a drink before he sat down beside her and put his arm around her shoulder. They sat there for a long time in silence. The letter sat in front of them on the table.
Dear Mum and Dad,
I wish I were bearing better news but alas I am not.  I cannot go into detail in letter but wish to prepare you for things to come.  Bearse is dead.  He died swiftly and without any pain.  There will be no showing nor calling hours.  I'll be home for the Christmas hols and we can discuss things further then.  I love and miss you both terribly.
Your loving daughter,
~Cecily

"Edward! Another blasted bird for you!"

"Well for Merlin's sake, let it in!" Edward Stanton yelled back irritably at his soon to be ex roommate. He was busy packing, readying to go to his new office in New Zealand. He'd asked for the transfer straight after last holiday when he'd seen Cecily. It'd brought back a lot of feelings he'd thought he'd buried in his work. Apparantly not well enough. He was in love with her. He knew nothing could come of it but he'd at least be able to be near his child hood friend.

The owl flapped in, dropped the letter and left in a huff. "Huh." He tore the letter open. A scowl darkened his face. His fist crumpled. In moments, he was packed, his things shrunk and in his pockets. He raced out the door.

"Where are you--," his baffled roommate Theodore called, "--going? Blimey bugger." He scratched the bald spot on the back of his round head and slunk off to watch more telly.
Edward,
I am writing to you to inform you of Bearse's death.  I cannot go into details but he died swiftly and without pain.  There will be no showing, nor calling hours.  I am still processing all that has happened and will be coming home for Christmas hols.  Perhaps you could have dinner with my parents and me while I'm there? 
Hope you are well. 
~Cecily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back