Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Estella was a little annoyed, and maybe that was an understatement. The girl didn't like anyone speaking poorly of her friends, and after her encounter with Ivy at the Valentine's Dance, Estella needed to tell Sawyer all about it. She couldn't let that Gryffindor get away with it. On the other hand however, Estella was feeling like she had been out of the loop a little with everything. Sawyer and Ivy obviously had a good thing going on between them which inevitably turned sour. Estella had no idea how it started or ended, and truthfully it made her a little sad. Sawyer was meant to be a good friend to her and she thought he would have told her everything already. Nonetheless, Estella held back from reacting to these feelings, and just wanted to let Sawyer know what Ivy had said as soon as possible. She knew that he liked hanging around at the lakefront, and so made her way across the castle and across the grounds so she could find him. It didn't take her long to spot him, and when she did, she almost ran over there. "Sawyer!" she exclaimed, taking a seat next to him by the lake. "You... would never... guess..." Estella was a little breathless, and so paused for a moment as she composed herself, before then completely spilling everything out. "So, I'm at the Valentine's Dance dressed in this really cute dress, and guess who comes over? Ivy told me to be careful with you. Can you believe that? What did you even do to her? She really had no business saying that to me." Estella sighed frustratingly, just wanting to let it all out.

Sawyer felt like he deserved credit for sticking it out school right now considering how much he'd messed everything up. If he'd been weaker willed he would have given up and gone to live in a tree in the forest by now. At least he wouldn't have to deal with roommates if he lived in a tree. As it was, Sawyer was still living in the castle though, and doing his best to avoid Ivy and her friends for the rest of his life. Or at least he could go home for the holidays. The school lake wasn't as good for sulking (brooding, Sawyer reminded himself, sulking was lame, he was brooding) than the one at home; it was too big and the chance of being interrupted by someone throwing rocks in it or complaining about homework was too high, but it was working in a pinch.

He was picking idly at the growing hole in his jeans when someone called his name, and Sawyer was pleasantly surprised to see Estella had apparently run over to join him. He huffed in amusement as she tried to catch her breath, letting her speak until she mentioned Ivy and his stomach dropped like a stone. "Ah," he said slowly, tugging awkwardly at a lock of his hair that tickled behind his air in the wind. "That was.. Well that," Sawyer stumbled for an explanation, glancing at Estella, his chest warming with the apparent evidence that she was on his side in this whole thing. "I was just joking around with her and I guess she took it too seriously. Didn't realize she didn't have a good sense of humour," he settled on, shrugging his shoulders and trying not to hunch them up as he did so. It wasn't a complete lie. He hadn't been trying to hurt Ivy or anything, how was he supposed to know how she felt, he reasoned. And if Ivy was going around telling everyone he was awful he figured he was in his rights to set things straight. "Can't believe she was bad mouthing me to other people over it," he added with a groan, leaning back to rest his weight on his arms behind him and looking at Essie dryly.

Estella couldn't help but be a little concerned as Sawyer hesitated to respond to her. She furrowed her eyebrows, watching as he nervously came up with a response. But as he responded, Essie's expression softened and she smiled at him. Ivy definitely didn't seem like the type for jokes. Essie knew Sawyer well enough to know that his jokes weren't always the best, but Estella always enjoyed them nonetheless. He was awkward sometimes, but that was something Essie found to be really amusing. "Well, your jokes are a little silly sometimes." she said jokingly with a little laugh. People just had to have the right humour to get Sawyer's jokes, and it didn't surprise Essie that Ivy wasn't one of them. "Yeah, but if she does it to my face again, she better watch out." Estella said seriously. She was ready to cause a scene for her friend if that was what was required. The Hufflepuff still felt like she hadn't been told everything however. "So what was the joke, if you don't mind me asking? I promise I won't get mad and run away like she did."

Sawyer grimaced at Essie's assessment of his jokes, miming a shot to the heart as she did so, but he let her continue, smiling quietly at his knees as she defended him. "Thanks," he said, glancing back up at her, though his smile faltered some when Estella asked for more details, tilting his head back and forth, like he was rolling the question around in his brain. How to even begin. "It was pretty stupid, I'll admit," he said, figuring the disclaimer was necessary. "Just some joke about us kissing or whatever. Apparently she took it real personally cause she liked me or something. I didn't know," Sawyer said glumly, going back to picking at his jeans at the memory of his last proper conversation with Ivy. "Might of dodged a bludger with that one, though, aye," he said sheepishly, glancing over at Estella again, curious for her reaction. Despite the fallout of everything, Sawyer was kind of keen to let other people know Ivy had all but said she had a crush on him- well, past tense- it was the one thing close to being a good thing in all this. But for some reason, he hesitated when he'd told Essie, a confusing tangle of feelings at the idea of her finding out he wasn't sure he could poke at right now.

Estella nodded as Sawyer explained to her what the joke was about. She couldn't help but ask further. "So... did you actually kiss her?" The thought of her friend kissing someone somehow made Estella feel a little sick, especially if it was Ivy. She also felt a pang of jealousy that she couldn't quite pinpoint. She wasn't sure if she was jealous of Sawyer or if she was jealous of the person that was potentially kissing him. The girl couldn't explain exactly how she was feeling, but she knew it was complicated. At Sawyer's statement, Essie chuckled. "You definitely did." she agreed with a nod. "But don't worry. I'm sure there's a lot of pressure off your shoulders now, right? She's no longer holding you back." Estella tried her best to sound reassuring, but really she was just glad that Sawyer was single again, and as far as she knew, had no other romantic interest. Somehow that made Estella feel a whole lot better herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back