Teehee, I have followers :D

Laurence Zemonif

OOC First Name
Willow
Laurence plodded down the corridor toward the stairs, scuffing his feet as he went. He'd not had a drink in three days and he was bored! Very bored! Since befriending the house elf, Chalky, he'd been having a little more fun, she generally was up for taking part in any of Laurence's odd ideas and plans. But she'd been busy the last few weeks and so hadn't been able to keep him company.

Wandering along the spacious, elegantly decorated corridor he hummed the duck song to himself, adding in the odd word he could remember. At the top of the stairs he flumped down in the middle of the top step and gazed down.

Hearing someone approaching from the corridor he'd just come down, he laid flat down on the floor, so as he could see the person, it was a young boy, no older than say, 16? "Yo, dude. Ant seen you round before, you new to household Kalforovich?" putting an odd accent on the last two words, that has no clear, or even un-clear definition!

Caleb had only recently moved into the house, and so far he'd had a brilliant time, meeting new people, doing what he wanted, and of course, not going to school! As he had transfered from Hogwarts to Durmstrang the new sense of freedom had gone to his head a little too much!

He had decided that today he would spend time around the house, as the wether was HORRIBLE! And so wandered around the house you could that he could swear you could live in without anyone ever finding you! Seeing a man with bushy hair sat on the top of the stairs, he tried to sneak up and scare the man, but failed goddamn heavy footed good for nothing interesting.... < His thoughts were always against him. Generally.

"Yo." He replied half heartedly, not really trying to subdue his disappointment at not being able to scare someone. He liked scaring people, it was fun! "Yeah, pretty much. Been here a week an a half." He went and sat next to the man on the step. "I'm Caleb by the way," Cheering up now, he held out a hand for the man to shake "Caleb Mintkin."

Laurence tried to contain the giggles that were building up inside him from the boys expressions, he'd obviously interrupted a scheme or something, and this kid was blatantly a sore loser!

He sat up as the boy joined him on the step and listened to him, pretending to be interested, "Cool.... I'm Laurence Zemonif!" Being all over the top about his name, as if he were introducing someone on a chat show, and going to take the boy's hand shake, then moving away just before contact, "Hah, gotta be quicker there lad! Is that a British accent I detect? You by any chance one of them bowler hat wearing, tea drinking, patriotic English people?" Laughing as he said this obvious joke
OOCOut of Character:
I am English, and this is not an insult, its funny. Just thought I'd say. ^_^

Caleb scowled at the man, who was trying to joke, but being pretty lame about it! "Yeah, lived there till I was like, 9? 10? .... ish. I dunno, somewhere around then. Moved to NZ to live with my uncle, then moved here to live with my cousin, its complicated. Anyway, why are you sat in the stairs?" Changing the subject deliberately for more than one reason - awkwardness, curiousness! He shifted a little and held his left wrist with his right hand, as he realised he had nearly told a complete stranger the hardest thing in his life.... not usually a good idea....

Laurence laughed at the boy's response to his teasing, it was fun to tease, made life interesting anyway! "Yeah, yeah, yeah, life story: not needed, and all that." He flicked his hand in the boy's direction and turned the other way, leaning on his elbows looking down the stairs again. "Huh? Why shouldn't I sit in the stairs? It's a perfectly good place to sit I'll have you know!" He looked the boy directly in the eye, and tried to act like a stern parent or something. It didn't work, he started laughing! "Got nothin' to do, kid. Ya know, its not all fun and games being a responsible adult ya know. Sometimes you just get bored!" He nodded slowly with a reminiscent face on, before smirking again.

Caleb smirked back at the man, he recognised he was a bit of a douche and so decided he was not to be taken seriously. That meant he was cool! He seemed to be quite an honest and straight forward person as well, which was always a good thing too.

"I'm sure it's not all 'fun and games'. but neither is it too easy being a teenager you know. All the teenage dramas, even if they're nothin' to do with you, they getcha down!" giving an un-serious, serious face and talking in a Liverpool accent. "Soo, Laurence...."

Laurence was still bored, talking and meeting new people was all very well, but he wanted to DO something. "Right! Come with me!" He grabbed Caleb's arm and pulled him down the stairs after him, at quite a speed. He had a plan, he hadn't quite thought the whole thing through yet, but he was getting there.

"We're going to, uhh.... Well you'll see." He said as they went through the house to the garden, trying to avoid having to answer questions he probably couldn't answer yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back