OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
It was only a few days into their new life and Ysabel has seen too many awesome things that she thinks she should share it with her parents. Ysabel might not have made friends yet but she will in time, maybe when the Gryffindor has grasp the world she barely knew existed before. She was also cautious about who she and Theo met because of their parents side job as a scourer. They have no idea if the kids here has a family member that has been captured by their parents. Though, setting that matter aside and enjoying the magnificent castle, Ysabel wrote a two page letter to their parents. She find it hard that there was no electricity, no computer to send an email or video call them, it was back to basics for the young girl. So, when someone told her that the only way to send a letter wasn't by local post mail but by what wizards call an owl post. Ysabel was led by someone to the tower where the Owls that was used for mail is at. Yes, it stinks but she can bare it unless for just a few minutes but how can she send it was another thing. Ysabel started at a few Owls; some are white, some are brown and some are both in colors. The Gryffindor was about to ask the kid who brought her here but they were gone that fast. She was stuck there and the Owl droppings wasn't helping either.

Sophie had promised her parents to write about which house she was sorted into and how she was doing at school. It felt a little pointless, Amber had probably told them all about it already. She was always way more on top of things and apparently hated to let Sophie do anything for herself, but she still went. The letter she had written wasn't very long, just a few lines. She didn't see the point in wasting time telling them about the castle, they knew all about it already. After reluctantly asking an older student where the owlery was, Sophie made her way there. She hadn't really expected it to empty, but seeing a student her own age there still startled her a little. She didn't recognize her, exactly, but she looked to be a first year like her. Was she supposed to talk to her? She noticed she was just standing there, holding a letter. Sophie raised an eyebrow, what was this girl doing? The way she was just standing there and looking at the owls reminded Sophie of her older sister Amber, she was scared of birds and she knew she always had to ask others to help her mail things. Whenever they got an owl at home, Amber would stay as far away from it as possible. So she assumed the same thing was happening to this girl. "Are you scared or something?" She asked her bluntly. She didn't really get it, she herself would love nothing more than her own pet owl.

Ysabel was in a disadvantage here. Her knowledge of the wizarding world was so poor that she can't figure out a simple task. Advancing to pick an owl, she was startled by someone. She turned around quickly, her squeal made some owls moved away from their perch. "Santo, Maria e José! (Holy, Mary and Joseph!)" The young Gryffindor spat out in Portuguese. Ysabel promised to her parents that she wouldn't spoke in any other language other than English because it was polite and other people wouldn't feel awkward with them. "I'm sorry, my tongue reflex is quite fast when someone scares the beejezus out of me." She reasoned but it was the truth. Ysabel looked back at the owls, they seems to have calmed down now and went to look back at the girl. "For your question .. I wasn't scared, I'm simply at a lost here. You see .. I-.. me and my brother never in our lives sent a letter via an owl post. It's usually emails and text messages, if you know what I mean." The Gryffindor was cautious not to offend the girl. She was too new to get into a fight. "Maybe you could help me?" Ysabel flashed an apologetic smile, hoping it will charm her and help her.

Sophie was almost a bit pleased to see how much she had startled the girl. That wasn't really nice, but it felt sort of new to be intimidating at her height. She shrugged at the Portuguese language and the girl's explanation. "It's fine, I dunno what you said but I think I got the gist." Now that she was looking at the other girl, she didn't seem scared of the owls. Something she confirmed quite readily. When she explained that she had never done this before, she actually felt a bit bad for the girl. This school really needed an extra course or something for muggle born kids. They were pretty much shipped to school and abandoned as far as Sophie could tell. Her father had been raised as a muggle and he had told her how startling it had been at first. She decided to take pity on the girl. "I do know what you mean." She said, nodding. "My grandparents are muggles, they use that stuff." Sophie had never really paid too much interest because it wasn't like she had anyone to message or send emails to. "Fine, I'll help." She muttered. "Let's do yours first. You just hold out your arm and an owl will come down to perch on it. Then you attach the letter to its leg and just let go. It helps if you say the destination but I'm not sure if that is even necessary. Pretty sure it's some sort of weird owl magic."

She smiled at her when the girl understand her means but when Ysabel heard a word she's not familiar with, her smile added a small frown. "I beg your pardon but what's a muggle?" She asked. The twin's parents had explained the blood statues system to them but never mentioned anything about muggles or whatever you call those people. Are they the normal ones? Ysabel is now very interested to know more about the wizarding world, like a huge amount. Although, her mind was replaced back to the real matter in hand. The sending a letter through an owl thing. The girl agreed to help her and gave instructions that was easy to follow. Ysabel cautiously stretched out her left arm and waited for a few seconds for an owl to land her arm. And it paid off, a brown barn owl landed smoothly on her arm. Her smile was priceless when that happened, Ysabel was impress, she can't even do that at a zoo without a supervision with an adult. After being impressed and all, Ysabel attached the letter to its leg and pretty much told the owl the whole address of the Spanish girl and hope she did it right. The Gryffindor let go of the owl and it flew out of the owlery window. She stared at the airborne owl getting fainter every second until it was gone. Ysabel turned to the girl who helped her, "Thank you so much for helping. I'm new to all this. At least me and my brother are, our parents are born into it but they never revealed who they are to us. I know, it's very complicated to explain but yeah, you could say I'm an outsider from all of these." She told her, explaining a little bit for her not to judge her that first hand. "I'm Ysabel, sorted into Gryffindor." The Spanish girl introduce herself with another smile. It was becoming her trademark but that was always people wanted, for her to smile more.

Sophie grimaced when the girl asked what a muggle was. It seemed obvious to her now that she wouldn't know that word and she felt silly for using it. "Oh, a muggle is like, a person that wasn't raised in the magical world and has no magic." She shrugged. "Like your parents, I guess?" She assumed the girl was raised by muggles if she didn't even know the basics.

The girl did surprisingly well with her owl and Sophie nodded without smiling. "You got the hang of it." She told her before busying herself with sending her own letter. The girl started to talk again and Sophie paused in what she was doing to look at her. "I guess I was wrong, if your parents were born into it they wouldn't be muggles." She frowned. "But why keep you in the dark, then? That sounds..." She stopped herself from saying 'stupid'. Well, it did sound stupid. It sounded stupid and irresponsible and honestly sort of mean. What sort of parent would drop their kid in a completely different world without telling them about it? She bit it back though, insulting someone's parents was a good way to get thrown out of the owlery window. "Complicated, yeah." She finally said, frowning and already disliking this girl's parents without having met them. It wasn't unusual for Sophie to dislike people without meeting them, though. "I'm Sophie." She said after a while. "I was sorted in Ravenclaw. Is your brother here at school too or is he too young?" Sophie noticed how much the girl was smiling, though she didn't once return it. She didn't smile very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back