Tea Time

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa tiredly sat down at the Slytherin table and dropped her designer bag beside her. The table was remotely empty which Alyssa for once was somewhat thankful for. She had a mild headache that she seemed to have gained during her argument with Theodore this morning. He insisted that he didn't want to go home, when the darn boy obviously knew he was going to get forced home anyways.

Alyssa decided that instead of dealing with him she would go get something to drink and calm herself down. She'd deal with Theodore when she wasn't as tired and snappy. Reaching across the table Alyssa carefully poured herself a glass of tea before bringing it to her lips and taking a long sip and turning to look around the room. Alyssa figured it was empty because of all the students that went home for the holiday's. Luckily she wasn't leaving for her vacation in France until tomorrow....because she hadn't really started to pack at all.

"I wish one of my friends was here." Alyssa muttered. She hadn't realyl seen any of her friends since a week before the Yule Ball. And she somewhat missed them.

Theodore sat down across from his irritated cousin and gave her a look that said she needed to keep her mouth shut about the packing and just listen to what he had to say. About half an hour prior to this Alyssa and he had gotten into a large fight about packing for the stupid Paris trip. He didn't really wnat to go, so he was trying to delay...while Alyssa was trying to rush.

"Before you start to yell, I think you should at leats hear why I don't want to go." Theodore muttered in his french accent that he barely noticed he'd had anymore.

Abbey knew that today Alyssa and Theodore were leaving for Paris, she couldn't help but be a little saddened that she wouldn't see one of her most trusted friends over holidays, as it would be hard for her, she would need someone she trusted to be with, but she didn't want to keep Theo behind if he didn't want to stay.

She walked down to the Great Hall, smiling to herself as she saw two blond heads. Abbey's heart immediately speed up in anxiety as she reached them, Theo looked like he was a little upset. "Hi Alyssa," she murmured to her friend and then wrapped her arms around Theodore, embracing him warmly. "Hey Theo, why so upset?" she asked with a tone of playfulness in her voice, one that she thought would sooth him a little.

Alyssa stared at Abbey curiously when she arrived. Alyssa became even more curious when Abbey embraced Theodore. Were they dating? And if they were why didn't Theodore tell her? He used to tell her everything, well....everything that wasn't having anything to do with his father and their family. He hated everything to do with the Snow family an dhe made it clear with every chance he got.

Alyssa smiled at Abbey as she sat down. "Hey Abbey!" Alyssa tried to hide her growing anger at her cousins cold attitude towards her and the family. She felt that he needed to at least pretend he loved them. Especially her parents who took him and his younger sister in after the death of his parents. They had given him all their love and attention and the least he could do was acted like he cared.

"Fine...I'll listen. But make it quick." Alyssa said narrowing her eyes at her cousin. She hoped that Abbey wouldn't feel uncomfortable with the tension that was beginning to rise between her and Theodore.

"Hey." Theodore smiled at abbey lightly before he turned back to Alyssa to see a frown on her face.

"Don't give me an attitude. I'm not being rude...I'm just trying to explain to you what I think." Theodore grumbled when he caught onto Alyssa's anger and tension. He figured that it was about time that Alyssa started to realize that their family had a really messed up way of life. Especially now that both he and she were coming of the age when their father's were going to expect more from them then they ha din the past.

"I just think going home is going to be a bad idea....that's all." Theodore was trying his best not to become angry with Alyssa and her stubborness.

Abbey smiled at Alyssa and sat down then began fiddling with the end of her dress as she listened to Theo and Alyssa speak. Oh boy I hope she doesn't.. 'change' if things get too bad, she thought as she poured herself a cup of tea. Oh dear I hope Theo doesn't tell her about their family, she doesn't need to be stressed over holidays, she thought as she glanced over at Theodore gently.

Theodore casually glanced at Abbey and gave her a small smile. He really hoped that she wasn't being bothered by this little argument that seemed unavoidable now.

When he turned back around he started to speak. He knew he'd have to go fast, otherwise Alyssa would start ranting again.

"You know how our family is? Do you really think they even want us home that bad?" Theodore asked in a low voice.

Abbey pursed her lips as she thought, Oh dear, maybe I should leave. She looked over at Theodore as he spoke, affection for the boy showing only in her eyes. Her face showed one of curiosity and hopefulness, she wanted him to stay but she understood that he had to go. What about his parents? she asked herself anxiously, she didn't want him to go through anything that he had before.

Alyssa smiled sadly at Abbey and trucked a strand of her wavy blonde hair away form her face. She wanted Abbey to stay and not feel awkward around her. So insetad of answering Theodore's question she held up her paled hand to silence him before she turned and smiled.

"Let's just forget about this for now. We have a friend here and it'll be beyond ridiculous to keep agruing like this." Alyssa muttered and pulled her cup foward to take another sip of her tea. "So sorry about this Abbey." Alyssa quietly muttered.

Abbey raised her eye brows at Alyssa's words and said, "Oh it's fine." She glanced over at Theodore and said, "I take it you're not excited about going home." When she said 'home' it was said awkwardly like having a home was foreign to her, which it pretty well was. She pursed her lips, considering offering him to stay, but perhaps he would be happier at home when he actually got there. She decided she would stay quiet, so she picked up her tea and sheepishly took a sip.

"Theodore has never really liked being home." Alyssa shrugged her shoulders. She knew that her family had done some pretty awful things in the past. But these things all happened a long time ago so it shouldn't really bother him as much as it used to.

"But I don't think he really wants to stay here either. I know I wouldn't." Alyssa hoped that her comment wouldn't offend Abbey at all. Alyssa didn't know if Abbey was going anywhere or not, but she still didn't want to be rude about it or anything.

Abbey glanced over at Alyssa then looked back up at Theo and gave him an understanding smile. "I can understand that," she murmured before taking a sip of her tea, trying to avoid eye contact at this moment because she really wasn't sure what to say on the subject.

The young Slytherin looked over at Alyssa as she said that she wouldn't want to stay at Hogwarts, immediately Abbey's thoughts were, What does she think she's better then I am because she can afford to go home, that she has family? She smiled but that expression didn't meet her hazed over violet eyes before responding in a monotone, "It does have it's positives."

Theodore tried his best to ignore the girls as he dipped his spoon into his cup of tea and stirred it around to try and distract himself. He wanted to go home and he didn't want to go home at the same time. They each had their own pro and con.

"I don't like staying home. But staying at the school sounds boring too." Theodore shrugged hoping that the two girls woulc catch his head and not start to bicker and fight. Theodore knew no matter what he did someone would get him to come home anyways. So it didn't really matter what he felt.

Abbey sighed gently as she heard Theodore's words, and put down the cup of tea daintily and said, "Theodore, I'll see you when you get back alright?" She sheepishly hugged him good bye before standing up and saying, "Have a lovely holiday you two." She gave Alyssa a small wave and a warm smile to both Theodore and Alyssa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back